ESPN predicts Emmanuel Sanders will sign with the Jets

5 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

At this point, id prefer Sanders to Enunwa.  If we can get Sanders for 3 yrs 25 million but only 10 guaranteed, Id sign up for that.  Gives us an upgrade at the position and if he gets injured or his play deteriorates, he is easily cut with no pain.   For 4 yrs 40 million, Id pass.   Prefer Anderson at those prices.

I’d rather roll the dice with a rookie that might be good. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’d rather roll the dice with a rookie that might be good. 

I think regardless you need to draft two wr in the first 4 rounds.  But you want Darnold to have targets that already know how to play.  Sanders would be a band aide and depth for a season or two, not a long term answer.   Thats why I d structure the contract like that

Glad we did not sign him. The Jets need to build a young receiving corps. Bring Robby back and draft a WR early (first 4 picks). Robby, Crowder, a talented rookie with Herndon, Griffin and Bell should give Darnold plenty of weapons assuming the Jets can rebuild this O-line. 

The rest of the WR depth chart will fill itself out: Doctson, Berrios, Vyncent Smith, Chesson, Malone, Jeff Smith and maybe even Enunwa who is a big X factor. There will also be some UDFAs in camp. 

I think the Jets need to focus on bringing Robby back. His price should fall back down to where Douglass was willing to negotiate (around 10mil) and its critical the Jets draft a blue-chip OT prospect, so they will have to take one in Rd. 1 or Rd. 2.