Head Coaching rumors (2019-2020)

jetstream23

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

There isn’t enough patience anymore. You hire a new HC and if he starts 0-2 fans want him fired. It ridiculous! It’s a symptom of 24 hour sports outlets and social media. 

Some of the all time great HCs would never have lasted in this crazy environment we have today.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

The stat about only 8 coaches are from before 2015 is pretty shocking. It makes me feel like we may not be as big of a dumpster fire as some on this board would make it seem.

How so?  Our coach has only been here 1 year and our previous coach was only here from 2015-18.

We're every bit of a dumpster fire as the worst teams in the league.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

There isn’t enough patience anymore. You hire a new HC and if he starts 0-2 fans want him fired. It ridiculous! It’s a symptom of 24 hour sports outlets and social media. 

Its much easier to fire the HC than the QB.  And of course you can't fire Owners.  If you could do that, the likes of Dan Snyder, Stephen Ross, Mike Brown (who is also the GM) and the Johnson's would be long gone.  

My guess is the data would also show GM's don't last much longer than HC's.  

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Two that come to mind off the top of my head.....Lombardi in Green Bay, they wanted him out, and Parcells after his first year, think it was 3-12-1.

Definitely Parcells, he was almost fired after year 1.  I wasn't around for Lombardi but I don't believe he had those issues. GB had 11 straight non winning seasons and won 1 game the year before Lombardi then they went 7-5 his first year.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Definitely Parcells, he was almost fired after year 1.  I wasn't around for Lombardi but I don't believe he had those issues. GB had 11 straight non winning seasons and won 1 game the year before Lombardi then they went 7-5 his first year.

With Lombardi, I think it was more with his tough love style and discipline that the actual win-loss record.

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Two that come to mind off the top of my head.....Lombardi in Green Bay, they wanted him out, and Parcells after his first year, think it was 3-12-1.

Kyle Shanahan's first two seasons as HC of the 49ers....

1166826275_ScreenShot2020-01-06at8_56_49AM.png.8b11a91c5afcbde05a9389e189a3e815.png

What level of patience would Jets fans have for Adam Gase if he followed up this season's 7 win total with something like 4 or 5 next year?  Do you think they'd want to bring him back for a third season (especially given that many don't even want him back for a second season)?

There needs to be some level of patience, especially given the abysmal circumstances of this year's Offensive Line situation, injuries, Sam's Mono, etc.

The 49ers are glad that they exercised some patience with Shanahan (and that they drafted well!).  Joe Douglas is on the clock!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I have been arguing this for years. 

This fanbase would have never gotten to see Kyle Shanahan go 13-3 because they would have run him out of town after the first two seasons and half of the fanbase would have wanted him gone after his first season.