Jamal Adams would do anything to give himself a shower

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:
What if you could get a 1 and a 3 from the Cowboys and use the contract you’d give Adams on the best guard or pass rusher in free agency? 

I’d consider it.

I’f that was really the choice I’d be leaning toward the trade for sure.

My point is specifically whether or not Adams is worth a contract. There are numerous trade scenarios where it would be foolish not to utilize his value. I just don't see it happening. 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’d consider it.

My point is specifically whether or not Adams is worth a contract. There are numbers is trade scenarios where it would be foolish not to utilize his value.

I don’t think it’s a separate issue, though. If Adams is worth 5/$80mm then he’s worth a big return on the trade market, but it’s hard to see how that’s the case. For instance, I don’t think anyone would trade a 1 for either Eddie Jackson or Kevin Byard and it’s tough to argue that Adams is any better than those two guys. I think safety—especially strong safeties—are niche players who are largely interchangeable. If there’s a trade to be made for him where a sucker like Jerry Jones believes the hype, then you trip over yourself to make that deal and convert any return into tangible assets that can prop up Darnold. Or, you can stand pat, pay Adams like an elite defensive player, and watch him throw up 60 tackles, a pick, and a handful of sacks every year, which is what you’d expect from your minimum-wage inside linebacker. The reality of what Adams contributes on the field has been overtaken by the marketing of Jamal Adams, I think, and it’s why Jets fans are exponentially less impressed by him than ESPN is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think it’s a separate issue, though. If Adams is worth 5/$80mm then he’s worth a big return on the trade market, but it’s hard to see how that’s the case. For instance, I don’t think anyone would trade a 1 for either Eddie Jackson or Kevin Byard and it’s tough to argue that Adams is any better than those two guys. I think safety—especially strong safeties—are niche players who are largely interchangeable. If there’s a trade to be made for him where a sucker like Jerry Jones believes the hype, then you trip over yourself to make that deal and convert any return into tangible assets that can prop up Darnold. Or, you can stand pat, pay Adams like an elite defensive player, and watch him throw up 60 tackles, a pick, and a handful of sacks every year, which is what you’d expect from your minimum-wage inside linebacker. The reality of what Adams contributes on the field has been overtaken by the marketing of Jamal Adams, I think, and it’s why Jets fans are exponentially less impressed by him than ESPN is.

Nailed it. 

Plus around this time next year I completely envision Jamal Adams getting a rib removed so he can give himself the best BJ in the world, because it’s him giving it.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Come on man. Really?
I always love when discussions turn to where you just tried to take it.
Feelings? I think the point I’m making is devoid of feelings unlike the side of this one that is still butt hurt about Mahomes and tweets. Two things I could not care less about at this point.

I can recall hundreds of posts over the last 3 years that sound almost identical
Today as they did the day we unwisely chose Adams at 6. The only difference is now there Ishtar added bonus of economics finding its way in.
I could not care one bit about the feelings associated with this one truth be told. I simply don’t have them where Adams is concerned. Or RA for that matter. It’s about the team for me.

I honestly think it’s funny how people simply can not let the 6 overall pick piece go. You’ve been pulling out the Adams issues way before potentially paying him was an issue. So there! emoji3.png

I’ll state my point again quickly and then we can put this to bed. It’s ok not to agree with each other.

Let’s say we actually had other people to pay and it was a matter of choosing a SAfety over let’s say... our premier edge rusher. I may not have the same ideas that I have now. But that’s simply not the case.
My whole point is that we have about 5 players who are really worth keeping. The big hope is that we have a GM who can actually bring kids in who are worth a Sh*t to our team. That leads us to a situation where 4 years from now we have to think about paying them.
We could have an All pro here for that time with zero issue financially until then. If at that point it’s an issue we can discuss it

Right now we have a handful of guys worth paying. A few guys who could be a core of guys to build around.
I don’t see why it’s excited you so to jettison the best of them because of some fantasy that we don’t have money. It’s an old resentment that has tainted your entire argument. Every thing said is unfortunately riddled with all your statements about your feelings about Mahomes and tweets. You just don’t like the guy. That’s fine.

I get the positional value thing. I’d be an idiot not to. But this is not a matter of being without the resources to retain guys who are worth retaining. You don’t let guys walk because your afraid to pay them when you don’t have to be. It’s really that simple. And again, good teams know exactly how to manage the cap.

Now if we were really talking about 2 first rd picks for him? Come on.
But that’s not happening most likely.

In my opinion you keep Adams. My feelings for a loud mouth show boat are non existent. Cuz if they were I wouldn’t want him. Kinda like you.

and if he decides to walk after the 5th year option?   we get nothing*.  There's always that risk.  Just saying. 

*yeah yeah... we get a chance for a decent comp pick if we aren't signing more FAs than losing that year.  A big maybe. 

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’d consider it.

My point is specifically whether or not Adams is worth a contract. There are numbers is trade scenarios where it would be foolish not to utilize his value.

and Douglas would be a fool not to look at offers.  

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Revis was legitimately great in ways that translated to winning football games.

2. Ellis was not lazy. Dude would get IVs to rehydrate so he wouldn’t have to come out of games.

3. Abraham, however, was a me-first dog of the highest order

Still FAR more valuable than a SS despite the injuries and at times indifferent play.  And trading him got us Mangold.

People get bent out of shape about talking about dealing Adams but it is the right thing to do if we get a good offer and it will never be a better time to deal him.

15 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This fan base is insane. It idolizes a selfish piece of crap like Revis who could not care about winning so long as he got his millions, vilifies a class act like Pennington (whose only fault was getting injured against the Bills in 2004), cheers the trading of a game changer like Abraham, idolizes an overrated and lazy player like Shaun Ellis, falls in love with the journeyman QB who was bound to crash and burn at the key moment of the season  just like he has and has done his entire career in Fitzpatrick, and is chasing a very good player out of town in Adams because he talks too much and was drafted ahead of Mahomes.  I could add to the list, but it seems to me that the players that should be respected are not and those that deserve a ticket out of town are revered.  

Hmmmm. This rings true to me. I'm not sure why it is. 

I can totally understand why there is a consideration of accepting a boat load trade for a great player. That's always to be considered. I like the JD philosophy of answering every call. That said, I think that has morphed into getting rid of some sort of cancer at any cost which is ludicrous to me. 

RA too for that matter. While I would like to see a guy like Jenkins retained, he should not take priority over a guy like Robbie imo. 

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

and Douglas would be a fool not to look at offers.  

Indeed. Every coach develops their memorable quotes. Parcells with "she" and so many others. Rex with "I didn't come here to kiss BB's rings" or "Same old Jets... back in the AFC championship game" Herm with " You play to win the game!" 

Mangini with.... Wait... Did he ever speak?  haha

Its not our coach but I really like the organic JD quote that come from the trade deadline. "I come from a mentality where you answer every call."  I love it. 

As you know I'm on the side of keeping Adams 9who is under contract for 2 more years by the way) but there is no way I would't listen to some team that felt he was the missing piece.  If Adams can be the pivotal point where we are able to gain such capital that we can turn the franchise around, I'd at least consider it with a trigger pull likely. 

I'm not of the mindset to push an all pro, who we have plenty of money for, out the door for chump change. That's just not how I see it. 

• Upvote 1