Training Camp Tweets 8/30 Green and White Scrimmage (jk it’s just a practice) Edition

kdels62

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You should get a phone call every night and hearing the anxiety.  Much worse than the occasional post.  Please forward your number to @Mogglez my son needs therapy.  LOL

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don't want to turn this into a Sam vs Lawrence thread, but there's just soooooo much to love about Trevor that this image makes my WAP extra wet:

89BAF56B-C578-4336-91FE-88B01E787651.thumb.jpeg.b5d23d7a68c82fcf7778281185354f79.jpeg

@Jet Nut does @Mogglez sing WAP around you? And do you know what WAP means? 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Hey, I was wanting to go WR 1st pick....

I getcha

They got a boarder line 1st round WR in Mims.  Sucks but if he were out there catching balls the outlook would be a hell of a lot better. 

Jets are being extra careful with their only weapon IMO 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

I don't think Robinson or Richardson are any better than what Hogan and maybe even Moncrief can bring.  I/m actually kind of excited to see Hogan as our #4 WR fill in, and maybe Moncrief has a come back.  Injuries derailed his career, but he was once a stud on the rise.

And if this is who I think it is, how you doing pal?  Hope all is well with you!

I reeeeeeeeally wanted Robinson, but will agree with you and admit to being higher on Moncrief than most here.  Mostly because I liked both of those guys when they came out for the draft.  Hogan providing anything will be a pleasant surprise for me.

If you're thinking of @Jet Nut's favorite son, yes it is haha.  Everyone and everything is great!  Just celebrated graduation and am in the process of switching jobs to something a little more up my techy side!

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’ll apologize in advance for Trevor not becoming a Jet.   For the same reason DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams, Deshaun Watson and Tee Higgins never became a Jet, Trevor will not as well.  I’m a jinx to any of the elite Clemson talent, instead I am burdened with the Charone Peake’s, Jordan Leggett’s and going back a while the Justin Miller’s of the world becoming a Jet.  My fault fellas, I’m very, very sorry.  

Could have wrote this same post about Darnold after his first season at USC

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

clearly the focus was on OL and secondary in FA.  

from douglas' standpoint, he's in year 1 of rebuild and he's stocked up major draft picks.  

from our standpoint it's been way too long since any gm has given fans reason to believe the offense will turn the corner.

maybe if mims were practicing and looking good, that would make many here feel better.  at some point, some of these offensive picks have to pan out, right?

You're not wrong in that - you can't fix the whole thing in year 1... AND we're very well positioned next year w/ cap + Picks...

But the nature of the game/team necessitates some level of competency in the present. A dumpster fire year will be caustic for the players and morale and development of those playing on sunday... you have to have some balance. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

But the nature of the game/team necessitates some level of competency in the present. A dumpster fire year will be caustic for the players and morale and development of those playing on sunday... you have to have some balance. 

Agree completely.  We need to show something on the offensive side of the ball to boost morale and seem to be in a better position to start winning.  Our defense has been decent to good for too long and that isnt enough to provide hope.  

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

I don't think Robinson or Richardson are any better than what Hogan and maybe even Moncrief can bring.  I/m actually kind of excited to see Hogan as our #4 WR fill in, and maybe Moncrief has a come back.  Injuries derailed his career, but he was once a stud on the rise.

And if this is who I think it is, how you doing pal?  Hope all is well with you!

i wouldn't lump Robinson in there, he's got oodles of talent and would be our #1 WR right now by a country mile. 

But yea, the rest of it is same sh*t different pile stuff. It's the fact that we're in this predicament that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

You're not wrong in that - you can't fix the whole thing in year 1... AND we're very well positioned next year w/ cap + Picks...

i know, at SOME point, someone in this organization has to overcompensate for the defensive focus/failures of this decade and make a statement that we're not going to suck on offense anymore.  did that mean paying robbie?  some will say yes.  does that mean drafting someone like dobbins instead of davis?  some say yes.  while injuries happen, depth can often mitigate them and the jets have always been so thin on wr talent anyway that whenever any injury happens it's magnified.  for most other teams losing vincent and jeff smith would be a yawn but for the jets, it's much bigger b/c these guys were supposed to be contributing right away.  and that's before you consider losing mims and perriman.

most fan bases are hopeful at the beginning of the season but it's hard to be that right now.  who will line up at wr for the jets?  how will the new OL handle the buffalo pass rush?  how will these older rbs be effective?  how will darnold adjust to constantly changing personnel?  seems like we're in for a lot of short flicks to crowder and herndon and ineffective screens.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

We also need to give Darnold enough NFL caliber weapons to be able to properly evaluate him.  Heading into year 3, we don't know what we have.  Cannot be in the same situation heading into year 4.

I hate that we constantly have to have this conversation. That problem should rear its head once in a blue moon.

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

We came into camp with a top 4 at WR of Perriman, Mims, Crowder and V Smith.  Only proven commodity out of those 4 was Crowder.  The other 3 included an unproven rookie, a former R1 pick with a great 5 game stretch to close last year, and a journeyman with 22 career catches who had some nice moments.  We were thin at the position to start with and needed everything to break right to have a solid WR corp.  Smith is out for up to 2 months.  Mims has missed all of camp so far, and while it sounds like Perriman has looked good, he is banged up too.  Far from ideal.

I like JD, like what he has done so far, but I think his handlling of the WR position has been weak.  

You are downplaying the rise and potential of Smith, and Perriman put together a monster 2nd half of the season seemingly finally blossoming into the player he was drafted and perceived to be.  First week of camp he was lighting it up and showing quick and early chemistry with Darnold.  You are downplaying his value and potential.  Mims is the unknown, fair, but. he's a first round talent that looked the part right up to when he went down with the hamstring...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i know, at SOME point, someone in this organization has to overcompensate for the defensive focus/failures of this decade and make a statement that we're not going to suck on offense anymore.  did that mean paying robbie?  some will say yes.  does that mean drafting someone like dobbins instead of davis?  some say yes.  while injuries happen, depth can often mitigate them and the jets have always been so thin on wr talent anyway that whenever any injury happens it's magnified.  for most other teams losing vincent and jeff smith would be a yawn but for the jets, it's much bigger b/c these guys were supposed to be contributing right away.  and that's before you consider losing mims and perriman.

Pretty much sums up our entire universe right now. 

1 minute ago, JetsRay said:

You are downplaying the rise and potential of Smith, and Perriman put together a monster 2nd half of the season seemingly finally blossoming into the player he was drafted and perceived to be.  First week of camp he was lighting it up and showing quick and early chemistry with Darnold.  You are downplaying his value and potential.  Mims is the unknown, fair, but. he's a first round talent that looked the part right up to when he went down with the hamstring...

A Rob siting?

How the hell are you?

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

We also need to give Darnold enough NFL caliber weapons to be able to properly evaluate him.  Heading into year 3, we don't know what we have.  Cannot be in the same situation heading into year 4.

It’s just maddening to think that this organization fails so miserably at acquiring offensive talent.   It’s like they’re not even attempting to provide him some skill players.   Next year you’ll have Mims and a bunch of free agent question marks.  It’s going to require using draft picks and trading draft picks for established talent next year to make any significant difference.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s just maddening to think that this organization fails so miserably at acquiring offensive talent.   It’s like they’re not even attempting to provide him some skill players.   Next year you’ll have Mims and a bunch of free agent question marks.  It’s going to require using draft picks and trading draft picks for established talent next year to make any significant difference.   

Its a new franchise with a new GM.  Lets see what he does with the rest off this offseason and another offseason before lumping them with Idzik and Macc. 

I hope

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I reeeeeeeeally wanted Robinson, but will agree with you and admit to being higher on Moncrief than most here.  Mostly because I liked both of those guys when they came out for the draft.  Hogan providing anything will be a pleasant surprise for me.

If you're thinking of @Jet Nut's favorite son, yes it is haha.  Everyone and everything is great!  Just celebrated graduation and am in the process of switching jobs to something a little more up my techy side!

LOL, favorite?  I'm quite familiar and fond of twin brothers who may have an argument! ;)

Congratulations on your graduation, and good luck, welcome to the real world!  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

At this point if we get Darnold at 92+ rating, 3800+ yards, close to or surpassing 2-1 TD int ratio and over 64% that's all I need to be happy. 

At this rate I think we wind up with him being a Stafford type guy. Aka a guy who's extremely respected for his talent and regarded as a good-great QB, but posts average numbers and gets a pass from people for being on a poverty team. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

It’s easier for brees and Mahomes to handle pressure because they have actual viable targets to throw to. 

If you’re Sam, not are you instantly pressured up the middle, but nobody has the ability to get open. Plus your coach is calling plays that take 10 seconds to develop when you only have 2 to throw.

There are a LOT of facts that going into making those percentages up.

He also had a total idiot of a coach in his Rookie year that thought it’d be fun to throw a Center into the mix for almost 3/4 of the season who was a Coin Flip to even give Darnold a clean snap hahaha.

So recap.....

1.  WRs who would never start on any other pro team (maybe Robbie Anderson at times)

2. One of the Worst OL’s in NFL history (actually 3rd worst in history even last year).

3.  No Running game..therefore no ability to even play-action...therefore a total jailbreak aimed at Sammy on every drop back, no need to ever respect the chance of a runner gashing for big yards because the D is too aggressive.

4.  A Center who can’t snap for half your career.

5. Receivers who rarely get any type of separation.

Gee I wonder why there might be problems with hitting plays when under pressure.

Its actually amazing that Darnold finished the 10th Rated passer in the NFL over the last 8 games.  I don’t know if Mark Sanchez would have won even 2 of the total 26 games played by Darnold with the pure garbage that has surrounded him.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A Rob siting?

How the hell are you?

Leeewwwwww....  Man, I'm good...  How the hell are you?   I just may have to make the trip down to Miami and rekindle old times since they appear to be letting fans in down there!  Hope you are well pal!!  On the golf course still?

I hear you guys about the WR situation, but lets not forget what a terrible situation Maccagnan left the organization. Douglas flipped, at least, 4 of last year's starters at OL. With the Jets cap situation next year, a bucket load of picks and a deep draft at WR, Jets could easily start Mims, Rondale Moore and Allen Robinson next year at WR. 

• Upvote 2