Jets carry over $12.2M

nyjbuddy

12 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

100 million to almost make the playoffs and then three straight 5 wins or less seasons. Glad you enjoyed that!

Oh. Well, if he had to waste the money, that makes so much more sense. Tell me, which was your favorite contract he gave out that year? Also, Geno will forever be bad. 

Was there players you were pounding the table for? There is a pretty high likelihood that we will need to shell out stupid contracts this year too. Unfortunately that is kinda what happens when you draft poorly (you aren't resigning your own players with the cap space) and there is a limited pool of FAs.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Eh?  Idzik drafted milliner 9th overall and mcdougall in the 3rd round and dixon in the 6th round.  The players sucked for the most part but he did not ignore them at all.

You apparently don't remember P how bad the corners were and that Miliner never was healthy.  Dixon?  Try the injured Miliner, MWilliams, Antonio Allen, Philip Adams & Darren Walls.

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Was there players you were pounding the table for? There is a pretty high likelihood that we will need to shell out stupid contracts this year too. Unfortunately that is kinda what happens when you draft poorly (you aren't resigning your own players with the cap space) and there is a limited pool of FAs.

Oh I know. I’m just trying to bash Macc at every possible turn. His failure on all fronts is laughable at best. 

21 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

There were six teams who had more cap space unused than the Jets last season.  Amongst those teams were the Steelers, Titans, Colts Texans and 49ers.  The new "face" of the NFL had more than four times the unused cap than our Jets. The Cowboys and Jaguars had nearly as much as we did within 1/2 million dollars. Many of these organizations are perceived to be well run by many here, while the Jets are viewed as a mess.  Yet the "rumor and innuendo" cited as fact by many on this board,  maintain that the Jets ownership is somehow "Cheap"  That these unused funds were being surreptitiously stashed in the pockets of the Johnsons.  What say you now, fabricators of fact, in the face of these figures?

Mac STILL sucks.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He what he spent because Idzik ignored so many positions the year before.  CB for example.  Also the team finished 4 games under .500.  The investment not only fielded a team but a team that won 4 more games and went into week 17 fighting for a playoff spot that in just about any other year they would have qualified for.  

Sorry, I enjoyed having a team compete to the last game, hardly a minimal return given what was on the team

Not to mention that it was spent on contracts he easily got out of quickly. It's not like he went on a Tanny-like spending spree that put us in cap hell 3 years later. I think he was hired with a mandate to be competitive immediately after the two season prior to his arrival and he acted accordingly. 

If you dig up some threads from that off season I'm willing to bet the majority of this board was thrilled with his aggressive off season after the previous 2 years with Idzik. 

Some people just need to bash this team for everything and anything, so quickly and conveniently forgetting what was going on when these moves were made. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Contracts hurt, spell check.  They did nothing to hurt the team.  

Those contracts didn’t hurt the team even though the team hasn’t had a playoff appearance in how long? Really?

6 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Not to mention that it was spent on contracts he easily got out of quickly. It's not like he went on a Tanny-like spending spree that put us in cap hell 3 years later. I think he was hired with a mandate to be competitive immediately after the two season prior to his arrival and he acted accordingly. 

If you dig up some threads from that off season I'm willing to bet the majority of this board was thrilled with his aggressive off season after the previous 2 years with Idzik. 

Some people just need to bash this team for everything and anything, so quickly and conveniently forgetting what was going on when these moves were made. 

He was hired with a mandate to be competitive quickly but 5 years later there’s no mandate at all? And not all of those contracts were escapable. Even so, I’d rather 5 years ago he signed players that would still be here or at least love up to the contract instead of overpaying aging or terrible vets because he could. That’s not a way to do business. 

Archived