Training Camp Tweets 8/30 Green and White Scrimmage (jk it’s just a practice) Edition

kdels62

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Garbage.  

Theres about 6 pages you missed exploring your post about whether JD could have done more. There's a spectrum of answers/feelings on that one, but make no mistake, injuries are not what we're talking about.. Our #1 and #2 WRs would be no better than 3/4 on many other teams. The backend of OUR WRs wouldn't be on NFL teams, period. Healthy or not. 

Lynch has invested picks galore into giving his team weapons. To compare our two situations is prosimian in nature. If you think I'm dissapointed that Mims' hamstring is tight or Perriman's knee is bulky, then you need to go back to square 1. 

Other than  bringing in Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Deandre Hopkins and Amari Cooper collectively for a 5th round 2023 pick, what exactly do you think he should have done this offseason?  Who was the FA signing (to a different team, not Cooper) that we should have gone in big on?  I agree on the 4th round pick.  You may feel that we should have taken a WR in the 3rd instead of Davis, but would any pick in the 3rd or 4th rounds have changed your view of what JD did to address the need?  He could have taken a WR in the 1st and we'd be listening to similar complaints about how he did nothing to help the OL.  Personally, I think OL was the more important need at that point so I applaud the move to go OL, then WR.

I'm of the position that some problems are just too big to be fixed in a single offseason without creating different problems.  JD took a more conservative approach than some here would have liked.  That's a fair opinion but not necessarily an absolutely and irrefutably correct one.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Other than  bringing in Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Deandre Hopkins and Amari Cooper collectively for a 5th round 2023 pick, what exactly do you think he should have done this offseason?  Who was the FA signing (to a different team, not Cooper) that we should have gone in big on?  I agree on the 4th round pick.  You may feel that we should have taken a WR in the 3rd instead of Davis, but would any pick in the 3rd or 4th rounds have changed your view of what JD did to address the need?  He could have taken a WR in the 1st and we'd be listening to similar complaints about how he did nothing to help the OL.  Personally, I think OL was the more important need at that point so I applaud the move to go OL, then WR.

I'm of the position that some problems are just too big to be fixed in a single offseason without creating different problems.  JD took a more conservative approach than some here would have liked.  That's a fair opinion but not necessarily an absolutely and irrefutably correct one.

Also a part that was already explored. vv

20 hours ago, Paradis said:

You're not wrong in that - you can't fix the whole thing in year 1... AND we're very well positioned next year w/ cap + Picks...

But the nature of the game/team necessitates some level of competency in the present. A dumpster fire year will be caustic for the players and morale and development of those playing on sunday... you have to have some balance. 

The answer to your first part (what i would have done) is too long and not worth it  here. We've already done a full autopsy on this subject. JD is off to a good start, but he's not perfect. This team needs to be better prepared at WR... Good GMs will find away. that's why the job pays seven fcking figures, instead of the salary of your local Walgreens manager. 

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Trevor Lawrence plays in a system with lots of tough reads?  

I just want to be sure, stats matter when comparing Darnold and Lawrence, but not Fields and Lawrence?

Have you ever seen Trey Lance play?

"Lots more than Fields"?  No.  More than Fields?  Yes, absolutely.

Yes I have.  I firmly believe that if he takes another step he will cement himself as QB2.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"Lots more than Fields"?  No.  More than Fields?  Yes.

Yes I have.  I firmly believe that if he takes another step he will cement himself as QB2.

Except those steps won’t be taken this year.  Sadly we won’t see Fields at all and only see Lance once in a game against Arkansas State.  

Someone is going to have to get creative in the spring and expand the Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl rosters to accommodate more draft eligible players.   

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Except those steps won’t be taken this year.  Sadly we won’t see Fields at all and only see Lance once in a game against Arkansas State.  

Someone is going to have to get creative in the spring and expand the Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl rosters to accommodate more draft eligible players.   

Yeah man, it's a mess.  That's why I can't stress enough that I hope we aren't going QB unless it's Trevor.  He's the only one with enough "seasoning" when it's all said and done.  Fields and Lance need to return, but I don't think they will.

• Upvote 1