5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yes he’s sort of “Theoretically” good. 

Yup. We have no idea what player we’ll get when he’s back.  
If he comes back as good as her was (which I think is highly unlikely) and Adams is back. This defense has a chance to be very good. Top 5 good. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In reality.  He made more of an impact in one partial game than Jamal Adams has made in his entire career to date.

Well that isn't true. Jamal won the Dallas game, the Jets lost the Buffalo game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well that isn't true. Jamal won the Dallas game, the Jets lost the Buffalo game.

We only lost the Buffalo game because he got injured, and the Jamal-led defense couldn't make plays when we needed it to.

Jamal made some nice plays against Dallas, no doubt about it.  Probably his best game as a Jet.  But while he was doing the flashy work, Arthur Maulet and the rest of the secondary was quietly impressive, allowing Jamal to make some of those "big plays". 

You have to remember that every time Adams was sent on a blitz, it put added strain on the rest of the secondary.  They handled that strain well that day.  That wasn't always the case, unfortunately.

Mosley, meanwhile, was a one-man wrecking crew.  Such a shame he got hurt.

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We only lost the Buffalo game because he got injured, and the Jamal-led defense couldn't make plays when we needed it to.

Jamal made some nice plays against Dallas, no doubt about it.  Probably his best game as a Jet.  But while he was doing the flashy work, Arthur Maulet and the rest of the secondary was quietly impressive, allowing Jamal to make some of those "big plays". 

You have to remember that every time Adams was sent on a blitz, it put added strain on the rest of the secondary.  They handled that strain well that day.  That wasn't always the case, unfortunately.

Mosley, meanwhile, was a one-man wrecking crew.  Such a shame he got hurt.

Well let me be clear I want no part in defending Adams. I like him I'd like him to be here for a long time but he is over hyped and what he's doing right now is ridiculous.

So it seems like a trade is the most likely outcome and that's fine with me.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well let me be clear I want no part in defending Adams. I like him I'd like him to be here for a long time but he is over hyped and what he's doing right now is ridiculous.

So it seems like a trade is the most likely outcome and that's fine with me.

So we're in agreement.  CJ >>> Adams.  :)

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Jamal didnt win sh*t...     he came free on a blitz and Dak flinched....

no sacks, NO INT, 1 TFL, 1 PD, 0 FF, 0FR.....

meanhwile Sam had 330+ on 70% and 2/1....  

i mean, if they're losing by 2 driving for a FG attempt and they're 3rd and 10 from they're own 45 and JA picks 6 to close out ? sure.

you can go ahead and say he won the game...  but THAT...  that is the weakest ever claim that a defensive player won the game for his team.

what Von Miller did in the SB? THATS a D player winning you the game...  ffs

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In reality.  He made more of an impact in one partial game than Jamal Adams has made in his entire career to date.

Understood, but you can’t be the best payer on the team if you are injured. 

I need to see him stay healthy for a few games for us before I pencil him in as our best player 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Understood, but you can’t be the best payer on the team if you are injured. 

I need to see him stay healthy for a few games for us before I pencil him in as our best player 

Groin injuries are indeed tricky.  But I'm looking at it like we're mostly going to get the Mosley back (80+ % of him) that excelled with the Ravens and part of 1 game for us.  If so, he's definitely the best player on the team.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Groin injuries are indeed tricky.  But I'm looking at it like we're mostly going to get the Mosley back (80+ % of him) that excelled with the Ravens and part of 1 game for us.  If so, he's definitely the best player on the team.

I hope he comes back strong. 

• Upvote 2

mosely certainly showed some seriously good talent in that buffalo game.  on that play he got injured he was running down a wr.  that's pretty darn fast not to mention his pick six int.  here's to hoping he comes back strong and ready to play.  these guys, even adams, need to get back into camp and start training.

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

He's played a total of 7 quarters as a Jet emoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png

Yes, and those 7 quarters included more impact plays than Jamal Adams has had in his career. 

And I didn't even want to sign the guy, nor do think he should have been signed in hindsight.  He was a poor allocation of resources, just like paying Jamal Adams would be. 

He's still a better player than Jamal Adams.  It's undeniable.  The only semi-reasonable argument is if he if doesn't recover from the groin injury to be, say, 80+ % of the player he was prior.  But until we know that for sure, you can't use that against him.