Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
joewilly12

Thursday Night Football Chiefs-Broncos

Recommended Posts

and dont get confused...

KC still has D problems, just like the Eagles...   this all about the OL and QB playing sub-NFL level football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, New York Mick said:

They have 20 sacks on the season. 

None of them in the first round. 

Again, just find f**king pass rushers.  Whether you need to grab 4 of them in the middle rounds or 1 in the first round.  Your argument was pass rush doesn't even matter.  Now its shifted to it matters, but you can find them outside the 1st.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:
This aged like a @T0mShane  Kevin Mawae post.

 

 

 

 

 

Is this the real Barry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yup

Keep up the good work on twitter

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Keep up the good work on twitter

oh - wait - no

I misread and thought you were asking if the tweet was real. I am not the guy on twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, just find f**king pass rushers.  Whether you need to grab 4 of them in the middle rounds or 1 in the first round.  Your argument was pass rush doesn't even matter.  Now its shifted to it matters, but you can find them outside the 1st.  

No. My argument was the oline is more important and don’t draft Allen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

No. My argument was the oline is more important and don’t draft Allen. 

Which was silly, because if the choice is between taking an elite RG and elite EDGE with a top 10 pick, you take the EDGE.  

It's only a reasonable discussion when its EDGE vs Left Tackle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

oh - wait - no

I misread and thought you were asking if the tweet was real. I am not the guy on twitter.

 

Oh, darn.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which was silly, because if the choice is between taking an elite RG and elite EDGE with a top 10 pick, you take the EDGE.  

It's only a reasonable discussion when its EDGE vs Left Tackle.  

I didn’t think Allen was elite though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I didn’t think Allen was elite though. 

Probably because its easy to poke holes in pass rushers prior to the draft.  But if he's athletic and productive you have to ignore the noise.  4 sacks, 1 FF, 5 TFL's and 8 QB Hits 6 games into his career and we once again see what a top-end pass rusher can do for a franchise. 

Yes, the Jags are 2-4 but that was against a tough schedule (KC, @ HOU, @ CAR among them) with a rookie late rounder under center and the drama with their # 1 CB.  Allen is almost single-handedly keeping them competitive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because its easy to poke holes in pass rushers prior to the draft.  But if he's athletic and productive you have to ignore the noise.  4 sacks, 1 FF, 5 TFL's and 8 QB Hits 6 games into his career and we once again see what a top-end pass rusher can do for a franchise. 

Yes, the Jags are 2-4 but that was against a tough schedule (KC, @ HOU, @ CAR among them) with a rookie late rounder under center and the drama with their # 1 CB.  Allen is almost single-handedly keeping them competitive.  

What in the hell are you talking about?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


What part of my post did you not understand?

 

How a player who isn’t starting, averages 1/2 sack a game and  3 tackles is single handily keeping the team competitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m here for the comments on Andy Reid being able to still win with his backup QB and Gase can’t. 

Did we discuss that yet? If not we should go in depth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How a player who isn’t starting, averages 1/2 sack a game and  3 tackles is single handily keeping the team competitive. 


You forgot about the QB hits, and your math is off regarding the sacks. He’s making an impact constantly when he’s on the field. That makes a huge difference in today’s NFL. What’s not to get?

He’s also a rookie. He only stands to get better and get increased snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which was silly, because if the choice is between taking an elite RG and elite EDGE with a top 10 pick, you take the EDGE.  

It's only a reasonable discussion when its EDGE vs Left Tackle.  

I still say with Darnold here, who already has some questionable mechanics, you prioritize offense even more than normal. Gotta protect the one guy who could shake 50 years of sh*t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I still say with Darnold here, who already has some questionable mechanics, you prioritize offense even more than normal. Gotta protect the one guy who could shake 50 years of sh*t 

 

Sure, but you can find quality interior OL in the middle rounds.

 

Ultimately we should have traded down, even if we were taking 50 cents on the dollar in terms of value. Grab Bradbury or one of the OT’s and use the extra pick(s) gained on the other OL spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


You forgot about the QB hits, and your math is off regarding the sacks. He’s making an impact constantly when he’s on the field. That makes a huge difference in today’s NFL. What’s not to get?

He’s also a rookie. He only stands to get better and get increased snaps.

 

We’re watching different games then. 
Sorry .666 on sacks not .5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


You forgot about the QB hits, and your math is off regarding the sacks. He’s making an impact constantly when he’s on the field. That makes a huge difference in today’s NFL. What’s not to get?

 

How a guy who had never seen Allen play before watching him drop three sacks and block a field goal in the bowl game just up and decided to have a hot do not want take and never let it go, ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

How a guy who had never seen Allen play before watching him drop three sacks and block a field goal in the bowl game just up and decided to have a hot do not want take and never let it go, ever.

I’m so glad you know what I do. I watch a ton of college football not just bowl games like 3/4 of the board. We’re also talking about what he’s doing in the NFL so it has zero to do with college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We’re watching different games then. 
Sorry .666 on sacks not .5


Are you watching the games where the Jets never get pressure on QB’s for the last 9 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


Are you watching the games where the Jets never get pressure on QB’s for the last 9 years?

 

Yes I’m also watching the game where the Jets can open holes or protect their QB. Fix the offense first then get a passrusher 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes I’m also watching the game where the Jets can open holes or protect their QB. Fix the offense first then get a passrusher 


So which OL should we have taken at 3? None of the guys taken in the first 17 picks or so are currently starting for their teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


So which OL should we have taken at 3? None of the guys taken in the first 17 picks or so are currently starting for their teams.

 

J Williams is injured so he’s impossible to judge. 
Going by what the rookies have currently done they should of went with Bush then McLaurin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...