Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just wanted to point this out, since Crusher was doing an awful lot of chest-pounding in the wake of Stark's flip.  He had you fooled too, at least for a bit!  

Good heavens you have no feel for gamesmanship. My fat souls weeps for you. It’s not how you start son, it’s how you finish. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 1/21/2020 at 5:47 PM, CTM said:

I am fatfoosa, You and spoot can both be scummy, not mutually exclusive

Here CTM lists Spoot as one of his top-2 for scummiest players.  Early he said he wasn't willing to vote Spoot, and preferred to let that situation play out.  This is a little contradictory....

On 1/21/2020 at 5:18 PM, Leelou said:

VC - 5 for majority

80 (3)- Lizzie, Verb, spoot 

verb (2): 80, nol 

Spoot (2): Stark, crush

crushlove (1): CTM

On 1/21/2020 at 7:28 PM, Jetscode1 said:

UGH...I guess I'll honor that last post...not much action in the entire thread.

Vote Verbal

Come and play, you scum.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:13 AM, Nolder said:

Verbal will be with you shortly.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:13 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

F*ckin hell we were so close to the blind speedlynch too.

Nolder is the new CTM.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:47 AM, Leelou said:

VC - 5 for majority

verb (3): 80, nol, JC

80 (2)- Lizzie, Verb 

Spoot (2): Stark, crush

crushlove (2): CTM, spoot

On 1/22/2020 at 9:44 AM, Nolder said:

Unvote

I could lynch any one of: Crush, Lizzie, Stark, Verbal, 80.

It's early so I'm not picky about which one.

This is where the speedlynch train on Verbal died.  Nothing really to glean here I suppose but just pointing it out...

On 1/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, CTM said:

Going with verbal for now based primarily on low activity 

Still think crusher is best bet, or spoot..

Verbal was no longer a viable train at this point.  CTM goes outside of his top-2 for the sake of lynching a low activity player who was in fact participating at this particular stage of the game?  Scummy look here for CTM.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:42 PM, CTM said:

Lolomgus

Plus you are saying you baited them and then voting them for not buying what you are selling.

I dont know what to do with you, on the surface its senseless to lynch a pr claim but you are being needlessly difficult 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, CTM said:

I dont find anything wrong with this line of thought. 

Its translating it to action I'm stumbling on, gun to my head nolderp isnt a pr.. but why risk it ?

Back to back townie posts out of CTM.

On 1/23/2020 at 3:31 PM, CTM said:

I like this case and willing to punt on nolderp for now. We need dead bodies and active players 

Unvote

Vote verbal

CTM doubles down on Verbal here.  At this point this vote makes sense given the nearness of the deadline and Verbal's newest disappearance.  

On 1/23/2020 at 4:05 PM, CTM said:

Honestly i just went with least posts. Plus the blind lynch verbal meme is always a good time. Not sure why he signs up and then doesn't play, maybe he likes being early game cannon fodder. Or, likes to show up post deadline to have a hissy fit and slap 80 all around his ass and man breasts

re: JC can't read him at all, always seems like scum to me. Every game. 

Another townie post from CTM.

Starting to move towards Verbal at this stage.  That would be disappointing if Verbal was just scum-in-hiding.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:52 PM, Stark said:

2 low post count players and deadline looming. I voted Nolder to see his and the games reaction to see if it helped clear up he and his spoot claim. 

At this point with 45 min left I am willing to move to JC. Verb has games where he doesn't post much IIRC. JC not questioning/commenting either, just 2 votes for Verb looking back.

UNVOTE

VOTE JC

Woah.  Stark shows a willingness to vote for JC for lack of activity, but NOT Verbal for a BS reason.  And at the time of this post, both JC and Verbal had 2 votes apiece.

HUGE defense of a teammate here, potentially.  Stark had played a strong scum game to this point, but this may have been a really big slip.  

On 1/23/2020 at 4:56 PM, Verbal said:

You do remember correctly.  I used to post in the top half of games, but those days are gone.  Now I'm here for the lulz and shooting 80 in his face, which always are the same thing.

My apologies for forgetting about the game, I'll be more attentive now that I had a panic moment and then rushed to the site as I remembered I was in the game, lol.

Verbal's response to Stark's post.  Not sure what to make of it but there it is....

On 1/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, Verbal said:

I have to coach my daughter's basketball team at 6pm, so I'm leaving work in a few minutes.  If the DL is 5:30, I'll be in my car at the time.

I'm not moving my vote, but I'll pop on after practice via phone to see what the deal is.  I could potentially move to JC as while he might be a little more active than me (not much), he's being lazy and lazy is scummy.

Pot.  Kettle.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:11 PM, CTM said:

the interaction between these two is nonsensical. I hope they both die tonight.

Nolder expresses doubt due to Spoot not following him around after "supposedly clearing him" and now spoot says oh ya lol, twas just a twap, you passed tho.. we're bff's again xoxox lolol..   

I can't even say it's scummy, just bizarre

This makes sense in hindsight.  Spoot-Nolder reads like town on town violence now.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:01 AM, Verbal said:

So Stark is town, that's cool.

I still can't wrap my head around this part of Verbal's play though.  His views on Stark matched mine.  Could Stark and Verbal REALLY have gone so far out of their way to defend each other?  If so that's just an awful job of scum distancing.  

On 1/24/2020 at 10:14 AM, Verbal said:

I'm sorta thinking this is a less experienced scum team, or at least not led my a vet scum player.

If true, this jives with Stark being one of the scum.  Spoot would be the next best bet in this scenario. 

But it also jives with a LOW ACTIVITY scum team.  Maybe he was the one making the NK decision because his teammate (Verbal or CTM) wasn't around.  

I know we're not supposed to speculate on what scum is doing at night based on who is active in the game thread but in this game I think it makes some sense to speculate that Stark had to be the "team leader" for a low activity scum team.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:19 PM, Nolder said:

Vote Stark

Re: post #380

I'll make case on 80 later.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, Nolder said:

Lol. You got me.

No I didn't. I questioned certain people's approaches to what I was doing. Whether I was lying or not there is a certain general protocol you follow in a situation like that if you're town. Again, CTM reacted fine. You over reacted and you still are imo.

What's wrong with how I played?

Time will tell about that. Reach your own conclusions now but remember it after the game is over.

Spoot was taking the whole thing a bit far imo. It pushed past being joking around into annoying. I'm over it now but at the time I was mad enough at myself for missing it I didn't need Spoot rubbing it in over half a dozen posts as well.

Nolder with his vote and case on Stark.  Nicely done by Nolder.  

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

Dracula gorged himself all night at the human feast. Satisfied, he started to glide home when he was accosted. ?‍♂️ failed to hypnotize his assailant and he was stabbed through the heart. A look of shock and horror crossed his face before he turned to dust. 

Crusher, Dracula ?‍♂️ vanilla town, is dead. It is now day, with 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Fear the prince of fatness...

522E0A54-F723-4EC5-BD41-61F4199725B8.jpeg

That's amazing.

How do you find this sh*t?

RIP your fatness.

• Upvote 2

On 1/24/2020 at 1:01 PM, Stark said:

@Nolder i have addressed this a few times. Your timing was weird, your initial claim was almost i jest because spoot voted for 80. I read your confirming as a joke "hey anyone that votes 80 has to be town" then you stuck to it. at that time what did spoot have 2 votes on him? the timing was odd. then you re-emphasized it. today story is changing. 

you claim you had info and half the game questions it. No one really pressed you about it. You say I didn't act "town", after a long period of time and a day out from the deadline I voted you. As I said earlier I wanted to see how the game reacted. Would anyone follow the vote? how would you react? 80 joined the vote - who you also called an a$$hole and you flipped the **** out & then to basically called the game and its me 80 as a scum pair.

You cleared spoot who had a stretch of posts that probably would have caught him votes and now when 80 mentions you having a day cop role and scum possibly having a similar role you say...

now you say you didn't have a day cop role

can you not see where we would be wondering wtf you were doing? and now still doing? 

I don't think scum Stark would go after Nolder this hard if Spoot was his teammate.  I just don't.  

On 1/24/2020 at 2:06 PM, Spoot-Face said:

vote Stork-butt

He has too many posts that read like incoherent babble. Lots of rambling, and acting confused, which is a stark contrast to his usual game.

Didn't recall Spoot voting Stark at the outset of D2.  This put Stark at L-2 at the time.

Yeah, leaning towards not being willing at all to vote Spoot today.  Amazingly enough. 

16 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

That alone, no, but when I add that to those two really scummy posts of yours, it adds up to you being my 1# choice. Plus, it was never really clear to me why you thought Stark was town. Seemed out of the blue.

And, in case I die tonight, I wanted my #1 read out there.

I among others called some of his posts town, it's all there in the thread.

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yes, Verb has had some townie-like posts, but so did Stark.

Verb not even willing to lynch Stark in the face of random was a bad look. If Stark had played a clean game, I'd understand it, but he didn't.

Why would I lynch somebody I was feeling town on?  In what way is that a good idea?  I'm all ears...

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was at L-1 and Stark didn't hammer.  Wow.  Once again pretty impressive play out of Stark.

I saw that as well.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:41 PM, Spoot-Face said:

About the only one I feel good about is Nolder. Firm-Town read on him.

As for the rest:

Stark -- A lot from him I haven't liked, centering around the whole Nolder "confirming" me spiel, beginning with his initial refusal to acknowledge that Nolder might be telling the truth, and the logic of doing so (what Nolder is saying). And he continues to be hung up on it, and doesn't seem to be looking elsewhere much. Now, I need to remember that Stark is still relatively new, and I'll buy that it is perhaps genuine confusion at Nolder's play. I only had an idea about what Nolder was doing because of a scuttle him and I got into in a previous game, and if I hadn't had that, I could see myself having a similar reaction as Stark. Stark was present around deadline and did seem to be genuinely trying to avoid random. I'm on the fence about his alignment, and want to see how his game continues.

80 -- Lots of grossness about his game, but as he's stated before, it's basically his meta. It's what makes him dangerous as scum. As such, I have a habit of reading him as scum even when he's town, so I have to take that into consideration. Scum-lean.

CTM -- Nothing I can think of right now that raised a red flag about his game. He had, what I believe, is the appropriate reaction to Nolder "confirming" me. But, as a complete opposite of 80, I kinda usually read him as town by default, so I'm not sure if I trust my gut. Null.

Crusher -- I have a hunch he's scum. He has more joke posts than game-related posts, which is his scum MO, IIRC. I also didn't like his reaction to Nolder's "confirming" me, and he had that awful post questioning Leelou about it. I think that fat man deserves more attention.

Verb -- His absence was awful, but is alignment-neutral. Looked a lot better since becoming active, but had those two posts I really don't like that I pointed out. Can't read him very well. Need more activity to go on.

I'm tired and this is the best I can muster for right now. Will continue to go back and re-read the thread periodically this weekend.

Good reads here.  

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

80, I can see what you're doing here.  You're building up steam to make a push on me today, lol.

Good luck with that.

You or CTM, yes.  

I need a lot more content out of you to make a firm decision though.  

Luckily we have 1 mislynch to use today if needed....

Ok so believe it or not I've had a change of heart on 80.

I like what he's been doing lately and compared to some people (we'll get there hold on) he looks like he's putting in a lot of effort and actually trying to figure things out. And no not just because he's posting a lot. I've done that as scum and maybe some of you have too. Most of us are usually pretty adept at sussing out when someone is just posting to post and not actually trying to game solve. I'm not getting that vibe from 80 so if he is scum and my initial instinct was correct then I have to say he's really picked up his game in the second half while others (we'll get there trust me) have just let it go.

In addition to his gameplay there is also the wine in front of me we must consider. I'm sorry but I just don't see 80 leaving me alive after being on his and Starks ass for two days straight. I don't believe 80 would believe he could turn this into a Nolder mislynch right on the heels of Starks death so unless he was desperate to cop hunt with the doc dead (it's possible) he would just kill me and hope the cop has been wasting their time. 80 likes to play risky as scum usually so I can really see him just going for the "confirmed" kill in me rather than just shoot into the crowd. So I don't think it's 80 right now. I'm still wary of the fact that he could have just picked his game up but I'm not getting that vibe anymore. So who's Starks partner? It's none other than...

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Convenient post for someone who hasn't been around, especially at deadlines.

Is this serious?  We had 2 day phases, and I was around for 1 of them and not the other.  A little exaggeration, yes?

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I still can't wrap my head around this part of Verbal's play though.  His views on Stark matched mine.  Could Stark and Verbal REALLY have gone so far out of their way to defend each other?  If so that's just an awful job of scum distancing.  

Correct.  I simply made a mistake.  Others did as well, but I'm the one admitting it here.  Sucks, but it happens.  

Just now, Verbal said:

Is this serious?  We had 2 day phases, and I was around for 1 of them and not the other.  A little exaggeration, yes?

Correct.  I simply made a mistake.  Others did as well, but I'm the one admitting it here.  Sucks, but it happens.  

Look at this sh*t he even ruins my ******* joke.

What a scummy a$$hole.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Ok so believe it or not I've had a change of heart on 80.

I like what he's been doing lately and compared to some people (we'll get there hold on) he looks like he's putting in a lot of effort and actually trying to figure things out. And no not just because he's posting a lot. I've done that as scum and maybe some of you have too. Most of us are usually pretty adept at sussing out when someone is just posting to post and not actually trying to game solve. I'm not getting that vibe from 80 so if he is scum and my initial instinct was correct then I have to say he's really picked up his game in the second half while others (we'll get there trust me) have just let it go.

In addition to his gameplay there is also the wine in front of me we must consider. I'm sorry but I just don't see 80 leaving me alive after being on his and Starks ass for two days straight. I don't believe 80 would believe he could turn this into a Nolder mislynch right on the heels of Starks death so unless he was desperate to cop hunt with the doc dead (it's possible) he would just kill me and hope the cop has been wasting their time. 80 likes to play risky as scum usually so I can really see him just going for the "confirmed" kill in me rather than just shoot into the crowd. So I don't think it's 80 right now. I'm still wary of the fact that he could have just picked his game up but I'm not getting that vibe anymore. So who's Starks partner? It's none other than...

Similar to the change of heart I've had on Spoot.  All we needed was more dead bodies, including a very lucky random, to maybe figure this thing out.