Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

@Jetsfan80 @Spoot-Face @Verbal

So here's the thing. I obviously prefer a Verbal lynch today. CTM seems convinced he's getting lynched and doesn't want to put in the effort to defend since he's busy and it's not worth it to him. Which is fair enough I'd be like FU guys too you know, although it doesn't earn him any townie points that's for sure. If we were to lynch CTM today and he flipped town the next day is going to be very intense. First of all because a townie CTM makes 80 look bad again and what little trust he's earned would be gone again in my view. Secondly I'm not really super townie on Spoot. I mean he's in the town category by POE but his town level in my eyes is like 35-40% so I'm not even really 50/50 on him. And then what if someone claims cop? Can we believe it at this point? Has everyone even claimed because I haven't kept track at all. Would Leelou just give us a vanilla game with 1 doc? Maybe. I don't know. 

Here's a thought. Would it be worth it to give up our mislynch and give scum a free kill by no lynching? We loose the wiggle room we have (didn't really earn it tbh) but we gain further clarity by someone being removed from the suspect pool. I'd like the three of you to weigh in on this if you don't mind.

6 minutes ago, Nolder said:

First of all because a townie CTM makes 80 look bad again and what little trust he's earned would be gone again in my view.

lol what?  You've been getting sh*t wrong all game, but I would get flack for getting this one wrong?  If we lynch CTM and its wrong, Verbal becomes the top candidate for me tomorrow.  It's pretty simple.  

Obviously if scum left me alive I'd be a candidate, because any of the final 3 would have to be candidates by then.  But this idea that potentially whiffing on CTM would be damning is just plain silly.  

8 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Would Leelou just give us a vanilla game with 1 doc? Maybe. I don't know. 

I don't think there's a cop.  If there was, I think he would have been outed or killed by now.  

It would also further establish that we're likely only dealing with a 2-scum team.  22.2 % ratio of scum:town, where town only has a Doc and a bunch of VT's, makes sense to me.

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  You've been getting sh*t wrong all game,

What did I get wrong? Name one thing.

but I would get flack for getting this one wrong? 

I didn't say you would get flak. I don't know how the others feel.

I know that if CTM flipped town I would become more suspicious of you again and feel like maybe my initial instincts were right after all and that you've just been playing a good second half. I would have a lot of doubt is what I'm saying.

If we lynch CTM and its wrong, Verbal becomes the top candidate for me tomorrow.  It's pretty simple. 

Ok. I was talking about me. The only thing I really wanted from you was how you felt about a no lynch.

Obviously if scum left me alive I'd be a candidate, because any of the final 3 would have to be candidates by then.  But this idea that potentially whiffing on CTM would be damning is just plain silly.  

Not from my point of view. I would basically go back to square one with this game. 

Maybe others have a clearer picture of who's scum and it wouldn't effect them.

That's fine. Again, I was just talking about me.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No.  Because we don't gain an extra mislynch/day with that strategy.  Unless of course we no lynched 2 days in a row.  

I don't understand. The point would be to thin the suspect pool not gain a mislynch. Also I guess no lynching twice is an option (if scum is willing to take it, they might not be) but I was just talking about going into a final 4 endgame not a 3 way.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't think there's a cop.  If there was, I think he would have been outed or killed by now.  

It would also further establish that we're likely only dealing with a 2-scum team.  22.2 % ratio of scum:town, where town only has a Doc and a bunch of VT's, makes sense to me.

Do you think we should massclaim and get the possibility out of the way?

I think we should.

12 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I don't understand. The point would be to thin the suspect pool not gain a mislynch. Also I guess no lynching twice is an option (if scum is willing to take it, they might not be) but I was just talking about going into a final 4 endgame not a 3 way.

Creating a scenario where we need 3/4 votes to lynch sounds good in theory.  But given we've had 2 randoms so far, that would be dangerous.

16 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Not from my point of view. I would basically go back to square one with this game. 

Maybe others have a clearer picture of who's scum and it wouldn't effect them.

That's fine. Again, I was just talking about me.

Of course we'd go back to square one.  But the same is true if we lynch Verbal (who as stated is my # 2) and get it wrong.  I didn't get why lynching CTM specifically and getting it wrong would be a problem, other than the fact that we wouldn't have been on the same page about who to lynch today.  

54 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Secondly I'm not really super townie on Spoot. I mean he's in the town category by POE but his town level in my eyes is like 35-40% so I'm not even really 50/50 on him.

My additional thought on Spoot, beyond what I got from my re-read:  I think scum might have kept both you and Spoot alive to this point because of the WIFOM from D1.  

They might not have a choice tonight.  You would make the most sense from a NK standpoint.  

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

@Jetsfan80 @Spoot-Face @Verbal

So here's the thing. I obviously prefer a Verbal lynch today. CTM seems convinced he's getting lynched and doesn't want to put in the effort to defend since he's busy and it's not worth it to him. Which is fair enough I'd be like FU guys too you know, although it doesn't earn him any townie points that's for sure. If we were to lynch CTM today and he flipped town the next day is going to be very intense. First of all because a townie CTM makes 80 look bad again and what little trust he's earned would be gone again in my view. Secondly I'm not really super townie on Spoot. I mean he's in the town category by POE but his town level in my eyes is like 35-40% so I'm not even really 50/50 on him. And then what if someone claims cop? Can we believe it at this point? Has everyone even claimed because I haven't kept track at all. Would Leelou just give us a vanilla game with 1 doc? Maybe. I don't know. 

Here's a thought. Would it be worth it to give up our mislynch and give scum a free kill by no lynching? We loose the wiggle room we have (didn't really earn it tbh) but we gain further clarity by someone being removed from the suspect pool. I'd like the three of you to weigh in on this if you don't mind.

I'm struggling with whether CTM's attitude is AtE or not.  He and Stark don't interact all game, put each other neutral (when they even bother to read one another), and it just feels wrong.

That said, I've been colossally wrong this game already, so there's that.

I'm VT - if I need to be the lynch today, I'm fine with that.  Townie CTM is better than townie Verbal, it's just that I'm not really sure he's town based on what I've already shown.

I don't think we're uncovering any new info at this point, so I'll go with the flow here.  Kill me or kill CTM, that's the only way we'll get a majority.

Re: no lynch, I usually hate it, and still do.  It buys us another day or literally the same as today.  No way scum NK the major suspects, so it won't help.

Actually, I'm surprised you're not using meta on me to see I'm town.  @Nynaeve would be all over this thread defending me (while calling me an idiot for defending Stark, of course).  I feel like I've been pretty on with my town meta and not my scum meta this game, but that's all BS anyway so no big deal.

35 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I'm struggling with whether CTM's attitude is AtE or not. 

That's what I'm banking on, but it would admittedly be a pretty weak move out of CTM.  If he's scum it would have been better if he just stayed silent until he could post more rather than go that route.  

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No.  Because we don't gain an extra mislynch/day with that strategy.  Unless of course we no lynched 2 days in a row.  

^This.

I'm not in favor of no lynch. We're cutting it close. We need to lynch scum.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't think there's a cop either. If so, it's the worst cop I've ever seen. I mean, if there's anytime we could use some investigation reports it's now.

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

Do you think we should massclaim and get the possibility out of the way?

I think we should.

I'm VT.

• Upvote 1

The thing about CTM is, I don't think he makes up excuses to dodge the game as either alignment, so I think he's legitimately busy.

The longer we sit here, the more I think -- gun to my head -- CTM isn't scum.

I'd like to give him until tonight to present a case.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

The thing about CTM is, I don't think he makes up excuses to dodge the game as either alignment, so I think he's legitimately busy.

What's your explanation for how he and Stark never really read each other while posting lists of reading the entire roster?

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Who are your top 2 at this moment?