Offensive Tackle to the Jets at 11 or ?

On 1/25/2020 at 6:43 PM, Beerfish said:

Take the tackle.  The top two WRs are nice but not must have beasts imo and there is a lot of WR talent in this draft.

Also FA would have absolutely zero factor in my choice.

I was with you on the first part.   

But how do you ignore what you get in free agency?  You pick up two top starters in FA and it has to effect your analysis.  We need lineman but if we lessen the need it allows you to go bpa at one of your several positions of need whether it’s another lineman, wr, edge or cb

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Last year Jonah Williams the number 11 pick got a contract for almost $18mm. 

So for $4.5mm/year, the Jets should take the player who provides the best value for that.  An excellent WR qualifies. 

Jonah is gonna get $18 million to play 5 games?

On 1/25/2020 at 1:52 PM, Tony The Wiz said:

Because of this draft you have to pick the Tackle. The wide Receivers are very deep in this draft.  Even if you produce 8 first round or early 2nd round Wide receivers the draft still will have the likes of Michael Pitman, Van Jefferson, Gabriel Davis and Chase Claypool still out there. You can't say this with the OT.  My harder choice is Epensa. If you watch some of his games he takes over the games more than Chase Young. He is that good. But the OT has to be Wirfs.  If he is gone than go Wide out,   

Tony.....where would Jonah Williams stack up with this years class?

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Tony.....where would Jonah Williams stack up with this years class?

In my opinion he would of been the 2nd ranked OT in this draft after his College football Year and Combine. Only Wirfs I would of had ahead of him. Wirfs is a special dude. At his weight he runs a 4.95 forty. That is impressive. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

In my opinion he would of been the 2nd ranked OT in this draft after his College football Year and Combine. Only Wirfs I would of had ahead of him. Wirfs is a special dude. At his weight he runs a 4.95 forty. That is impressive. 

Thanks. When all is said and done, Jonah will have a much better, impactful career than the slug we took last year at #3.

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Thanks. When all is said and done, Jonah will have a much better, impactful career than the slug we took last year at #3.

Don't give up with Quinnen. He was a young 21 when he got drafted. And he went to a complicated ew system with the Jets. In college is was always a 4 man front and the defensive tackle needs a few years before they develop. So lets be a little patient.  

3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Don't give up with Quinnen. He was a young 21 when he got drafted. And he went to a complicated ew system with the Jets. In college is was always a 4 man front and the defensive tackle needs a few years before they develop. So lets be a little patient.  

I am always patient. Just don't see it.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:52 PM, Tony The Wiz said:

Because of this draft you have to pick the Tackle. The wide Receivers are very deep in this draft.  Even if you produce 8 first round or early 2nd round Wide receivers the draft still will have the likes of Michael Pitman, Van Jefferson, Gabriel Davis and Chase Claypool still out there. You can't say this with the OT.  My harder choice is Epensa. If you watch some of his games he takes over the games more than Chase Young. He is that good. But the OT has to be Wirfs.  If he is gone than go Wide out,   

I feel as though that with all the need of OL around the league a lot of the Tackles are going to go higher then expected.... I believe that Giants, ARZ and CLE are desperately looking for OL help, If you had your choice between Okudah (who I feel may fall due to QB, OL needs) Epenesa and Lamb/ Jeudy.  Who would you go with?

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I feel as though that with all the need of OL around the league a lot of the Tackles are going to go higher then expected.... I believe that Giants, ARZ and CLE are desperately looking for OL help, If you had your choice between Okudah (who I feel may fall due to QB, OL needs) Epenesa and Lamb/ Jeudy.  Who would you go with?

Number 1 we have to see who are out there as free agents and who will we target. That will be big and who will we sign. Since the Free Agency is before the draft this will determine who we draft. Also we need to see who makes their mark at the Combine. Since all 4 had tremendous seasons I see how they won't have a really good combine.  But if you tell me now just looking at the roster and Robbie Anderson is gone I would probably go wide receiver.  Now to pick one from this duo is real hard. Would love to see their forty times at the combine.  Jeudy is the best route runner but Lamb is the most elusive and hardest to get a hold of.    

2 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Love to know your thoughts on Edoga.

How did you rate him last year and what are your thoughts moving forward?

3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Number 1 we have to see who are out there as free agents and who will we target. That will be big and who will we sign. Since the Free Agency is before the draft this will determine who we draft. Also we need to see who makes their mark at the Combine. Since all 4 had tremendous seasons I see how they won't have a really good combine.  But if you tell me now just looking at the roster and Robbie Anderson is gone I would probably go wide receiver.  Now to pick one from this duo is real hard. Would love to see their forty times at the combine.  Jeudy is the best route runner but Lamb is the most elusive and hardest to get a hold of.    

I like Lamb slightly better because he has shown that he can catch contested catches... Jeudy, because of how good he is at route running seems to always be wide open. Just from my watching of College football this year. 

3 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Love to know your thoughts on Edoga.

How did you rate him last year and what are your thoughts moving forward?

He came on in the end and impressed. It was the Senior Bowl week that vaulted him up,  Before that no one was talking about him. What I saw at the Senior Bowl like every one else was a positive. 

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I like Lamb slightly better because he has shown that he can catch contested catches... Jeudy, because of how good he is at route running seems to always be wide open. Just from my watching of College football this year. 

And the most important. And this is not only for Jeudy but for many other Alabama athletes that have came out of here since Saban has taken over the reins. Can we judge Jeudy the same with Lamb since Jeudy played with three other top receivers that could go in the first round if all were eligible. That is the hard part with an Alabama player. If he was on Oklahoma how dominant would he be? So yeah you have to lean toward Lamb just a slight.  Now look, Jeudy could turn into a former Alabama player Julio Jones. So yeah it is tough.