political thread ???

L3JET

I for one am very thankful to Jet Nation for allowing us to come here and post while TGG.com was down. I will continue to post here as well as other posters from the TGG.com and respect the rules of the JN.

Regarding political threads, I noticed that the mod don

I think fellow Jets fan are capable of having subtle political discussion/dialogue without going overboard.

Start a controversial political thread and see how fast subtle political discussion/dialogue goes out the window. Politics and religion inevitably end up in an ugly free for all where people line up on one side or the other and it gets personal in a hurry. bad idea.

I for one am very thankful to Jet Nation for allowing us to come here and post while TGG.com was down. I will continue to post here as well as other posters from the TGG.com and respect the rules of the JN.

Regarding political threads, I noticed that the mod don

We decided long ago that this is a FOOTBALL message board and religion and politics just don't belong here.

Im sure someone who likes to discuss politics has other avenues besides football forums to talk about it.

I though The Lounge (forum) is a forum to discuss all Off Topic items.

I though The Lounge (forum) is a forum to discuss all Off Topic items.

You got it!! Everything but Politics and religion...again rules we made when we first opened.

Take a **** in a ziplock bag and discuss how it smells for all I care....just don't say Jesus or George Bush made you do it.

:cheers:

You got it!! Everything but Politics and religion...again rules we made when we first opened.

Take a **** in a ziplock bag and discuss how it smells for all I care....just don't say Jesus or George Bush made you do it.

LOL....you guys really make me laugh...a lot

thanks

Regarding political threads, I noticed that the mod don’t like threads regarding politics. Why? I know many families and friends have a rule, often explicitly acknowledged, never to talk politics. This is one way of coping with the dissension that such topics can cause, but aren’t we losing something with this solution? Wouldn’t it be better if we actually could talk politics?

I really like talking about politics. I even like talking to people with different views than me. I think fellow Jets fan are capable of having subtle political discussion/dialogue without going overboard. Anyway, that’s just my opinion.

Peace out.

L3Jet - I'm the man you're looking for here. :)

As they have all said, the one thing we all agreed with from the nanosecond this board took off one year ago was to prohibit politics and religon. Our reason was simple: Since most everyone of us 'seperatists' came from Jets Insider, we've seen first hand what political and religious discussions do to a group of people supposedly united behind one cause (The Jets). The fact is, as a former JI Mod I think I can say this easily, that the political forum turned into an all out, absolute blood bath, and I was just as guilty of it as anyone. It didn't matter who was in it, what the topic was or how good of intentions the original poster had, it quickly delved into sheer chaos, arguing, name calling, personal attacks and it was absolutely ugly. While we might all be able to grab a beer face to face and talk like gentlemen, the fact is that over the internet, that just isn't going to happen. There's nothing there to maintain civility, since it's so easy to just result to name calling because the guy you're arguing with is 1000 miles away. I did it, everyone did it.I don't know how many times I lost it and ended the night with an apology. The same goes for a lot of other people

It was just a mess and it created unwanted and unneeded divisions between people. Perfect example - I consider Bob a good friend and it has been a pleasure know him since roughly 2001-2002. But our political views aren't even in the same ball park as each other and right and left we found ourselves on opposite ends of arguments. And for what? Do we really need it? We're both Jets fans, we should be binded by that and instead we were arguing over stuff that had nothing to do with the Jets. It just isn't worth it.

So it was nothing personal against you or any other TGG member, it's just I was maintaining an agreed upon policy, one that I will always support

So it was nothing personal against you or any other TGG member, it's just I was maintaining an agreed upon policy, one that I will always support

Guns,

I received the feedback form that you filled out. I regret to inform you that I have to turn down your request. Something about creating a political forum with you being the only moderator just doesn't seem right.

:P

Ive never seen a political discussion on a website turn out good. We decided long ago that this is a FOOTBALL message board and religion and politics just don't belong here.

Im sure someone who likes to discuss politics has other avenues besides football forums to talk about it.

The streets are for the people :>))

abbie_hoffman_big.jpg

Guns,

I received the feedback form that you filled out. I regret to inform you that I have to turn down your request. Something about creating a political forum with you being the only moderator just doesn't seem right.

:P

Come on max, it could be one-sided, just like the mainstream media. I could push my agenda, spread falsehoods, and abuse my position as I see fit. It would be a hell of a warm up for my future job at the NY Times. :)

Regarding political threads, I noticed that the mod don’t like threads regarding politics. Why? I know many families and friends have a rule, often explicitly acknowledged, never to talk politics. This is one way of coping with the dissension that such topics can cause, but aren’t we losing something with this solution? Wouldn’t it be better if we actually could talk politics?

I really like talking about politics. I even like talking to people with different views than me. I think fellow Jets fan are capable of having subtle political discussion/dialogue without going overboard. Anyway, that’s just my opinion.

Peace out.

Dude I recognize that signature. Who are you?

Edit** Forget it, I remember you now.

At other sites with political threads, the content is usually really shallow anyhow. Just schoolkids repeating what they heard on the radio. If you had anything thoughtful to say it would just get ignored.

It's best to leave those conversations to a website that will attract people who are genuinely interested in discourse.

Perhaps we could support a link to such a site and leave it at that...or just forget it altogether. Either option is fine by me.

At other sites with political threads, the content is usually really shallow anyhow. Just schoolkids repeating what they heard on the radio. If you had anything thoughtful to say it would just get ignored.

It's best to leave those conversations to a website that will attract people who are genuinely interested in discourse.

Perhaps we could support a link to such a site and leave it at that...or just forget it altogether. Either option is fine by me.

That's it Jerry I'm coming over to GR and kicking your ass! :)

You crack me up man. You bring some pithy comments to the discussion. Anyway, I will leave the political discussion alone.:) I don't sweat the petty stuff.

Peace out.

Archived