CW mock offseason 2020

cant wait

DRAFT 

1. Jedrick Wills OT - the last remaining of the big 4 OT’s

2. Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU 

3. Lloyd Cushenberry C LSU

3b. Antonio Gibson WR/RB Memphis - 6’2 220 runs a 4.39 40. This kid is an underrated baller. I see David Johnson level upside

4. Derrek Tuszka EDGE North Dakota - Elite agility score, 6.87 3 cone 

5. Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska

6. Zach Shackelford C/G Texas

6a. Rodrigo Blankenship K Georgia

FREE AGENTS

Jack Conklin OT

Graham Glasgow OG

Brian Poole CB

Robby Anderson WR

Robert Quinn EDGE

Kelvin Beachum OT

Alex Lewis OG

Brandon Copeland LB

Last years report card:

On 3/6/2019 at 11:38 PM, cant wait said:

DRAFT

1. josh allen OLB 

3. terry mclaurin WR

3a. miles sanders RB

4. khalen saunders DT 

5. emanuel hall WR 

7. trace mcsorley QB 

SIGNINGS

mitch morse C

roger saffold G

daryl williams OT

anthony barr LB

derrick johnson CB

steven nelson CB

john brown WR

henry anderson DE

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't mind it but I keep seeing Aiyuk being touted and I don't see the attraction.

One year of real production but not eye popping production. 

Not an overly big guy.

Only a 4.5 guy.  His vertical is impressive though I admit.

He’s one of these guys that plays bigger than his height suggests. He’s not the most physical receiver either but he’s got an insane 81” wingspan and 10” hands so he’s got a truly massive catch radius. For perspective the WR with the next closest wingspan was Chase Claypool who measured 80” but is 5” taller

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

He’s one of these guys that plays bigger than his height suggests. He’s not the most physical receiver either but he’s got an insane 81” wingspan and 10” hands so he’s got a truly massive catch radius. For perspective the WR with the next closest wingspan was Chase Claypool who measured 80” but is 5” taller

curious, is he a preferred choice there? Who would you take over B.A. but you assume they'll be gone?

9 hours ago, cant wait said:

DRAFT 

2. Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU 

3b. Antonio Gibson WR/RB Memphis - 6’2 220 runs a 4.39 40. This kid is an underrated baller. I see David Johnson level upside

FREE AGENTS

Jack Conklin OT

Graham Glasgow OG

Brian Poole CB

Robby Anderson WR

Robert Quinn EDGE

Kelvin Beachum OT

Alex Lewis OG

Brandon Copeland LB

Last years report card:

I like the Robert Quinn signing. I wanted us to sign him last year. He’s just a really good productive player. But I’m curious what kind of deal he’s looking to get as he’s turning 30.

Beechum is a good signing while our rookie settles in. But I am curious how much he’d be looking for. I think it’ll be higher than we think. In which case I’d rather Vaitai who can play both rt/lt and is younger.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

curious, is he a preferred choice there? Who would you take over B.A. but you assume they'll be gone?

I have him at the end of my top tier of WR in this scenario but not my preferred option at WR overall. Would have him ranked WR7 behind guys like Jefferson, Higgins, Mims but ahead of Claypool, Pittman, Shenault etc.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I mean, this would be stellar. 

1. Wills is going to be a stud. Even if he doesn't end up playing at LT. It doesn't matter. He run blocks and pass blocks with the best of them and hes a plug and play player. 

2. I wouldn't worry too much about Ayuks 40 time. He is much faster on tape. He's a playmaker. I have no issue taking him in Rd. 2. I take him over Shenault and maybe even Reagor. But if Mims or Higgins or Jefferson are there, I take one of them instead. 

3. Cushenberry may or may not be there. The Jets DO have a really early 3rd rounder. No guarantee he will be able to play C in the NFL. Good value pick. I have no issue with this one unless Biadasz in on the board, who I personally still think is a great C prospect.  

4.. I have been a big fan of Gibson for a while now. He just a flat our weapon on offense. He can return, line up at WR and run the ball. He has good size and blazing speed. He was under the radar up until the combine. If the Jets can get a more traditional back like Akers in the same spot I would not mind that either. 

5. I don't know much about Tuszka and I have no issue picking up a developmental G/C and a K with our 6th round picks but Jackson is a real wildcard. I'm not sure his he fits in with GWs system, if at all. He may end up being converted to safety in the NFL. I'm not sure I draft him in the 5th. 

The FAs are a bit of a pipe dream but you never know. It just seems like we are struggling to retain Robby and he's asking for a lot. We haven't even started talking with Poole, who had a great season last year. The LT market is so dry that Beachum might want to test FA b/c he would be one of the better ones out there. And on top of that we are talking about bringing in two of the top young FAs OT and OGs. Just seems like a lot. I could see us bringing in Glasgow and Lewis. Something like that. Which is why I'm not surprised we are looking to trade for a guy like Trent Williams and are probably looking to kick the tires on Peters. I just don't see Conklin being in the Jets future. At which point maybe the Jets pivot and go after a CB b/c the market has a lot more options there.  

13 hours ago, cant wait said:

DRAFT 

2. Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU 

FREE AGENTS

Jack Conklin OT

Graham Glasgow OG

Brian Poole CB

Robby Anderson WR

Robert Quinn EDGE

Kelvin Beachum OT

Alex Lewis OG

Brandon Copeland LB

Last years report card:

This is as good as I’ve seen. I would do something very similar. Nice.