Last to post in this thread wins

So yesterday, Starbucks tried to kill me and Lowes tried to drive me insane.

You're lucky.  Lowes is better than Home Despot.  My friends have no car and are renovating their house.  I have driven them there at least every other week.  The husband buys at least 5 cans of spray foam a trip and the two weeks ago the wife spent over an hour debating which color white looked better.  "Do you like this white? Or this white?"  Starbucks I avoid like the plauge.  They don't make a good espresso and we found an Eritrean dude with a cart that is very good.

You're lucky.  Lowes is better than Home Despot.  My friends have no car and are renovating their house.  I have driven them there at least every other week.  The husband buys at least 5 cans of spray foam a trip and the two weeks ago the wife spent over an hour debating which color white looked better.  "Do you like this white? Or this white?"  Starbucks I avoid like the plauge.  They don't make a good espresso and we found an Eritrean dude with a cart that is very good.

I am going to avoid the Starbucks coffee from here on out.  I have eaten bad chicken a few times and never felt that bad.

As far as Lowes goes, you go there for a faucett hose and sprayer and you buy a universal hose and sprayer from the same company ...you would think they would be good to go.  Not so much.

Yup.

I had to go back.  I got a refund. 

I found two more and went to a guy there and confirmed what I thought.  It was not possible.  He confirmed.  It was too bad as I want the more heavy duty line.

Went back home and installed.  Lost a good two hours of my life looking at the instructions trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.  My wife wonders I like to pay for something to be done instead of Self Help Projects.

One thing is always true and that is:  It's too bad!

What got you sick at Starbucks?  One of those double skinny moccachinalattes?  I don't like them because the espresso is thin and watery and the coffee is too roasted and tastes burnt.  The only thing I would think would set off your stomach would be the milk products.   I would post the Sopranos Rape of the Culture clip from youtube, but it is nothing but profanity and I figure you guys now how to use youtube and search terms.

One thing is always true and that is:  It's too bad!

What got you sick at Starbucks?  One of those double skinny moccachinalattes?  I don't like them because the espresso is thin and watery and the coffee is too roasted and tastes burnt.  The only thing I would think would set off your stomach would be the milk products.   I would post the Sopranos Rape of the Culture clip from youtube, but it is nothing but profanity and I figure you guys now how to use youtube and search terms.

No.  It was a straight ice coffee.

My guess is the milk. 

I usually drink 2%.  On occasion I get a milk shake from Baskins, then the whole milk will mess me up for a few hours.

I order it with 2%.  If they made a mistake, I doubt there was that much milk in it. 

I was praying to throw up last night 8 hours after having it...just to get it out of my system.  Even now, I am a little gassy.

The only other thing I had was a Pumpkin Loaf.

2% the Cadillac of milks.  I'm not some Mary that can't drink whole milk though.  I will drink anything but skim.  I can't take looking at skim it looks blue. You never know what they put in the Pumpkin loaf!

Yeah, I am trying not to think about that.

LENT! THAT'S why I saw the ash stuff. 9 years of Catholic school and I don't know shiiiieeeeeeet. 

The Pope gave up a whole lot for this Lent it seems. 

I did something similar a few years ago...told a lady I worked with she had a smudge on her forehead...who knew.

What am I going to pack?  Vegetarian meatloaf?  You can't reheat pizza in the microwave and I like a serious lunch.  I will have cafeteria sushi - which is surprisingly good (at least at the Red Cross building) or DC pizza which isn't.

BS.   1:42 will reheat a slice or more of pizza.

What am I going to pack?  Vegetarian meatloaf?  You can't reheat pizza in the microwave and I like a serious lunch.  I will have cafeteria sushi - which is surprisingly good (at least at the Red Cross building) or DC pizza which isn't.

sandwich or wrap: egg salad, tuna, cheese, grilled veg, pb&j, bread and butter

noodles: sesame, udon, cold pad Thai yum, if you're afraid of the microwave, macaroni and cheese, macaroni and peas or chick peas, pasta salad

salads: macaroni, egg, potato, shrimp, garden topped with anything, tomatoes onions and olive oil, roast pepper, hummus

oh come on, you can do this. I know you can.

overcome your fear of nuking and the whole world of soup and leftovers is open to you.

or gas station sushi, lord help you.

im going back to sleep.

sandwich or wrap: egg salad, tuna, cheese, grilled veg, pb&j, bread and butter

noodles: sesame, udon, cold pad Thai yum, if you're afraid of the microwave, macaroni and cheese, macaroni and peas or chick peas, pasta salad

salads: macaroni, egg, potato, shrimp, garden topped with anything, tomatoes onions and olive oil, roast pepper, hummus

oh come on, you can do this. I know you can.

overcome your fear of nuking and the whole world of soup and leftovers is open to you.

or gas station sushi, lord help you.

im going back to sleep.

I've been doing this for a great many years.  It's not particularly difficult, but the change is annoying.  My current lunch options are rather limited.  We have expensive fine and not so fine dining, the ("gourmet") food trucks (not particularly inexpensive), a few sandwich shops, chain and Mom & Pop for GW and the cafeterias.  The cafeterias aren't bad depending on what you want.  Red Cross has some excellent fried catfish, but they had it Wednesday and I doubt they will have it again this soon. Besides, I don't like to repeat during the week.   I also like the giant burritos from Main, but I'm not getting one without pork or chicken.  

I don't like to bring my lunch because it is a pain in the ass just making dinner and carrying sh*t on the metro is no fun. What I am calling "gas station sushi" is pre-packaged sushi from the cafeteria.  The term comes from some insurance company where the guy makes a bad decision adn gets gas station sushi.  This stuff is actually made by sushi chefs on premises to order, but the line can be ridiculous if you aren't willing to wait in a line that is longer than your lunch break.  I will probably get a big pre-pack of tuna rolls today.  Besides, put enough wasabi and it all tastes the same!

There, now you know all about my lunch.  The sad thing is that Friday used to be Three Meat Colossus day at the Carnivore BBQ truck.  

Edited by #27TheDominator