Bowl Game - Iowa USC (Draft Prospects)

JTJet

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Anyone watching the game? AJ Espeneza can come play for the Jets any time. Man is a beast. 

Some possible Jets targets in this game: 

- AJ Espeneza 

- Tristan Wirfs

- Michael Pittman Jr 

Austin Jackson

Whoever the 18 year old pass rushing line men is.... 

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@HawkeyeJet if we are drafting at #10, the QBs, the big name WRs, the CB, Chase Young and Andrew Thomas are off the board.... Who would YOU pick between Wirfs and Epeneza? 

For this New York Jets team?  Wirfs.  All things equal I think Epenesa is the better player.  I think Epenesa is JJ Watt-ish   

• Upvote 2

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Seems like #10 is pretty high for a RT, no?

or do you think he could switch over to the left?

I do think he could play LT.  I don't think he'd be a high level NFL LT and thus not worth taking at 10 if that was the intent.

I personally do not believe 10 is too high for a RT.  I don't think there is a huge difference in value between LT and RT in modern football.  Pass rushers line up everywhere and are not anchored to one side.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

For this New York Jets team?  Wirfs.  All things equal I think Epenesa is the better player.  I think Epenesa is JJ Watt-ish   

As good as Epenesa might be I'd completely lose it if we drafted him.....I'm talking Creedmoor level lose it. Wirfs looks like a total stud but I'll still watch some more. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I would not be upset at all if we selected Espeneza. Looks real deal to me. This is the first time I've seen him play other than highlights. 

1 minute ago, RobR said:

As good as Epenesa might be I'd completely lose it if we drafted him.....I'm talking Creedmoor level lose it. Wirfs looks like a total stud but I'll still watch some more. 

At the very least legit pass rusher is a need for this team.  Tough to believe there would not be a WR or olineman of close value there for us though.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I would not be upset at all if we selected Espeneza. Looks real deal to me. This is the first time I've seen him play other than highlights. 

D line? Lol you guys crack me up. Sure!! He might be another Quinnen in the NFL! Yay!

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I do think he could play LT.  I don't think he'd be a high level NFL LT and thus not worth taking at 10 if that was the intent.

I personally do not believe 10 is too high for a RT.  I don't think there is a huge difference in value between LT and RT in modern football.  Pass rushers line up everywhere and are not anchored to one side.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Not for me if they're that good.

Between Shell, Edoga, and Beechum (if retained and switched over) I would hope that we wouldn’t add to the log jam at RT and would draft a legit LT prospect. 

Austin Jackson has looked decent tonight, save the Epenesa sack where he just STOOD there.  With coaching he could be the best LT in this class. 

I just hope we double dip at OT after signing an OT in FA, just to make sure the position is settled. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If you can guarantee yourself Jackson in the 2nd then I definitely take Epenesa in the first. The dude’s style reminds me of Jordan Jenkins except he’s heavier and more athletic.

but since you can’t guarantee yourself Austin Jackson in the second then the pick has to be Wirfs if he’s there.

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I just hope we double dip at OT after signing an OT in FA, just to make sure the position is settled. 

I'm on record that we need to draft two Olineman(regardless of position) and two WR's with our first four picks. No more defense.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

If you can guarantee yourself Jackson in the 2nd then I definitely take Epenesa in the first. The dude’s style reminds me of Jordan Jenkins except he’s heavier and more athletic.

but since you can’t guarantee yourself Austin Jackson in the second then the pick has to be Wirfs if he’s there.

Epenesa looks great but I'm not sure how ell he tests? It will be good...but I don't think it will be great. 

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm on record that we need to draft two Olineman(regardless of position) and two WR's with our first four picks. No more defense.

The only defender I'd draft would be a solid cover corner. Don't touch Dline this year. We good there.

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Epenesa looks great but I'm not sure how ell he tests? It will be good...but I don't think it will be great. 

The red flag with him is gonna be in his flexibility. I think he’ll put up explosion and power stats that are perfectly fine but his bend will be the variable that can break him as a prospect.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The red flag with him is gonna be in his flexibility. I think he’ll put up explosion and power stats that are perfectly fine but his bend will be the variable that can break him as a prospect.

Absolutely