If the Giants are dumb enough

Freemanm

Edge Rusher / DE is one of the Top 4 premiere positions in the NFL (QB, LT, CB, Edge) and this Draft has several good ones.  After watching all the franchise tagging that took place at the positions prior to FA the Jets would be stupid not to take advantage of their position at #3 this year where several guys will be available.  The stars have aligned to finally get stud pass rusher.....something they haven't really had since John Abraham.  It's time to draft a QB hunter!

Last year we got the QB.....if there was a LT this year that would be the position to go with.....but here we are with an opportunity.

On 3/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, Freemanm said:

To trade up for Dwayne Haskins, and the Cardinals go with Kyler Murray, do we have no choice but to go with Bosa (arguably the best player in the draft)?

I think you take Bosa unless you get A HAUL. Simple as that. No player is a sure thing in the draft, and that includes Bosa. If Murray and Haskins go 1 and 2 it puts the Jets in a great spot. Unless you get a massive offer you simply take Bosa. If you DO get a massive offer, it would help if one of the draft picks was in the top 10. But every year there are stud prospects and having multiple first rounders next year would be great as well- even if that meant we had to move down to the middle of the first round this year. 

On 3/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, jack48 said:

I just hope that Macc drafts for need.  His BPA philosophy does nthing for a team trying to win while their QB is cheap.  NUmber One will be a desperate need so we are good there.  Number 3 should be OL.

In this case I think you are wrong. The top need right now is C and there is NO WAY I am taking a C at 3. I take Bosa, QW or Allen- or if I get a MASSIVE offer, I move down. Period. 

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

In this case I think you are wrong. The top need right now is C and there is NO WAY I am taking a C at 3. I take Bosa, QW or Allen- or if I get a MASSIVE offer, I move down. Period. 

I meant OUR third pick should be O line.  I can see why you thought differently.  I want the edge rusher in the 1st

On 3/14/2019 at 6:13 PM, Freemanm said:

To trade up for Dwayne Haskins, and the Cardinals go with Kyler Murray, do we have no choice but to go with Bosa (arguably the best player in the draft)?

Giants will never draft a black man as a starting Qb, that's why they kept Eli as a stop gap.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

What gives you that opinion?  Honestly curious.  I haven't heard anything like that.

Let's just see what happens...nfl 70% black don't think giant fan base I know would be all over that...just saying...nothing personal.

29 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Let's just see what happens...nfl 70% black don't think giant fan base I know would be all over that...just saying...nothing personal.

Well they did sign Geno at one point to back up Eli.  That went about as well as we knew it would LOL.  But Haskins looks like a solid prospect.  I find it curious that Gettleman would not even be scouting him as the rumors suggest.  

14 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Giants will never draft a black man as a starting Qb, that's why they kept Eli as a stop gap.

That's obvious why they passed on Sam and co. last year.

The giants in recent years have been very stupid but to throw out silly accusations like this(you must read the daily news) isn't fair.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

That's obvious why they passed on Sam and co. last year.

The giants in recent years have been very stupid but to throw out silly accusations like this(you must read the daily news) isn't fair.

I think we still live in that world, Daily News, lol.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:07 PM, Drums said:

To be honest, I think Gettleman's job is on the line this year so I do in fact think they will take a QB and do what it takes to move up somewhere. 

I was actually thinking about this the other day. He may want to make the biggest splash possible and aggressively going for his QB to sit for a year behind Eli might be a good move.  That said, if he was really on the h9t seat, I wonder if the Mara's would have let him trade Odell away. He could have just taken Sam last year and not had to use Odell's worth to get a QB.  The latter thinking has me thinking they Giants may go after Rosen. They could have him for #17 IMO when the Cards choose Murray. 

On 3/17/2019 at 10:11 PM, nycdan said:

Well they did sign Geno at one point to back up Eli.  That went about as well as we knew it would LOL.  But Haskins looks like a solid prospect.  I find it curious that Gettleman would not even be scouting him as the rumors suggest.  

If I’m the giants I keep both firsts and offer both my thirds for Rosen.  Even if the cardinals say no they still have Eli and can draft a qb next year

Archived