Gregg Williams Could be key to Unlocking Potential of Three key Jets

JetNation

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Doubt it very much. Was listening to a podcast today where a Browns blogger was saying Williams loves linebackers who can cover. Lee was one of the best pass coverage linebackers in the league last year.

No, he was not.

9 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Apparently, you're too dumb to realize that being in good in coverage doesn't just mean getting interceptions (although three in 12 games is good for a LB). 

Here are some more facts: all of his interceptions were against Pro Bowl QBs.

Ok so if Lee is soooo good in coverage why did the interceptions almost compltely disappear after 1 week? 

7 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Responding to you is actually making me dumber.  There is nothing to back up your claim that Lee is not good in coverage.  Just because you say something 100 times doesn't make it true.  

And yes, you make things up.  That's what people do when they've got nothing.

Yes I made up Lee's actual stats.  #fakenews

Just now, Philc1 said:

Ok so if Lee is soooo good in coverage why did the interceptions almost compltely disappear after 1 week? 

So your logic is that if a player doesn't get an interception in a given week, he couldn't have done a good job in coverage?  I want you to think about that for a few minutes.  And think really hard.

Now do this.  List every TD he gave up in coverage this year.  

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

agree.  but frankly i'd move leo for the right price.  maybe 14M is okay if he lights it up but given what he did this past season i don't think he deserves it.

I don’t see Macc moving him. He would lose face since it would equate to being a bad pick. Did he play Hack? No because he would have looked worse if he did play. I’d move or cut Lee. With our new DC on board, I give Leo another year to prove his mettle. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

I’m sure it’s been answered but I haven’t seen it yet. If Williams does a attack 4-3 who fits and who doesn’t? What players should shine etc? I’m sure someone here has already researched it. 

Patriot killer please get on this.

25 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fun Fact: Lee had 2 INTs in week 1.  Lee had 1 INT the rest of the entire 2018 season.

Matt Patricia's brainfart is the reason you have your precious PFF grade.  Lee's not good in coverage and sucks against the run oh and he was suspended for PED's and had to be pulled off trying to fight a woman last offseason. 

Darron Lee doesn't just suck at football, he sucks at life.

Marijuana is not a PED as far as I know.

5 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

I do.  But why do you need me to provide them if you've already seen them?  Why don't you do the board a favor and show us his weekly PFF coverage grades so we can see how his coverage grade was inflated by week one?

I don't need to have the actual numbers to understand how one huge statistical outlier of a game effects a small data set.

But, since you have them, again, feel free to share.

Otherwise, keep driving at whatever hollow victory you're after here.

And, this is all assuming that, you know, PFF rankings are an actual true measure of who's the best at anything.

According to the "Experts"  These 3 players all fit well in a "Williams Defense".  As for the other "key" members of last years defense:  Anderson, Jenkins ,and  Avery Williamson, not so much. Marcus Maye will benefit. Buster Skrine will most likely not be re-signed.  Luvu and Hewitt could play in this Defense.  They will definitely need a strong, "Nose Tackle" Type.  McClendon, if younger would probably fit.  The current version,  looks broken.  Pennel, Shepard and the others who knows.   This defense needs speed, strength, and point of attack aggression.  Players who fly to the ball. Who on this roster fits that mold time will tell.  That being said this type of defense is what we've been waiting for.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Wow the jets have all these guys who are so lockdown in coverage how did we have such a horrible defense with 28th ranked strength of schedule I will never figure that one out

Jamal IS good in coverage.  He's just not going to get his hands on as many balls as Derwin James because he's not as physically long or as rangey.

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

According to the "Experts"  These 3 players all fit well in a "Williams Defense".  As for the other "key" members of last years defense:  Anderson, Jenkins ,and  Avery Williamson, not so much. Marcus Maye will benefit. Buster Skrine will most likely not be re-signed.  Luvu and Hewitt could play in this Defense.  They will definitely need a strong, "Nose Tackle" Type.  McClendon, if younger would probably fit.  The current vision, looks broken.  Pennel, Shepard and the others who knows.   This defense needs speed, strength, and point of attack aggression. Who on this roster fits that mold time will tell.

Oh my God if we resign Skrine I'm jumping off a bridge

I hope McClendon has some left in the tank.  Starting caliber Nose Tackles don't fall off trees we can thank Macagnan for letting Snacks walk 3 years ago so he could help Wilkerson retire early

My guess is Macc tries to be smart and sign a legit Nickel (Bradley Roby) a legit #1 Cover corner (Pierre Desir).  In the draft we can go Allen though it's looking like he won't fall to us at 3 maybe we draft Clellin Ferrell who also looks really good

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I don't need to have the actual numbers to understand how one huge statistical outlier of a game effects a small data set.

But, since you have them, again, feel free to share.

Otherwise, keep driving at whatever hollow victory you're after here.

And, this is all assuming that, you know, PFF rankings are an actual true measure of who's the best at anything.

You criticize him for driving at a "hollow victory" when the only thing you've brought to the table is, "No he's not"? Your argument against Lee barely rises above kindergarten logic.

Archived