Why the Presser? What say you?............JD will say......

Apache 51

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's gonna talk about the Leo trade (and perhaps any other trade(s) he makes pre-deadline) and then say that "they're evaluating everything" regarding Gase, Darnold, etc. without saying anything of significance.

This is standard GM-speak stuff.  Don't expect any fireworks.  

I would think this is accurate, possibleee.

While certainly not a prerequisite to being a good GM, Douglas is most certainly NOT a dynamic speaker.

He'll do his best to convey that the status quo is unacceptable and they'll be working diligently to improve the team going forward..  he has faith in the players on the team and the coaching staff in place...  Mr Johnson is a great owner who wants to win more than anything and is sparing no expense to give us everything we need to try and improve the team..  The Giants are getting a very good player but given the depth we have on the DL (thanks Macc), we saw it as an opportunity that couldn't be passed up...

blah blah blah...

• Sympathy 1

It will go something like this...

"While the season hasnt gone as we expected, I still have confidence in the leadership of this team.  We're going to work hard to give the fans a team they can be proud of for the second half of the season and are going to build for the future in the offseason." blah blah blah and this place will explode and I'm already outraged!!!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

A smart GM would have waited until after the three game winning streak, a bit of a victory lap after we beat down the Dolphins, Giants, and Redskins. 

The timing is therefore certainly curious.  Indicates we are moving more than a few players tomorrow, thus no wins on the horizon.  Jamal wants to go to Dallas.  Robbie could land in multiple places.  Le'Veon would fit comfortably on a dozen playoff rosters.

SAR I

Or just the mandatory mid season press conference

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

It will go something like this...

"While the season hasnt gone as we expected, I still have confidence in the leadership of this team.  We're going to work hard to give the fans a team they can be proud of for the second half of the season and are going to build for the future in the offseason." blah blah blah and this place will explode and I'm already outraged!!!

Then asks if anyone has a napkin and a sharpie he can borrow.