Injury updates:

NYallDay

I still think the Jets can beat the Browns next week but we really need Mosley.  Browns, from their necks down, are a very talented team but it's headcase city over there. If they keep struggling, the meltdown could be epic!

Would like to have Q as well but would be careful not to rush him back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets lost LB C.J. Mosley in the fourth quarter of their tough 17-16 loss to the Bills on Sunday, but it doesn't seem like they will be for much longer. 

Mosley's groin injury that he sustained in the third quarter doesn't seem to be anything serious, and the Jets expect him to play on Monday, a source told SNY's Ralph Vacchiano.  

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/source-jets-believe-cj-mosley-will-play-monday-vs-browns/310623986

So here's the question.  If it "doesn't seem to be anything serious" how come he couldn't get back into the game for just a series when all the chips were on the table?  Even at 80% and not running full speed his play calls, direction of the D, etc. could have helped.

I'm still doubting whether he plays on MNF.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So here's the question.  If it "doesn't seem to be anything serious" how come he couldn't get back into the game for just a series when all the chips were on the table?  Even at 80% and not running full speed his play calls, direction of the D, etc. could have helped.

I'm still doubting whether he plays on MNF.

Probably because they didn't want to risk aggravating it and having him be out for half the season. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm getting the sense that having him simply stand there and just call the defense but not run would have been better than what we had.

I honestly think the CS thought they had that game in the bag and tried to run the clock out when it was 16-0. They didn't anticipate the Bills being up for it and got wrecked.

• Upvote 2

I feel like for some of you Mosley is becoming the end all be all with regards to this defense.  Sure he got an interception on a tipped ball but whether he plays or not doesn’t determine the fate of the Jets.  The atrocious play at corner and the lack of pass rush should be far more concerning.  Even if Mosley plays, those two deficiencies will be way more damaging.   

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I feel like for some of you Mosley is becoming the end all be all with regards to this defense.  Sure he got an interception on a tipped ball but whether he plays or not doesn’t determine the fate of the Jets.  The atrocious play at corner and the lack of pass rush should be far more concerning.  Even if Mosley plays, those two deficiencies will be way more damaging.   

But what about our GOAT Safety and the breakout season coming from Leo?  What are those 2 up to?

7 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

You're definitely right. But they did noticeably change and get worse after he left... When we start talking about a guy being a "field general" or "coach on the field" it gets dicey because that stuff is so hard to quantify and prove... And I know some people discount it completely, which is fine. 

It sure seems like they need someone to step up and take over that role though... Maybe without Mosley practicing they'll get in a better rhythm and improve the communication across the board when he's out. Maybe they walked into the season relying just a little too much on his leadership and direction out there.