CeeDee Lamb #1 WR on Jets board

Yea, I don't like Lamb as an elite level talent.  I think he is a poor man's Sammy Watkins, and he gives me the exact same vibes and top end potential.  Watkins is a good but not great NFL receiver, and as far as matchups with Lamb had a better college career, a better combine performance and a higher scout rating.  They had roughly the same build, except that Lambs thin lower body looks like an injury waiting to happen.

His route running is good but not great, his speed isn't *that* impressive (it looked that way in college but the showing at the combine put it in perspective), and i think his RAC is excellent, but I'm not sold about his ability to overpower defenders to get the ball.

There's nothing really game changing compared to the really elite WRs who sometimes come out and i'd take Jeudy a bit above him (although I have some concerns about him as well, particularly on the injury front). 

Wrs are notoriously difficult to grade.  Every decade has a few that will be obvious (Megatron, Moss, Julio Jones, AJ Green. Dez..) but given the high bust rate, unless they are completely blindingly elite, you always have to be careful.  Jeudy and Lamb are giving me Watkins/Amari Cooper feelings here, and don't get me wrong, i'd be happy with that level of production, but there is a nonzero risk here of bad injury and bad bust potential.

20 hours ago, Paradis said:

Yes. 

Lamb has a ton of potential, but there's a lot of development work left too. That's insane to have him over Jeudy IMO

totally agree with you .   Only thing i can think is that what lamb did in OK is conceptually similar to how gase structures a lot of his passing concepts.  So they may feel he's a better overall scheme fit?  Not sure,  doubt its more than a smoke screen at this point for a different move,  but if youre looking for answers why it could be true, i could see that being one of them. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CSNY said:

Would take Jeudy or Ruggs over Lamb as they played in a better conference than Lamb. Big 12 plays no defense at all so I believe that Lambs numbers to a point are a product of a conference that has no regard for defensive side of the ball 

What conference did Jerry Rice play in??????

If a guy can play he can play, period!

Just saying....... :) 

10 hours ago, Hael said:

Yea, I don't like Lamb as an elite level talent.  I think he is a poor man's Sammy Watkins, and he gives me the exact same vibes and top end potential.  Watkins is a good but not great NFL receiver, and as far as matchups with Lamb had a better college career, a better combine performance and a higher scout rating.  They had roughly the same build, except that Lambs thin lower body looks like an injury waiting to happen.

His route running is good but not great, his speed isn't *that* impressive (it looked that way in college but the showing at the combine put it in perspective), and i think his RAC is excellent, but I'm not sold about his ability to overpower defenders to get the ball.

There's nothing really game changing compared to the really elite WRs who sometimes come out and i'd take Jeudy a bit above him (although I have some concerns about him as well, particularly on the injury front). 

Wrs are notoriously difficult to grade.  Every decade has a few that will be obvious (Megatron, Moss, Julio Jones, AJ Green. Dez..) but given the high bust rate, unless they are completely blindingly elite, you always have to be careful.  Jeudy and Lamb are giving me Watkins/Amari Cooper feelings here, and don't get me wrong, i'd be happy with that level of production, but there is a nonzero risk here of bad injury and bad bust potential.

I like Lamb.  But I don't see his game translating close to and elite level right away for sure.  Definitely needs to refine and expand his route running.  He will struggle against the jam and getting separation.   Will not have the same success rate with the 50-50 balls he needs to catch.  Jump balls and yac is the bread and butter staple of Lamb's game.   His football speed is not sufficient enough to allow him to "win" with consistency against corners.  While Jeudy looks faster on the football  field then his combine time.   

I like Lamb...but I would take Ruggs speed and upside over him every time.

Yea Jeudy is slim and it's fair enough to be concerned about that.  But instinctively elusive.  He's also more of a film study guy who loves football.  He prepares and has a plan against specific defenses.  He can quickly read defenses and break his route and get open with consistency.  IMO...due to his polished route running and knowledge of the game... Jeudy is advanced enough to get on the same page with Darnold and develop good chemistry right away, when compared to a Lamb or Ruggs.

JMO...I can't see JD...who values speed and devotion to the game, taking Lamb over Jeudy.  So I hope its just a smokescreen being put out there.  Lol...he'll probably take a tackle or a tradedown instead.

We'll see.             

21 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

What conference did Jerry Rice play in??????

If a guy can play he can play, period!

Just saying....... :) 

Not questioning Lambs ability just saying that Juedy and Ruggs played against better competition therefore all things being equal they would be my pick  Also I believe that if Al Toon not Jerry Rice were  drafted by the Niners rather than the Jets and getting killed by Joe Walton by having him constantly go over the middle Toon would be in the Hall and Rice would be the one picking up the phone when nobody is on the other end with all the ringing in his head that is going on. What Walton did to Toon to me was a criminal waste of talent 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not questioning Lambs ability just saying that Juedy and Ruggs played against better competition therefore all things being equal they would be my pick  Also I believe that if Al Toon not Jerry Rice were  drafted by the Niners rather than the Jets and getting killed by Joe Walton by having him constantly go over the middle Toon would be in the Hall and Rice would be the one picking up the phone when nobody is on the other end with all the ringing in his head that is going on. What Walton did to Toon to me was a criminal waste of talent 

Good Post only laughed becuase of your line about Jerry Rice picking up the phone....  :) 

The sad part there is more than a grain of truth to what you are saying here...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Good Post only laughed becuase of your line about Jerry Rice picking up the phone....  :) 

The sad part there is more than a grain of truth to what you are saying here...

??

• Upvote 1

Joe D might be trying to get one of the three 3rd round picks the Raiders have to trade back one spot. I could easily see Mayock having him #1 on his board.

It's a great rumor to start a bidding war with the raiders, 49ers and broncos who also have three 3rd rounders. Hopefully one bites.

• Post of the Week 1