We have Company in being Bad/Mediocre

The Dolphins won their third game; The Redskins beat the Panthers; The Bengals were playing everyone close, then they decide to start Dalton against us and beat us. There are many bad/mediocre teams in the NFL and unfortunately we are one of them. Now if you listen to that clown of fans, Joe Benigno he will act like we are unique.  We are not. We are bad, but we have a lot of company.  This is why we have a new GM who has to start building this team from the offensive line out! 

As far as Gase, until we have at least "middle of the pack" talent, its hard to judge him.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5

Just now, rangerous said:

as i recall the jets lost to two expansion teams, ravens and jaguars in the years they were formed.  kind of goes along with them losing to two winless teams in a season.

The Ravens weren’t an expansion team, they were the relocated Cleveland Browns.  The Panthers were the expansion team we lost to. (We beat the expansion Jaguars)

There are not many good teams that's for sure - parity is gone (19 teams are .500 or worse) also it seems many players/teams give up when the game seem out of reach, you can tell it's over, like there should be a mercy rule 

Raven 49r's was the only competitive game on Sunday

other games were close due to mistakes and sloppy play but not watchable 

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Dolphins won their third game; The Redskins beat the Panthers; The Bengals were playing everyone close, then they decide to start Dalton against us and beat us. There are many bad/mediocre teams in the NFL and unfortunately we are one of them. Now if you listen to that clown of fans, Joe Benigno he will act like we are unique.  We are not. We are bad, but we have a lot of company.  This is why we have a new GM who has to start building this team from the offensive line out! 

As far as Gase, until we have at least "middle of the pack" talent, its hard to judge him.

I agree with you except for the part about Gase. He deserves to be judged and harshly. He is a significant reason why we ARE a bad/mediocre team.

3 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

I agree with you except for the part about Gase. He deserves to be judged and harshly. He is a significant reason why we ARE a bad/mediocre team.

I don't think Gase gets the most out of this team due to poor planning and adjusting BUT this team's lack of talent and game changers does IMHO buy Gase a LITTLE slack.  

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Does having company at the bottom of the league make us being horrible better in some way?

Follow-up question:  If you think we never get "middle of road" talent, does that mean Gase gets to stay forever, since he can't be judged till our talent level is > league median?

22 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

My post wasn't meant to be a defense of Gase, it's just too easy to blame the HC when there are so many deficiencies on this team. To me it starts with the offensive line which is beyond pathetic.  

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Does having company at the bottom of the league make us being horrible better in some way?

Follow-up question:  If you think we never get "middle of road" talent, does that mean Gase gets to stay forever, since he can't be judged till our talent level is > league median?

No.   Again, my post wasn't meant to be a defense of Gase.  My point is this team is not good and too many will blame the HC as a cure all.  We have to hope that Douglas is capable of building the Jets up from to offensive line out. It all starts in the trenches and we have to have one of (if not the worst) line in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

No.   Again, my post wasn't meant to be a defense of Gase.  My point is this team is not good and too many will blame the HC as a cure all.  We have to hope that Douglas is capable of building the Jets up from to offensive line out. It all starts in the trenches and we have to have one of (if not the worst) line in the NFL.

Gase and Darnold both have more than their fair share of defenders and white knights in the fanbase.  And they're both completely secure in their jobs for 2020.  I think they'll be fine.

Douglas's first real off-season in pending, so he too will get a pass till after 2020.

We all hope the combined group does something good, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Upvote 1