yardbarker: Jerry Jones to trade up?

Dcat

18 hours ago, chirorob said:

I would totally do that, but Dallas doesn't trade up all that often.

And why would Jones trade up to 11? Who’s he targeting? If he’s trading up it would have to be someone in top 7 to make a ‘splash’.  It would make no sense to just trade up from 17 to 11. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Trading up is not moving to the 11th pick. 

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

And why would Jones trade up to 11? Who’s he targeting? If he’s trading up it would have to be someone in top 7 to make a ‘splash’.  It would make no sense to just trade up from 17 to 11. 

Looks like you agree with me. :welc:

It’s JD’s first draft in the big chair. It costs little to take a risk and bang the table for a guy when someone else is writing the name on the card. JD has got to hit a home run in the first round. Lot easier at 11 than 17 and the odds get even worse the deeper in the draft you to. Only trade down I want is if a QB falls and another team falls in love and offers a deal like we did with the Colts when we got Darnold.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Looks like you agree with me. :welc:

Jerry Jones is a narcissist. Moving to 11 from 17 is a drip not a splash. If he wants to make a splash work out a trade for Adams. Now that would be splash-like. And don’t ever insult me by saying I agree with you ever again. ?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

They say Jones wants to make a big splash and move up.  OK then, how about Dallas #17 + #51 for Jets #11?

yay or nay?

p.s.  traditional value chart:

#11-1250, #17-950, #51-390

If they say that, then it seems he's out of the Prez sweepstakes.

That is, unless in pre-combine February he already wants to move up from #17 specifically to upgrade at strong safety.

Probably not, though.