ESPN predicts Emmanuel Sanders will sign with the Jets

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are going to give 40 million dollars to a 32 year old receiver who has 800 yards the past two seasons? His last 1,000 yard season was 5 years ago.

Who wrote this article, his agent?

Regardless if it's a good move or not. From a contractual angle, that doesn't mean he's guaranteed $40 mil.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Regardless if it's a good move or not. From a contractual angle, that doesn't mean he's guaranteed $40 mil.

Ok. They should structure it this way.

Year one 5 million.

Year two 5 million

Year 3 and 4 will be 15mm each

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

If you notice these PREDICTIONS, it's always the Jets that should sign old washed up vets for big dollars. 

I don't see JD going old. The only vets signing here will be for team friendly deals. 

I still don't think Anderson sees anything over 10 million & if he does, the guarantees will be much lower. His contract will be interesting no matter who signs him. Is he really a top #2 either? I look at #2s to be sure handed guys that fight for the ball. He's really a #3, a nine route guy that works deep & the sideline. Deebo Samuel is the type of #2 I want, or like Greenbean drafting Pittman in the 3rd, he's the perfect #2 type. 

Im still hoping Dallas reups Dak because if they do, I have no idea how they can resign Cooper. OFFENSE, OFFENSE, OFFENSE this offseason. Just imagining Cooper, Pittman, Crowder, Herndon, Bell lineup. 

SHWING. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If you notice these PREDICTIONS, it's always the Jets that should sign old washed up vets for big dollars. 

I don't see JD going old. The only vets signing here will be for team friendly deals. 

I still don't think Anderson sees anything over 10 million & if he does, the guarantees will be much lower. His contract will be interesting no matter who signs him. Is he really a top #2 either? I look at #2s to be sure handed guys that fight for the ball. He's really a #3, a nine route guy that works deep & the sideline. Deebo Samuel is the type of #2 I want, or like Greenbean drafting Pittman in the 3rd, he's the perfect #2 type. 

Im still hoping Dallas reups Dak because if they do, I have no idea how they can resign Cooper. OFFENSE, OFFENSE, OFFENSE this offseason. Just imagining Cooper, Pittman, Crowder, Herndon, Bell lineup. 

SHWING. 

I think Barnwell is buddies with Bill Simmons.  Basically, they all hate the Jets.  It will be a glorious day (should it come) when the Jets are real contenders and the Pats are back to being what they were pre-BP/BB.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Barnwell is buddies with Bill Simmons.  Basically, they all hate the Jets.  It will be a glorious day (should it come) when the Jets are real contenders and the Pats are back to being what they were pre-BP/BB.  

The jets are always the team that these hacks use to plug in the move that they don’t want to slot any other team to do, like sign bell for all this money...so I get it.  Until douglas shows otherwise this is the fair media treatment we get.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Who wrote this article, his agent?

Probably.  Most of these types of "this guy might go here" articles are agent-driven.

Additionally, Sanders almost assuredly has no intention of signing with the Jets anyway, we're an agent favorite to use to drive up market price on free agents.

Who exactly do you guys want on the team?

We only have a few draft picks - you don’t want to keep Robby (wants too much) you don’t want to sign a Sanders (he’s too old) 

What exactly are y’all expecting.  Sanders would be a solid signing and we should keep Robby...with our two TE’sn - if they stay healthy it’ll be a huge upgrade over last year - shore up the o-line as best you can and this is an upgraded team.

There are no silver bullets out there.  This team almost entirely neglected offense for almost a decade.  Not sure what you guys expect.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Who exactly do you guys want on the team?

We only have a few draft picks - you don’t want to keep Robby (wants too much) you don’t want to sign a Sanders (he’s too old) 

What exactly are y’all expecting.  Sanders would be a solid signing and we should keep Robby...with our two TE’sn - if they stay healthy it’ll be a huge upgrade over last year - shore up the o-line as best you can and this is an upgraded team.

There are no silver bullets out there.  This team almost entirely neglected offer for almost a decade.  Not sure what you guys expect.

DeMarcus Robinson or Breshad Perriman.  You know, someone who isn't on a steep age-related decline, has shown potential, and whose best years are ahead of them, not behind.  

Hell, Phillip Dorsett does a good bit of what Robby does and would cost less than half of what Robby would.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

DeMarcus Robinson or Breshad Perriman.  You know, someone who isn't on a steep age-related decline, has shown potential, and whose best years are ahead of them, not behind.  

Hell, Phillip Dorsett does a good bit of what Robby does and would cost less than half of what Robby would.

When are you applying for the Johnson's budget director positionindex.jpg.11cd55f37a494788bd50252dde54ddf2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hell, Phillip Dorsett does not even have half the production of what Robby does. Demarcus Robinson plays in a pinball game and has half of that.  I actually find Breshad Perriman somewhat intriguing, but he was the definition of a bust before the last quarter of 2019 and getting yardage in a Bruce Arians offense does not seem particularly unusual.