Jamal Adams would do anything to give himself a shower

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So if we falter again we then trade the best player on the 2020 team for draft picks and continue doing this year after year. 

Very interesting I see how you guys think. 

Some NY Jets fans are suffering from FAN-CTE. 

some believe that electing to use a precious 1st round pick for a safety and then having, keeping and paying a superstar safety instead of WR/OL/CB/EDGE is the wrong way to build a championship team.  It's a misapplication of valuable resources. 

You may not agree, but what is it people don't understand?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dcat said:

some believe that electing to draft and then having, keeping and paying a superstar safety instead of WR/OL/CB/EDGE is the wrong way to build a championship team.  It's a misallocation of valuable resources.  

Regardless of position he's the best player on the team. 

You build an organization around players like him. 

Did you happen to notice where Tyrann Mathieu is playing and what team wound up in the Super Bowl, good teams have good players on the roster at all positions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 1/22/2020 at 1:21 PM, Patriot Killa said:

This doesn’t deserve its own thread and it will eventually be locked but I’m in a giving mood today.

Jet fan twitter users all are well aware of Michael Nania, he’s a regular guy like us, he posts a ton of Jet graphic stats, clips, ect. I especially like how Jamal Adams found a post from an average joe and gave himself a confidence booster along with a quick marketing grab. 

This guy is an egotistical maniac. It’s no secret anymore, he’s turned one of his biggest supporters(yours truly) into a T0M Shane supporter with his phony team first babble. The Pro Bowl is coming on and I hope Jerry Jones is watching. Jet fans with an emotional attachment to this clown and who defend him like they would their child.....shame...shame on you.

Nice to see you’ve come around to see The Light.

23 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

So who do we feel is good enough to pay around here?  lol 

The salary cap is $188.2 mil and expected to go up to $200.00 mil this season. We have at least $50 mil every year that we're happy to throw at other team's hot garbage ever offseason. Spencer long, Trumaine Johnson etc. And the list goes on and on.  When do we pay someone we bring into the league? 

The narrative that he wants to play for Dallas has about as much supporting evidence as the idea that he wants to Play in NY. if not far less. Essentially its conjecture born from one comment. I don't see much to go on there. 

JD is not Macc. Let’s see what he can do before we project any future FA’s signed by JD are colossal mistakes. JD has one year to prove himself worthy of the GM position. Why one year? Because he”ll have to get this roster straightened out and filter all the nobodies Macc signed and drafted. Because he’ll have a good chunk of cash to sign FA’s and fill positions Macc continuously ignored. Because he’ll have some decent draft picks to acquire quality players in position of need. The list goes on. JD has his hands full. I’m not saying he needs to make the playoffs next year but this team better be more competitive and on the upswing. If it’s not, then he’ll be considered the 2nd coming of Macc. 

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Regardless of position he's the best player on the team. 

You build an organization around players like him. 

Did you happen to notice where Tyrann Mathieu is playing and what team wound up in the Super Bowl, good teams have good players on the roster at all positions. 

You don’t build around strong safeties. The Chiefs would of been in the SB last year had it been for Dee Ford jumping offsides. In OT.

Mathieu is a coverage free safety anyway. Not that it matters because you don’t build around him either. Any big name SS’s been to the Super Bowl since Kam Chancellor in 2013? They aren a necessity. You do not burn a high % of cap on guys who you would have the same record with or without. The Jets could of signed DJ Swearinger and been 7-9 also.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If thats the only knock you have on our best player then you should really ask yourself if you are true NY Jets fan or just here to bash. 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Stop questioning the fandom of people who don’t agree with you.

Stop telling people to find a new team because they don’t agree with you.

Agreed. 

@joewilly12  :  When people disagree with you, it neither makes them worse fans or you a better fan.  Somehow you seem to think that your opinion is the only one valid around here.

• Post of the Week 2

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If thats the only knock you have on our best player then you should really ask yourself if you are true NY Jets fan or just here to bash. 

First, he’s not our best player. Second, he’s not even our 2nd best player. Third, he’s only regarded as ‘our best player’ because this entire roster sucks. And there’s alot  more knocks I have regarding Jamal as a player, teammate, person but there’s not enough space on here to go into it. And a pox on you for questioning my allegiance to the Jets. I’ve been a Jets fan probably before you were a figment of imagination in your dad’s sperm bank.

OR ... You smartly keep proven talent like Jamal and build around it... Thus building a winning roster. It's really not rocket science ... pay talent and effort ... Jettison mediocre JAGs ...  Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SS is not a position you ever build around. Especially not at CB1 money.

Spend 17.5M per on Mosley and $15M+ on Adams and your OL still sucks.

Sounds simple to me. Simply bad money management.

• Upvote 3

Having no one to pay isn’t a good enough justification to pay unworthy players. That’s a good way to end up in the same mess this roster has been thru the last 5 years.

And we do actually have a few worth paying. But they’re not named Jamal or Robby.

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m
Asking whether or not all pro status meets your requirements for resigning. Or a guy who has shown the ability to work his way all the way from unheralded UDFA.
Who gets paid in your view?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

JD is not Macc. Let’s see what he can do before we project any future FA’s signed by JD are colossal mistakes. JD has one year to prove himself worthy of the GM position. Why one year? Because he”ll have to get this roster straightened out and filter all the nobodies Macc signed and drafted. Because he’ll have a good chunk of cash to sign FA’s and fill positions Macc continuously ignored. Because he’ll have some decent draft picks to acquire quality players in position of need. The list goes on. JD has his hands full. I’m not saying he needs to make the playoffs next year but this team better be more competitive and on the upswing. If it’s not, then he’ll be considered the 2nd coming of Macc. 

I’d hate to break it to ya but he’s getting much longer than 1 year.

It’s called market inefficiency. Just because the league pays guys a lot of money to do things that don’t move the needle enough doesn’t mean we need to join in.

For once I’d like for the Jets to understand this concept.

lol.
Where does passing on Mahomes to take Adams factor into your market inefficiency stance?
Or maybe his incessant tweeting. How much impact do those variables have ?

This is getting funny. We have had $50-90 mil every season for a long time to spend. For gods sake keep the one all pro player we have drafted in the last decade. We have the money. We have the player. By the time Darnold and our influx of offensive talent gets paid we will still have the money.

Let’s not play games with market efficiency. Every team makes it work when they need to. It’s not even an issue in the slightest.

You don’t like Adams. That’s just about all the meat you’re bringing to this sandwich making party.

That would be fine if you didn’t try to dress it up like you do. Hahahaha

lol.
Where does passing on Mahomes to take Adams factor into your market inefficiency stance?
Or maybe his incessant tweeting. How much impact do those variables have ?

This is getting funny. We have had $50-90 mil every season for a long time to spend. For gods sake keep the one all pro player we have drafted in the last decade. We have the money. We have the player. By the time Darnold and our influx of offensive talent gets paid we will still have the money.

Let’s not play games with market efficiency. Every team makes it work when they need to. It’s not even an issue in the slightest.

You don’t like Adams. That’s just about all the meat you’re bringing to this sandwich making party.

That would be fine if you didn’t try to dress it up like you do. Hahahaha

50-90M to spend wisely. Like the Packers did last year when they signed 2 pass rushers.

As EY clearly demonstrated earlier in the thread, no smart, successful team spends big on a SS.

It doesn’t get much simpler. You getting all up in your feelings over the idea we shouldn’t pay Jamal 15+ per isn’t my problem.

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I’mAsking whether or not all pro status meets your requirements for resigning. Or a guy who has shown the ability to work his way all the way from unheralded UDFA. Who gets paid in your view?   

Positional importance means a lot more to me than the meaningless All-Pro and UDFA argument you’re throwing out there. Those are emotional arguments.  

I’d rather have a good G and C over an All-Pro SS or a WR2 who only runs about 2 routes and wants WR1 money. Does that simplify it for you?

Meanwhile, we should pay Jenkins and Poole. Because EDGE and Slot Corner are important positions and those are 2 solid players we can bring back relatively cheaply.

This is a business and we should treat it as such.

• Upvote 1

There are a lot of entrenched mindsets about Jamal Adams, and that's fine.  I'd hope we can all agree that we want what's in the best interest of the Jets and that includes Jamal producing on the field and, if traded, bringing back a ton of value in return.  I'd also hope we can agree to hold our GM to a high standard.

I want this new GM to think in terms of "And"....not "Or".   Rebuild this team, add great talent "and" do it while keeping your best players.  It shouldn't be an "or" discussion.  Joe Douglas shouldn't have to decide to either rebuild the offensive line OR keep Jamal Adams, add offensive talent OR keep our Pro Bowl Safety.  This is what the best teams do.  They find ways to put it together without sacrificing the good things that they have....and it should be easy for Joe, since the Jets don't really have too many good things he needs to worry about right now.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

You people are disgusting and it’s the NYJ social media’s fault. You cry about Baker commercials and then turn around and give this kind of reception.

D9D52FB6-DAAF-4971-84C1-6BD33EA79FB8.thumb.jpeg.61ddce99838cb9a49419623c024ede48.jpeg

3CD78BED-B285-4328-96F8-8D7774CB8DC1.thumb.jpeg.d41b7598a796891c482f3bfbd1beff9b.jpeg

I want to see @GREENBEAN do a man-on-the-street segment where he interviews Jets fans who think Jamal Adams is great, then asks them to cite Jamal Adams’ actual stats and/or point to a game he “changed.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1