So what can we expect from McCown on Sunday?

Nixhead

Well Sam is hurt so I guess I'm somewhat interested in seeing if McCown can move this offense. As others have said will it make the other guys better? Will they suddenly begin to run effectively? Will they be able to sustain a drive? I don't know. I don't think there will such a difference between the play of Sam and McCown that things will be that much different. 

If Long is playing & has 15 bad snaps like he did last week McCown won't finish the game. If Harrison is at center & McCown wins 9-6 we ALL LOSE because we'll hear the old, "a win is a win, it's hard to win in the NFL".

Nope, I can't do it. I don't like us winning last games in losing seasons, as it's always f*cked us in the draft & I can't root for a win with a 40 year old journeyman over the 31st worst team in the league that might enhance the notion that Darnold is holding back Bowles from being a winning coach! Bowles actually is worse than Kotite, Kotite actually had some success in Philly & I guarantee you had a better road wins percentage. I showed you guys Bowles road record & the win/loss totals of the teams we beat was like 29-91. 

it's almost a win-win either way.  they lose it improves their draft position.  they win it gives them all a lift even if not much hope for the playoffs.  for darnold, it will mean just relaxing a week and getting his head together.  for the rest of the team, they can just ponder why they just seem to get penalties or underperform for most games.

What if McCown and the offense do nothing again like last week? Didn’t happen at all with McCown last year I don’t think. If it happens on Sunday and McCown and the Jets offense totally sukkk then Bowles and Bates should be fired immediately! Why - cause Bates sukks and Bowles fired Morton whom apparently was pretty good. I would fire those 2 Immediately and feel good about it!  That is the best case scenario!

9 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Am I the only one hoping for a McCown train wreck?  To me, this is a far more advantageous outcome than him actually doing well because a poor performance will drive the point home that this offense, OC, and HC are garbage and lead them all one step closer to the door.  A good performance could potentially create a QB controversy and whispers in the locker room, media, and fan base, that maybe the problem IS Darnold.  I think that's the LAST thing any of us want to see.  

OMG I hope McCown passes for 600 yards and 5 touchdowns. I want to see this cesspool of a franchise turn on Sam for a guy that was playing football while Sam was still in his diapers. Its exactly what they deserve.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

OMG I hope McCown passes for 600 yards and 5 touchdowns. I want to see this cesspool of a franchise turn on Sam for a guy that was playing football while Sam was still in his diapers. Its exactly what they deserve.

This is pretty funny, only because it's so unrealistic that it's comical. 600 yards & 5 TDs, against a team that beat the Vikings 27-6. The Jets are a lot closer to the Bills, than they are to the Vikings so my guess is that we all laugh while the Bills chase around our 39 year old loser QB, and we all realize that a 41 year old Brady has 100 times more wins than our loser veteran QB for a reason. I feel like Jet fans think McCown is taking over a squad like Nick Foles did last year, lol. McCown is taking over a bottom feeder NFL squad cobbled together by a horrible GM & probably the 2nd worse coach in the entire NFL behind Vance Joseph now that the Browns have fired Hugh Jackson. 

Archived