MMQB: ranking the last 3 years QB draft picks

Mine would be something like:

Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, a big gap, Watson, another gap, Trubisky, Murray, Mahomes, Jones.

Haskins/Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen wouldn't even be close.

I'm still pretty confident in that rating, other than the obvious huge wiff on Mahomes.   I'm not entirely sure how he corrected his accuracy issues so fast, but it's been impressive.

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Baker and Sam tied? Nice. People outside of our team, and more importantly, legit scouts think that Sam is still the man.

This has to do with them being rated out of college, it has nothing to do with their nfl play as pros.

It's interesting to look at the weapons each QB had in their 1st years. Darnold by far had the weakest group by the last quarter of the season. 

We were missing 3 offensive lineman, Quincy Enunwa, 2 RBs (Crowell & Powell), handing off to McGuire & Cannon an UDFA, and throwing to a rookie TE! 

Now do this same exercise with Mayfield, Mahomes, Watson. Other than CB next year, our draft should be 90% offensive. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, nico002 said:

Bullsh*t/revisionist history. Almost no one had Mayfield that high 

IMHO, Maccagnan traded up to #3 expecting Mayfield, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had Mayfield rated higher. We like to talk about Darnold's youth as a positive, but Mayfield's two extra years of age and college experience were almost certainly factors in his quick NFL start. He's a great fit for the Browns, who needed the fastest turnaround possible. 

53 minutes ago, slats said:

IMHO, Maccagnan traded up to #3 expecting Mayfield, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had Mayfield rated higher. We like to talk about Darnold's youth as a positive, but Mayfield's two extra years of age and college experience were almost certainly factors in his quick NFL start. He's a great fit for the Browns, who needed the fastest turnaround possible. 

Good post. Macc knew(as did the entire league) that unless Barkley went 1st, he was going to the Giants. That said, he knew he'd have either Mayfield or Darnold.