Training Camp Tweets 8/30 Green and White Scrimmage (jk it’s just a practice) Edition

kdels62

31 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This has probably been discussed, but Poole had to be a Covid case right?  2 weeks for dehydration?  Wasn't even on sidelines for a good portion of his missed time? 

my understanding was that COVID would have MANDATORY reporting as COVID...   

i still think he jacked up his kidneys a bit

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Mims was healthy, nobody is talking about the WRs. 

Fair point.  Won't disagree here.  I just don't like the decision to rely on a single rookie who is adjusting to the speed, physicality, and conditioning of the NFL to be the savior of your entire WR corps.  Emphasis on "a single rookie".

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

True but with all these injuries, there’s only so much darnold can do.  You look around the league and you see so many young impact players.  When are the jets going to have someone like mims or Q actually kick ass from the start of their careers?

The reality is that the Jets have to invest a ton of money into Darnold next year or they have to draft another QB. The fact that they’re rebuilding *and* have a ton of injuries adds some urgency to this decision because Darnold isn’t in a great position to succeed and the team has a great chance to be picking top five next year. It’s going to be hard to not pick Trevor Lawrence if, say, they’re picking at 2 and he’s staring them in the face. If Darnold is going to stay a Jet, he needs to carry these losers to a place where they’re picking 10th.

• Upvote 4

Just now, slats said:

Their top three guys are out right now with two of them due back well before the opener. I feel your current anxiety, and also wanted moar WR in the draft, but I’m not ready to say he’s botched it, yet.  

But I’m also convinced that at least one of the Jets’ opening day WRs is currently employed by another NFL. Either by trade or cuts, new blood will make it thru here. 

even if healthy , the top 3 guys are not good to bad 

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I suggest that our QB may have made some very accurate throws, that would render the coverage irrelevant...

and I get a thumbs down...  crazy....

I reiterate that Sam may have made very accurate throws and get another thumbs down...

thats critical thinking for you

5 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Are you even a jet fan...it seems all you do is espouse negative comments.  If you do not like the team then find another... BTW fact is when you OL is still not properly pass protecting - at least two sacks in practice today maybe more and your WRs are castoffs or UDFA what the hell do you expect?  No OTA, no Mini-camp , CORVID regime... and AG who in my opinion is the key...

Apologies LOS.... I read a couple more of your posts and believe your heart is in the right place... yes ...SAM has poor mechanics at times and does some head scratching stuff... lets see how this year plays out... 

My biggest concern has been the Off coaching staff specifically AG and his go fore OC.   

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Fair point.  Won't disagree here.  I just don't like the decision to rely on a single rookie who is adjusting to the speed, physicality, and conditioning of the NFL to be the savior of your entire WR corps.  Emphasis on "a single rookie".

Word. It’s definitely frustrating. If I were Douglas, I’d be offering that Seahawks first all over the league for a big receiver. It feels like, however, 30 teams are looking for receiver help. Maybe someone shakes loose in a week or two as some of these younger receivers step up and steal jobs. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He's right in the fact that easy to please/fool JN members might not being "talking" about it, but whether or not we talk about it doesn't change that the team's hopes were hung on a 2nd round rookie, and a journeyman deep threat. 

Sorry but isn't going to help this offense transform into a tesla

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

even if healthy , the top 3 guys are not good to bad 

Crowder is a GOOD NFL level slot WR.

Mims a ?  an RP an underperforming 1strnd draftee who has started 10 gamesin his career, who had a nice close out to last year and could be a decent WR2/3...

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The reality is that the Jets have to invest a ton of money into Darnold next year or they have to draft another QB. The fact that they’re rebuilding *and* have a ton of injuries adds some urgency to this decision because Darnold isn’t in a great position to succeed and the team has a great chance to be picking top five next year. It’s going to be hard to not pick Trevor Lawrence if, say, they’re picking at 2 and he’s staring them in the face. If Darnold is going to stay a Jet, he needs to carry these losers to a place where they’re picking 10th.

Ugh, hate completely agreeing with you. 

I think the play next year will be to build around Darnold unless Trevor Lawrence is there at their pick. Maybe continue to build the team and draft your next QB (if you need to) a year after they actually played college football. 

It all just sucks in properly evaluating Sam Darnold. All too very easily, I can see the Jets giving up on him so he can go on to become Steve Young for another franchise. Bill Belichick coaching him until he’s 82 would seem about right. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I believe this as well.  Word on the street in Pittsburgh is JuJu could be on his way out.  If there is even a fraction of a chance, then JD has to be as aggressive as he's ever been to get that done.

Is that “word on the street” legit stuff or just from the existing media reports? I keep reading the Steelers love the rookie they drafted and Diontae Johnson. Would be f’cking awesome to pair Sam with JuJu

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know, regardless of who the jets qb is, the 2020 draft is the first time in forever a jets gm has actually invested real draft picks to fix the offense.  But I’m not sure how much better darnold can do with this skill grouping.  Plus they took away a key wr he had chemistry with, Anderson.  The wrs darnold practiced with today are easily the worst in the nfl.  Rbs are below average.  OL is a work in progress.  We’re going to see a lot of darnold running for his life again, making some plays but not enough to beat better, more balanced teams.  And that’s before all these injjuries.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

He's right in the fact that easy to please/fool JN members might not being "talking" about it, but whether or not we talk about it doesn't change that the team's hopes were hung on a 2nd round rookie, and a journeyman deep threat. 

Sorry but isn't going to help this offense transform into a tesla

Agree with this as well.  My expectations are higher than "hey, our offense marginally improved from last year's horrendous showing. We're on the right track." 

Almost every single young QB around this league is in a better position than Sam, except Tua, who will sit and learn, and it's due to nothing more than gross negligence.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

But it's not just a single rookie, it's a first round talent that is out, but it is further compounded by Perriman and Smith being out, two experienced players who were at the top of the depth chart.  3 key players at one position, that has a tremendous trickle down effect, would affect every team in the league!

• Upvote 3

Just now, Augustiniak said:

You know, regardless of who the jets qb is, the 2020 draft is the first time in forever a jets gm has actually invested real draft picks to fix the offense.  But I’m not sure how much better darnold can do with this skill grouping.  Plus they took away a key wr he had chemistry with, Anderson.  The wrs darnold practiced with today are easily the worst in the nfl.  Rbs are below average.  OL is a work in progress.  We’re going to see a lot of darnold running for his life again, making some plays but not enough to beat better, more balanced teams.  And that’s before all these injjuries.  

All this is true, but can they justify paying Darnold coming off another ehh season regardless of the excuses? 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Agree with this as well.  My expectations are higher than "hey, our offense marginally improved from last year's horrendous showing. We're on the right track." 

Almost every single young QB around this league is in a better position than Sam, except Tua, who will sit and learn, and it's due to nothing more than gross negligence.  

I think the far majority of teams are in awful shape if one of their top two receivers goes down. Off the top of my head, the only teams that wouldn’t be screwed are Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Dallas. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is that “word on the street” legit stuff or just from the existing media reports? I keep reading the Steelers love the rookie they drafted and Diontae Johnson. Would be f’cking awesome to pair Sam with JuJu

as we've seen in the past - easier said than done. 

"hi juju?...

"Yo who this?"

"It's the new york jets. Listen, we'd like *CLICK*.... hello?"

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lawrence is the only QB I'm sacrificing Sam for.  Fields and Lance just aren't ready, IMO.

*Edit*

I have no idea why @Skeptable thumbs downed this post.  I am firmly in Sam's corner.  That being said, if we're in a position to draft Trevor, Sam failed miserably.

Because this whole site's love affair with Lawrence.... Sam Darnold was Lawrence... And then he wasn't... It's insane and out of control... From the games I watched of Lawrence, he was good but not a can't miss

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the far majority of teams are in awful shape if one of their top two receivers goes down. Off the top of my head, the only teams that wouldn’t be screwed are Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Dallas. 

the difference is, our top two WRs are WR3 and WR4 on other teams. We're heading to the tickle trunk earlier than any other team. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

But it's not just a single rookie, it's a first round talent that is out, but it is further compounded by Perriman and Smith being out, two experienced players who were at the top of the depth chart.  3 key players at one position, that has a tremendous trickle down effect, would affect every team in the league!

I get it.  I think I just would have preferred to bring in an additional WR like Demarcus Robinson, Paul Richardson, etc. and draft more than 1 WR, so that there was just a litttttle bit of a cushion there.  

When you have a young franchise QB, there is no such thing as "too many" WRs to surround him with.

PS:

Good to hear from ya bud ?!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

"hi juju?...

"Yo who this?"

Ha. But this would be a trade situation, so it’d work out like this: trade the Seahawks pick to the Steelers for JuJu, then the Steelers draft Rashod Bateman with that pick and then Bateman goes to the Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Because this whole site's love affair with Lawrence.... Sam Darnold was Lawrence... And then he wasn't... It's insane and out of control... From the games I watched of Lawrence, he was good but not a can't miss

I absolutely loved Sam when he came out.

He did not have the pedigree Lawrence does.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I believe it is.  However, my heart/gut tells me a move happens at the deadline, should one even be made.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I absolutely loved Sam when he came out.

He did not have the pedigree Lawrence does.

No but Lawrence is so overhyped it's ridiculous.... He is not Peyton... Let's try to stick with the first high qb the jets have drafted since Sanchez for more then 2 broken seasons before we start thinking about the next big bust.. 

Also that is why Sam should get more then another broken season to judge 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

"hi juju?...

"Yo who this?"

From what I understand, JuJu would absolutely LOVE to pair himself with Sam once again.

Greg Roman HC with Sam, Chase, Mims and JuJu?

?.