Apples to Apples (SNF thread)

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Very fair point, but now that they have average QB play the rest of the team looks solid. Their D has always been good but their QB play and supporting cast has been bad.  But good post..... Thanks.

I don't know that I would classify Tyrod Taylor as "bad."   LeSean McCoy, Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Marquise Goodwin, these players have had some success in the league.

• Upvote 1

This board is terrible at comparison.  Josh Allen = Mark Sanchez?  How so?  They could be more different as players.

He's really more of a hybrid of Vince Young and Tim Tebow.  Dont right atrocious but his team is good enough to keep him games and just hold on long enough for him to make one big play.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

This board is terrible at comparison.  Josh Allen = Mark Sanchez?  How so?  They could be more different as players.

He's really more of a hybrid of Vince Young and Tim Tebow.  Dont right atrocious but his team is good enough to keep him games and just hold on long enough for him to make one big play.

The situation is somewhat comparable not the two players themselves. The Bills formula to winning involves Allen limiting his pass attempts. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

The situation is somewhat comparable not the two players themselves. The Bills formula to winning involves Allen limiting his pass attempts. 

Sure but the situations were the same in Denver and Tenn. as they are in Buffalo.  Great D, good run game.  Hence the more accurate comparison of Tebow/Young.  

On 12/16/2019 at 9:20 AM, Jetsbaby93 said:

But your only comparing one side give Allen the weapons and oline Sanchez had. Watching Allen in the ravens game and steelers game if he had one receiver 6'1 6'2 some of those bad throws would have been caught

I am giving Allen all that.  His ceiling is Sanchez-esque.  If he cuts down on turnovers, he will be a bit better. But if you think his ceiling is more Pat Mahomes or Lamar Jackson, I think you will find that thinking will be incorrect.

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I am giving Allen all that.  His ceiling is Sanchez-esque.  If he cuts down on turnovers, he will be a bit better. But if you think his ceiling is more Pat Mahomes or Lamar Jackson, I think you will find that thinking will be incorrect.

No that is top tier status. I could see Josh Allen as a above average qb teetering on top 10

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Allen has as strong an arm as anybody and his mobility is excellent.  Maybe not a pinball like Jackson, but certainly among the tops for QBs.  He has already reached, Sanchez-esque.  I fully see not thinking he will take the next step, but no matter how unlikely, his ceiling is much higher.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:57 AM, The Crusher said:

That’s all true and well put but can’t deny Allen did have a couple of those head scratching laughing the ball 4 feet over a wide open receivers head throws yesterday. That in itself is Sanchez like. But yes, Sanchez came into a very  well built team with an offensive line that was loaded with couple first rounders and couple older vets that had some smart solid football left in them. 

When I’m all alone and the bottle is empty I can’t help but think what Sammy would have done in that same line up. 

Sam in place of Sanchez on the '09/'10 Jets is major boner pants. 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Allen has as strong an arm as anybody and his mobility is excellent.  Maybe not a pinball like Jackson, but certainly among the tops for QBs.  He has already reached, Sanchez-esque.  I fully see not thinking he will take the next step, but no matter how unlikely, his ceiling is much higher.

2 hours ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

No that is top tier status. I could see Josh Allen as a above average qb teetering on top 10

I guess we will see.  I do not see what both of you are seeing, but that doesn't mean I am right.

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I guess we will see.  I do not see what both of you are seeing, but that doesn't mean I am right.

I don't know that we will ever see.  IMO, Allen's ceiling is all time great.  The accuracy is a concern that probably will never be corrected enough to even sniff that level.  His floor was also pretty low, but I think he has surpassed that already.

Ceiling on draft day isn't really something that takes time to determine.  Obviously, they can be debated, or we can be wrong about them, but floor and ceiling are there from day 1. 

This reminds me of when the Giants drafted Flowers and I told my cousin the Giants fan that I thought he was a reach.  He kept telling me time will tell.  Time doesn't tell if he was a reach.  He was a reach on draft day, but still a first round pick. If he turned out a decent player it wouldn't be a shock, but he was still a reach at 9.  There were obviously more than 10 better players in that draft.  It didn't take until they cut him to determine he was a reach.