Ja'Wuan James: Dolphins Never Had an Offensive Identity

rayzor

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The articles of which players wanted out are easily searchable. 

I still don’t understand how the leading receiver was the 3rd receiver. Who was ahead of him? Landry is a move the chains receiver who is capable of breaking one. 17 million? Where’d you get that figure?

Macc has two years left on his contract as far as I can tell. After two more losing seasons, he’ll be canned. The new GM won’t keep Gase. The rebuild version 7 can begin in 2021. Rebuilding 8 begins when Darnold bolts in free agency. I left my Kelly green glasses at home. Sorry. :)

Landry is a 10 yard per WR.  112 for 980 yards isn't a to WR.  He rarely breaks one.  He's not that good.  He wanted 17 Mil, was saying he wanted top pay.

Darnold under Gase IMO will play well.  Neither is getting fired in 2 years.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Landry is a 10 yard per WR.  112 for 980 yards isn't a to WR.  He rarely breaks one.  He's not that good.  He wanted 17 Mil, was saying he wanted top pay.

Darnold under Gase IMO will play well.  Neither is getting fired in 2 years.

Landry is a good WR. Period. Done talking about that. 

Darnold under Bowles the last 3 weeks was a top rated passer. It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for Darnold to play well in spite of Gase. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Landry is a good WR. Period. Done talking about that. 

Darnold under Bowles the last 3 weeks was a top rated passer. It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for Darnold to play well in spite of Gase. 

He want good enough at what he was asking for and it's priced out. 

Yes, if Darnold plays well some will say in spite of Gase, who's career says that's pure bs

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He want good enough at what he was asking for and it's priced out. 

Yes, if Darnold plays well some will say in spite of Gase, who's career says that's pure bs

Yes. Definitely priced out. He only makes 15 million a year instead of the 17 you claim he wanted. 

Gase’s career proves nothing other than he does well with good QBs and bad with bad QBs. Darnold looks the part of a good QB. Plenty of good QBs have had great years with bad coaches. 

30 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. Definitely priced out. He only makes 15 million a year instead of the 17 you claim he wanted. 

Gase’s career proves nothing other than he does well with good QBs and bad with bad QBs. Darnold looks the part of a good QB. Plenty of good QBs have had great years with bad coaches. 

One time again.  He wanted 17 Mil.  No one gave it to him.  He settled on 15.  He's overpaid.  

Manning was good.  Has his career, record setting year with Gase.  Cutler played well with Gase, hardly the same.  Gase managed to make Tebow a winner and a 300yd game in Pitt, playoffs.  Not a good QB.  Tannehill had a 4000+ yd, 68 % comp, 2-1 td/int ratio. Another not good QB who made the playoffs.  Only QBs who didn't thrive were Moore and Osweiler?  Almost made the playoffs with Osweiler, beat us.  Not a knock on Gase.  At all

On 1/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, bitonti said:

they were the 30th ranked offense in the NFL

pretty sure even the Jets Jeremy Bates messin with sasquatch offense was ranked higher  

are we supposed to pretend the Dolphins were great? Cause Gase is the coach? 

Yes 

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One time again.  He wanted 17 Mil.  No one gave it to him.  He settled on 15.  He's overpaid.  

Manning was good.  Has his career, record setting year with Gase.  Cutler played well with Gase, hardly the same.  Gase managed to make Tebow a winner and a 300yd game in Pitt, playoffs.  Not a good QB.  Tannehill had a 4000+ yd, 68 % comp, 2-1 td/int ratio. Another not good QB who made the playoffs.  Only QBs who didn't thrive were Moore and Osweiler?  Almost made the playoffs with Osweiler, beat us.  Not a knock on Gase.  At all

Please provide a link to a story that says Landry wanted 17 million. He was never a free agent so who knows what he would have made on the open market. 

Adam Gase has a lot to do in NY to prove me wrong. But now that I know Tebow had a 300 yard passing game, you really changed my mind!

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Please provide a link to a story that says Landry wanted 17 million. He was never a free agent so who knows what he would have made on the open market. 

Adam Gase has a lot to do in NY to prove me wrong. But now that I know Tebow had a 300 yard passing game, you really changed my mind!

Jeez, you are a pain in the ass.  Who cares at this point, he makes 15 and youre spinning over 2 F'n mil?  

Yeah, hang on Tebows one game when the point was clearly the season he had and the success than no one saw coming.  But you hang on to the Pitt game.  Or the equally wrong claim that he only had good QBs play well for him.  Done with this shlt, you can kill a simple discussion and beat the wrong point to death.  

NE playing like crap in the city of Miami goes back way longer than Adam Gase. I hope he can recreate it in NJ, not betting money on it though.
my theory why teams crap the bed in Miami is 1) bad turf dating back to the mud bowl 2) players break curfews
In MIA the weather is nice, the cocaina is super primo (it's the gateway to South America) and week to week life in the NFL is a grind.  the city parties like none other. What's the alternative go to NJ and stay in the Marriott in the Parking lot of the Meadowlands? Curfews get broken in Miami. it's worth the effort.  
The reason Pat's loose in Miami is Brady gets tired out by all the underage Cuban boys he splurges on the day before the game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Jeez, you are a pain in the ass.  Who cares at this point, he makes 15 and youre spinning over 2 F'n mil?  

Yeah, hang on Tebows one game when the point was clearly the season he had and the success than no one saw coming.  But you hang on to the Pitt game.  Or the equally wrong claim that he only had good QBs play well for him.  Done with this shlt, you can kill a simple discussion and beat the wrong point to death.  

So you don’t have a link to a 17 million dollar demand?

There were no perfect options for the Jets this year.

I liked McCarthy as the lowest risk, at least on offense.  But he has had issues with building a coaching staff, game management and modernizing his offense.  He also seemed resistant to Williams.

Gase/Williams/Boyer was the best the Jets were going to do here.  My biggest concern is that they kept the same guy to pick the players.  That is where the biggest problem is.  

23 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Ok then, who would you advocate the Jets SHOULD HAVE hired?

I can pick similar holes in all the candidates. It is a very easy game to do.

I am not getting into this it has been covered to the point of making everyone sick, it very easy to pick holes on a coach esp one that had an easier strength of schedule and a loosing record as a head coach overall, when they could have had a super-bowl winning coach with a winning overall record.  I am just pointing out the fact allot of the fan base has long memories and this coach has to hit the ground running and show improvement and win games.

So what is going to be the defense if this coach flounders? Blame the GM and wash rinse and repeat the cycle, this was the most important hire in recent history and the bottom line is we hired a guy with a loosing record and ex players are criticizing him (I know that unhappy players always do that), but somehow he will get a pass from the half that loved the hire. But let the other half of the fans voice their opinions and we get the above, esp when I did not say anything outlandish did I?

But somehow you want to take that direction

It is all about Sam if the owner feels this is Sam's best chance then so be it. but you need to remember the fans by the tickets and the merchandise.  with this hire he alienated 1/2 the fan base and we are unhappy. What is the easiest way to show you are unhappy with a product you stop watching and don't by the product.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious

22 hours ago, bitonti said:

that's everyone else's fault, not Adam Gase's

he's just an innocent sociopath, saying and doing anything to get one last NFL HC chance before becoming a footnote 

there are reasons and excuses why Gase is a great hire and gonna be awesome 

I just cant think of them right now 

Oh wait. there was that one time Bill Bellichek got fired once, invented a system of institutionalized cheating and then became a success. 

There's literally no connection between Adam Gase and BB but they are both human beings, so anything can happen, amirite! 

Thank you I could not agree more

On 1/28/2019 at 1:21 PM, KRL said:

I wasn't in favor of hiring Gase, but to trash him for MIA offense when his QB's were
Tannehill, Moore, Cutler and Osweiler is ridiculous.  A true measure of his ability to
create an offense will be seen when he has Darnold behind center

Matt Moore was the best of those guys too. Very Pat Ryan like.

18 hours ago, varjet said:

There were no perfect options for the Jets this year.

I liked McCarthy as the lowest risk, at least on offense.  But he has had issues with building a coaching staff, game management and modernizing his offense.  He also seemed resistant to Williams.

Gase/Williams/Boyer was the best the Jets were going to do here.  My biggest concern is that they kept the same guy to pick the players.  That is where the biggest problem is.  

Gase is somewhat of a question mark in my opinion, but I'm quite happy about Boyer & Williams.

The jury is still out on Maccagnan. 

He deserves some credit for pulling the trigger to trade up for Darnold but that's certainly not saying that he's been flawless.

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Gase is somewhat of a question mark in my opinion, but I'm quite happy about Boyer & Williams.

The jury is still out on Maccagnan. 

He deserves some credit for pulling the trigger to trade up for Darnold but that's certainly not saying that he's been flawless.

Mac has been bad and most nfl organizations would have fired him already but we are stuck with him and he has one more shot with the 3rd pick overall and crazy cap space

Archived