Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

On 1/28/2020 at 9:31 AM, Stark said:

I don't know if that is correct. I did not cast a vote yesterday because i was hoping to see why nolder went MIA. he's back this morning and still working on some narrative building and using my words as his reason for playing situations the way he has/did. 

After reading him this morning he says you are scummy because you will only probably vote CTM or SPoot today, but he literally said in a post before that he has a scum team of "stark and 80"

Nolder lied about PR/Spoot he's never built the case on 80 that he said he would, yet he has 80 as scum with me. 

VOTE NOLDER

To reiterate, I just find it hard to believe Stark would go so hard after Nolder if Spoot is his teammate.  Or Nolder too, for that matter.

I mean, what happens if/when Nolder flips what I would assume to be VT?  All of a sudden Spoot becomes a stronger candidate.  Makes little sense.  

Again, really not willing to vote Spoot or Nolder today.  

Just now, Verbal said:

I want to see every Stark reads list and see who he refused to take a stance on.

I'm not telling anybody to do this for me, btw, just stating it.  I have a couple of meetings and then I'll be back and will look myself.

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

I want to see every Stark reads list and see who he refused to take a stance on.

Well on at least one he refused to take a stance on CTM.  I haven't seen any other "big lists" from him in my re-read, unless I missed something.

He tunneled on Nolder very hard, on multiple occasions.  Even though no one was joining him.  

20 hours ago, CTM said:

I think it's fair to consolidate, but the bolded is bothering me. You are essentially saying that you voted me in anticipation of crusher voting me. I understand you clarified a bit in the next sentence but it sounds an awful lot like something scum would think about which townies they could get lynched,.

This post comes off as so wishy washy.  I think CTM does this fairly often though regardless of alignment.  But it still stuck out.  

20 hours ago, CTM said:

willing to vote: Nolder, 80 crusher..

Feel better about spoot, still good on verbal, stark ok too

We are 2 hours from deadline, i will be in and out of meetings. 

vote 80

80's play has been the most questionable of late whereas day 1 I thought he was townish

Don't recall what made CTM add Nolder to his list.  I guess the whole "confirmation bias" post?   He kind of explains it in the next post, I guess.  But seems like a flimsy reason to suddenly put him in his top 3.

20 hours ago, CTM said:

I mean it's good practice for playing as scum i suppose, or maybe you are scum and thus need to approach it in this build a case on a conclusion I already made approach

20 hours ago, Stark said:

look up 3 posts... Nolder has had the game "solved" since i voted him. Me and 80 are scum. he won't give a reason on 80, has avoided it since friday. then he commented the above calling it scummy.

i quoted both statements that applied. fair enough that i didn't go BOLD that part of the text from 80 but nolder clearly avoided acknowledging the part where 80 said the closest to town is stark. like that wasn't even there. 

if I am the only one that seems to have a problem with the way nolder has played the game so far then I guess that's on me. I don't need to recap the whole situation as it has been posted about plenty.

Stark tripling down on Nolder.  

20 hours ago, Nolder said:

I can't tAke it anymore. I was holding off just on the off chance i could hammer 80 but idc anymore. Even if I'm the only one voting him I am willing to die on this hill.

Vote Stark

Nolder not having any of that sh*t.  Detective Pikachu redeemed himself.

19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The point is, you are cherry-picking me on that train to call out as scummy for being there, only because that's already your narrative.

You even mention Stark (who your best town read) being on that train, and yet don't throw shade at him for it.

Fair.  

19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Nolder bolded that part because, clearly, that's the part of 80's post he was calling scummy.

Now you're trying to twist it to make it look like Nolder contradicted himself.

No, I can definitely see why you would be frustrated with him. I would be, too, if I already hadn't seen some things from him in previous games.

But when I see you deliberately lying and misinterpreting posts to twist them around, that's the sh*t that makes you look scummy.

18 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm willing to vote Stark for consolidation to avoid random.

unvote

vote Stark

Pretty good progression here for Spoot in voting Stark at the deadline.  This doesn't read to me as a bus vote.

19 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I have a weird feeling that the main players in this discussion are all town.  We all sound the same and I can see little bits of annoyance creeping into posts and we're starting to circle each other.

Nolder can probably back me up here, but long ago on DM we had a habit of scum hunting late in games based on who flipped scum read as neutral (or no read at all).  Not for nothing, but this is where I'm going to look into for today.

I'm not sure I agree but fwiw what he's saying about DM is true.

18 hours ago, Verbal said:

Actually, I've liked both Stark and CTM, have said as much, and have also tried to steer the lynch away from Stark multiple times.

If I'm wrong and Stark is scum, shame on me....but I was clearing as best I could at the time without any other info.

If CTM is the other scum, Verbal gets scum MVP.  lol. 

At this stage I'm leaning CTM over Verbal.  

20 minutes ago, Verbal said:

OMG if you're scum hunting with reps, please do us a favor and go dodge some traffic.

FFS am I not allowed to collect as much potential info as possible? 

At least 75 % of the stuff I posted in my re-read is probably meaningless.  So what?  It's worthwhile to note everything that even remotely stands out.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FFS am I not allowed to collect as much info as possible?

It's very unreliable. People rep at different times and often for different reasons. 

I've always felt like maybe we should have a talk or a rule about not giving any rep after dying or whatever but it's not been an issue yet so I didn't say anything.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Nolder can probably back me up here, but long ago on DM we had a habit of scum hunting late in games based on who flipped scum read as neutral (or no read at all).  Not for nothing, but this is where I'm going to look into for today.

Very good place to start.

We need a lot more content from CTM, that's for sure.  I'm of course willing to give him latitude for having a busy last several days.  But if we end up against a deadline again and he hasn't posted anything helpful, that's where I'll likely land.

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

It's very unreliable. People rep at different times and often for different reasons. 

Sure.  I'll of course grant that its probably the least valuable observation from my re-read.  But I still felt it was worth pointing out.  I'm not using it to build a case around.

So wait who's alive?

Me, 80, Verbal, CTM and Spoot? And that's it?

I think this game is over tbh. 

I am really doubting I'll be voting 80 at this point so if it's not Verbal it's gotta be CTM right?

I mean 80 has made some solid points about what Stark would or wouldn't do if Spoot was his partner.

I'm definitely not seeing that as a possibility.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Verbal was voting Spoot when he said this.  Again he made a hardline stance.  

The only player not making hardline stances at this point in the game was CTM.  

In general, townies are more likely to take a hardline stance than scum as the latter are too afraid to stick their neck out and the former usually feel more relaxed.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If CTM is the other scum, Verbal gets scum MVP.  lol. 

At this stage I'm leaning CTM over Verbal.  

I'm prob scum MVP already, it's ok.  I'll own it - I have sucked thus far in this game for sure.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

So wait who's alive?

Me, 80, Verbal, CTM and Spoot? And that's it?

I think this game is over tbh. 

I am really doubting I'll be voting 80 at this point so if it's not Verbal it's gotta be CTM right?

I mean 80 has made some solid points about what Stark would or wouldn't do if Spoot was his partner.

I'm definitely not seeing that as a possibility.

If the results of my research point to CTM (for me, at least), then I don't care if you need to lynch me first to get there.  If I really don't think CTM is scum after I'm done, then I might put up more of a fight, but we'll see.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2020 at 10:28 AM, CTM said:

I like my crusher vote. This reeks of trying to appear confused / helpful townie. 

80 taking it as a goof I agree 100% with. I find it odd given when it occured and who made it to have any other reaction than nolderp derping. Crusher did try and play it off initially but the quick 180 to asking the mod was gross, like one of those vegan meatballs hes been stuffing ilhis fat face with since new year.

Lk and stark are # 2 and #3 for reactions that seemed odd to me but both are more inline with thier meta, stark took it serious right away which is pingy, he takes everything seriously historically so it dilutes the ping a bit. Still the babe in the woods routine isnt sitting well. 

Lk's omg this is so crazy it might actually work almost seemed envious of the crazy, which fits his meta but still weird again for taking it at face value. Big part of me thinks he'd be less trusting of the info if town, normally a bit paranoid that one.

Top 3 - crusher, stark, lk

Consider yourselves fos'd

He doesn't really say much here, but mentions Stark and puts him in his top 3 for scum

On 1/21/2020 at 12:49 PM, Stark said:

okay, fos'd

I read Crushers "hey lee is spoot confirmed" comment as completed being facetious and condescending. I didn't take it as him being serious. Feels like you're reaching a bit... or stoned 

Literally the ONLY time this game a direct "case" was made between them.  And it was a flimsy FOS.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, CTM said:

Unvote

Spoot following rip van tinkle around is concerning, also dont like his crusher unvote reasoning. Seems like an excuse using a well known narrative 

Can never read jc but like when he plays as his mind works much different than mine

Not interested in 80 atm as he's active in a slow game

Going with verbal for now based primarily on low activity 

Still think crusher is best bet, or spoot..

@Nolder if you are messing around with spoot  claim - the  time to come clean is now, you said earlier people need to be nailed down with rational and vaguery is good for scum.. so let's hear yours .. are you messing around and if not, why spoot 

Now he gives a reads list and completely leaves off Stark.....after he was in his top 3 before.  I get progression, but no mention at all?  Weird.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:24 AM, Stark said:

damn.... i feel the same way as CTM

I am not a fan of the way spoot and nolder are seemingly connected so much already. Nolder confirming Spoot... Spoot and nolder following on votes. 

@Nolder if your just trying to power play this, it would be best to admit you're full of sh*t. At this point in the game based on the voting and play spoot appears to be the more likely scum to me of the game. 

Mentions CTM but does not directly address

On 1/23/2020 at 3:31 PM, CTM said:

I like this case and willing to punt on nolderp for now. We need dead bodies and active players 

Unvote

Vote verbal

On 1/23/2020 at 3:44 PM, Stark said:

agree

2 above are pretty much the only other interaction they've had all game, and it was basically nothing

On 1/25/2020 at 9:49 AM, CTM said:

ya mr serious, i think most thought it was likely that nolderp was nolderping but why press the issue early on day 1 particularly when nolder wasn't cooperating and has significant meta of not being cooperative

CTM is the only one sometimes quoting Stark, but says nothing to do with him, only other players.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:00 AM, CTM said:

Upon re read I feel best about verbal. 80 and Nolder in next group as likely town. Crusher to me most scummy. Stark and Spoot I'm getting mixed signals so I'll say neutral for now.

vote crusher

The dreaded 'neutral' read after going from top 3 for scum to not mentioned at all.  Hmm.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, Stark said:

I thought he was too at first. It doesn’t do any good for someone to “clear” a player on D1. That puts us at a disadvantage from the jump. 

Again, quoting CTM to say something about another player.  They DO NOT DIRECTLY CONVERSE at each other at all this game.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:10 AM, Stark said:

recap from the weekend. 

Crusher - slight scum. his initial questioning about spoot seemed like a sarcastic comment in the game. as it has progressed and other players are questioning him on it, he has said he was serious because he didn't want to go back and read the opening post in the game. the way Crush has handled the questions is coming off as all jokes which has my attention.  

Verbal - town. not a lot of content but i haven't felt like anything he's said has pinged.

CTM - neutral. 

80 - leaning scum. not opening the game with verb vote. has made comments about how epic he plays as scum. this would be 80 to try to pound his chest and claim he's a great scum player while being scum. the pause i have is his similar read of spoot. 

Nolder - leaning scum. The end of D1 and the whole spoot thing is not sitting well with me. His OMGUS claim of me and 80 being scum because we voted him. and the way that once D2 started he says he was trying to set a trap, which would make you think he's gotta be a DOC if he's trying to draw an NK as he's said or he was a day cop. apparently neither are true. 

Spoot - tough one. I see a bit of cleverness to his game so far. I read him as scum early and even through the nolder claim. Today (D2) i have slightly leaned towards neutral based on his posts over the weekend and this morning. I am not clearing him in my mind, based on the posts since the random lynch debacle. 

As of right now this is what i see. scum to town in order

80, nolder, crush, spoot, CTM, Verb

Yeah, 80 pointed this out already, I'm just keeping it here for the sake of completion.

22 hours ago, CTM said:

willing to vote: Nolder, 80 crusher..

Feel better about spoot, still good on verbal, stark ok too

We are 2 hours from deadline, i will be in and out of meetings. 

vote 80

80's play has been the most questionable of late whereas day 1 I thought he was townish

Top 3 scum, no mention, neutral, now ok.  Normally I'd call that progression, but CTM does not interact with Stark at all, and when they quote each other, it's to talk about somebody else.

CTM not around? 

If he plays the oh my bad card again...

Random note from recent.

• Upvote 1

And that's it.  They don't interact with each other (a serious flaw in mine & Leelou's scum partnering that we've been lynched for), and they don't have actual reads on each other.

The fact that they both put each other at neutral is what does it for me.  Any other read is super vague (i.e. "ok, too) or not mentioned when assessing the roster.

If I named the actual scum team as my 2 top town reads, somebody slap me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I thought I mentioned this, as town my meta on you is more helpful and accommodating whereas you are more flagrant and confrontational as scum imo.

You're gonna need to address the huge multiquote post I made and the posts surrounding it.  Good luck.

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

You're gonna need to address the huge multiquote post I made and the posts surrounding it.  Good luck.

I don't have time right now and haven't been following the game since the catchup yesterday,. I'm VT so i'm as good a lynch candidate as any assuming we have numbers

Not going to bother reading if 80 is tunneling nor can I even place an educated vote since I didn't read starks lynch. Not sure what to do as I don't want to hold the game up, realistically I'm not going to be able to give this game proper attention till tomorrow afternoon.