Bad move hiring Tannenbaum

GlennFoley

The problem here is loyalty. If Mangini sucks balls Tannenbaum won't fire him, because they are great friends.

If you think Tannenbaum is calling the shots and not Mangini, you are nuts.

Tannenbaum will be the biggest "figure head" GM in the NFL.

Mangini has full control.

Foley

You attention-wanting whore. I think you post these kinds of topics just for the attention, shock value, playing the devil's advocate, and quite frankly, I blelieve that you don't even stand behind all the topics you start.

You really did deserve the Most Annoying Poster Award.

Foley

You attention-wanting whore. I think you post these kinds of topics just for the attention, shock value, playing the devil's advocate, and quite frankly, I blelieve that you don't even stand behind all the topics you start.

You really did deserve the Most Annoying Poster Award.

TaborJet I think Foley is trying to get that lifetime achievement award- he may have it locked up

Tex as usual your dead on! The Kid does the football end and Mike does the paperwork! Why can't most Jet Fans see beyond winning the Bowl in pre season???:dohslap:

this is why bradway was so high on hiring mike tice. he knew mangini as HC meant the end of his tenure as gm. it also probably why tannenbaum was so focused on hiring mangini - easy promotion.

Tex as usual your dead on! The Kid does the football end and Mike does the paperwork! Why can't most Jet Fans see beyond winning the Bowl in pre season???:dohslap:

I don't think it's as clear cut as that. Why give him the position of GM if he's going to be doing the same thing as before? I really believe Tannenbaum will have a lot to do with personell and I have to be honest...it bothers me.

listen up jet fans.mike tannenbaum is a savy guy with 9 years of experience.as far as evaluating talent he has a lot of good people behind him.we have young coaches on all levels and they will evaluate as a group.so keep the faith rome was not built in a day.if he wants my input the jets should draft lendale white #1 and omar jacobs #2 that should put the jets in the right direction.

I don't think it's as clear cut as that. Why give him the position of GM if he's going to be doing the same thing as before? I really believe Tannenbaum will have a lot to do with personell and I have to be honest...it bothers me.

Old Buddy alot of things bother you!:Cuss: Just as i said when you were concerned about the Dinger Problem,I said don't worry it will be worked out shortly! This Kid will bring the Team 2 steps farther then the Tuna did! A GM is a General Manager and that's what he'll do! Him and the Kid are good friends and were here with the Tuna were they not?:lurk:

I think Tannenbaum will definitely have some input. Figurehead is not the right term. However, I believe he and Mangini will be on the same page with the direction they want to take the franchise.

Troll,

I used the "figure head" comment in jest.

I think you are right on.

Mangini and Tannenbaum will definitely be on the exact same page with all personnel decisions.

If not, one will have to go, and it won't be Mangini.;)

Old Buddy alot of things bother you!:Cuss: Just as i said when you were concerned about the Dinger Problem,I said don't worry it will be worked out shortly! This Kid will bring the Team 2 steps farther then the Tuna did! A GM is a General Manager and that's what he'll do! Him and the Kid are good friends and were here with the Tuna were they not?:lurk:

Tell you what my friend...if this kid brings us to the big game, you and I are going and I'll buy you the ticket...you know I am a man of my words...:lock:

Tell you what my friend...if this kid brings us to the big game, you and I are going and I'll buy you the ticket...you know I am a man of my words...:lock:

That you are old Friend..And the Hotel,drinks and eats are on me! Better then getting the news at Camp Baldy or where ever your Chopper landed Jan 12 1969!!:cheers:

I was still in the A Shau...you know when I got the word the Jets won, they didn't use the term Super Bowl...all I remember is when I got back to camp (two or three days later) one of my team members says "your Jets won the championship"...those were his exact words. 20 ****ing years old...where has the time gone?!

The problem here is loyalty. If Mangini sucks balls Tannenbaum won't fire him, because they are great friends.

WRONG! if tuna had gone to tampa, tanny was going to be his gm there.

dumbway's drafts sucked before jessie kaye became the chief scout. tanny, kaye , and mangini can get the job done , better than dumbway, just by being awake.

Thats it I'm leaving, never posting here again. Until tomorrow that is, then no more after that. Except for when my sister logs in and posts under my name then I'm done. Unless of course any newsworthy item at all presents itself, then I'll surface to find the negative in the story no matter what. And you're all so rude, nothing like my nice friends on ESPN forums. They're so well seasoned and behaved, you all wish you could be like them.

sound like somebody we know?

Archived