CeeDee Lamb #1 WR on Jets board

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Why don't I see it on Matt Miller's own Twitter page?

It's in his latest article on Bleacher Report

NEW YORK JETS: Every source I spoke with still thinks the Jets go offensive tackle here, but I did learn throughout calls and texts this week that they are very high on Oklahoma wide receiver CeeDee Lamb. He's WR1 on the team's board and wouldn't be a surprise pick at No. 11 overall.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884704-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-2020-draft-rumors-for-every-nfl-team

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jets are leaking WR's they're interested in because they want to go tackle at 11.

So a team in front of them would draft Lamb instead of a tackle because the Jets leaked this? How’s that make sense 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

I still think LT needs to be the priority but don't be shocked if Douglas only likes 3 of the 4 OTs. Lamb would absolutely be my top WR, the guy is nothing short of incredible. My only knocks with Ruggs and Jeudy are they had 3 guys that could have gone first round this year at WR, I don't believe Lamb had that kind of help.

- We should draft whoever is going to be the best WR but I think Lamb is a WR that isn't easily replicated like a speedster or a crisp route runner. Just my couch GM opinion.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes - draft day jedi mind trick.

No - I'm thinking more along the lines of teams behind them being less likely to trade up if they want a tackle and think the Jets are going WR.

I think most the tackles will be off the board anyway by pick 11... you would thing the Giants Cards and Browns all take one 

Just now, Paradis said:

Yes. 

Man, how can anyone in the right mind have Jeudy under Lamb... Lamb has a ton of potential, but there's a lot of development work left too. That's insane. 

I think the guy they want is ruggs.  Draft ruggs and Pittman and the offense is transformed.  

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think most the tackles will be off the board anyway by pick 11... you would thing the Giants Cards and Browns all take one 

Giants are a wildcard - they can go a few different directions and will probably play a big part in how the first round plays out. Just basing that on doing a bunch of simulated mock drafts.

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I agree.

Which sux because I want Lamb...

Wouldn't mind Lamb at all! 

There's a lot of good WR's in this draft though, so we should be able to get some help for Darnold. I'd love to see us trade down with Dallas to #17 in the first and pickup their 2nd. Opens up a lot of possibilities for us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yes. 

Man, how can anyone in the right mind have Jeudy under Lamb... Lamb has a ton of potential, but there's a lot of development work left too. That's insane. 

i don't watch college, but our draft this year will be quite telling. I have seen us draft guys that when I look at them I'm like that doesn't look like a stud. The eye test, very unreliable but I think has some value. I dont want to draft a WR in the first round that is not 6 foot 4 or at least close. No 5 11 guys please. I know that littler guys could be amazing but you know wait I mean? I dont want a skinny lineman etc. If we are getting def guy I dont want him to be soft, I bought into the QW pikc but then I look at the guys and he is young little kids teddy bear looking guy. I know it is all just coincident but if Joe does go WR, if like two are on the same team, i wan the guys hwo produced more, if the top two guys are on defferent teams, I want the one that didnt have the robin to his batman, you know? 

I want a stud that passes the eyeball check and doesnt have any question marks, the one who was the man on his team, not the one who could be the man someday. 

I feel like we also take guys that didnt pass the eyeball check, no projects. Man last year remember the 3rd round. What a waste. terrible. 

Hopefully this year we get studs. 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Wouldn't mind Lamb at all! 

There's a lot of good WR's in this draft though, so we should be able to get some help for Darnold. I'd love to see us trade down with Dallas to #17 in the first and pickup their 2nd. Opens up a lot of possibilities for us.

We shall see soon enough whos left when its our turn