Thursday Night Football Chiefs-Broncos

8 hours ago, New York Mick said:

They have 20 sacks on the season. 

None of them in the first round. 

Again, just find f**king pass rushers.  Whether you need to grab 4 of them in the middle rounds or 1 in the first round.  Your argument was pass rush doesn't even matter.  Now its shifted to it matters, but you can find them outside the 1st.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, just find f**king pass rushers.  Whether you need to grab 4 of them in the middle rounds or 1 in the first round.  Your argument was pass rush doesn't even matter.  Now its shifted to it matters, but you can find them outside the 1st.  

No. My argument was the oline is more important and don’t draft Allen. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

No. My argument was the oline is more important and don’t draft Allen. 

Which was silly, because if the choice is between taking an elite RG and elite EDGE with a top 10 pick, you take the EDGE.  

It's only a reasonable discussion when its EDGE vs Left Tackle.  

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I didn’t think Allen was elite though. 

Probably because its easy to poke holes in pass rushers prior to the draft.  But if he's athletic and productive you have to ignore the noise.  4 sacks, 1 FF, 5 TFL's and 8 QB Hits 6 games into his career and we once again see what a top-end pass rusher can do for a franchise. 

Yes, the Jags are 2-4 but that was against a tough schedule (KC, @ HOU, @ CAR among them) with a rookie late rounder under center and the drama with their # 1 CB.  Allen is almost single-handedly keeping them competitive.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because its easy to poke holes in pass rushers prior to the draft.  But if he's athletic and productive you have to ignore the noise.  4 sacks, 1 FF, 5 TFL's and 8 QB Hits 6 games into his career and we once again see what a top-end pass rusher can do for a franchise. 

Yes, the Jags are 2-4 but that was against a tough schedule (KC, @ HOU, @ CAR among them) with a rookie late rounder under center and the drama with their # 1 CB.  Allen is almost single-handedly keeping them competitive.  

What in the hell are you talking about?

• Haha 1

How a player who isn’t starting, averages 1/2 sack a game and  3 tackles is single handily keeping the team competitive. 

You forgot about the QB hits, and your math is off regarding the sacks. He’s making an impact constantly when he’s on the field. That makes a huge difference in today’s NFL. What’s not to get?

He’s also a rookie. He only stands to get better and get increased snaps.

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which was silly, because if the choice is between taking an elite RG and elite EDGE with a top 10 pick, you take the EDGE.  

It's only a reasonable discussion when its EDGE vs Left Tackle.  

I still say with Darnold here, who already has some questionable mechanics, you prioritize offense even more than normal. Gotta protect the one guy who could shake 50 years of sh*t 

I still say with Darnold here, who already has some questionable mechanics, you prioritize offense even more than normal. Gotta protect the one guy who could shake 50 years of sh*t 

Sure, but you can find quality interior OL in the middle rounds.

Ultimately we should have traded down, even if we were taking 50 cents on the dollar in terms of value. Grab Bradbury or one of the OT’s and use the extra pick(s) gained on the other OL spots.

You forgot about the QB hits, and your math is off regarding the sacks. He’s making an impact constantly when he’s on the field. That makes a huge difference in today’s NFL. What’s not to get?

He’s also a rookie. He only stands to get better and get increased snaps.

We’re watching different games then. 
Sorry .666 on sacks not .5

How a guy who had never seen Allen play before watching him drop three sacks and block a field goal in the bowl game just up and decided to have a hot do not want take and never let it go, ever.

39 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

How a guy who had never seen Allen play before watching him drop three sacks and block a field goal in the bowl game just up and decided to have a hot do not want take and never let it go, ever.

I’m so glad you know what I do. I watch a ton of college football not just bowl games like 3/4 of the board. We’re also talking about what he’s doing in the NFL so it has zero to do with college.