MAWAE to call PARCELS

spjets

Sounds like tampering to me. Lets actually file charges with the league this time. The charge is that the Cowboys informed Mawae they would be willing to pay Mawae his current salary if he gets cut. If true, Mawae has no reason to take a pay cut from the Jets knowing he will get his full salary to play with the Cowboys. Obvious tampering. Tagliaboob better get on the ball.

Sounds like tampering to me. Lets actually file charges with the league this time. The charge is that the Cowboys informed Mawae they would be willing to pay Mawae his current salary if he gets cut. If true, Mawae has no reason to take a pay cut from the Jets knowing he will get his full salary to play with the Cowboys. Obvious tampering. Tagliaboob better get on the ball.

Woah Woah Woah, No need to overreact here. Lets not jump off the deep end here.

I take these stories with suspicion -without knowing the true story Kevin needs to restucture to save this team some money- if he is the team guy he says he will

faba, they all talk a lot of ****...money is the bottom line with 98% of these guys. He's a "team guy" to an extent...I can remember when I worked for a major airline that jerked its employees around worse than a yo-yo. Most employees said, if you want to **** with us, I can live with that...but, don't touch our money. It's no different in the NFL.

stories ???? i heard him say it in an interview on sirius radio...

I take these stories with suspicion -without knowing the true story Kevin needs to restucture to save this team some money- if he is the team guy he says he will

you hear a lot of this team talk. Herm was all team yet a week after he promised his team (I'll never lie to you") that he was staying he was gone. And Chad was Mr. Team, yet he is willing to leave the Jets high and dry with this cap hit, not even knowing whether he can throw a ball or not, when he has already pocketed 22 million of their money. Because he played hurt in 2004. that supposedly justifies everything. How many years has Curftis played hurt? It is always about the money. Why do we even bother listening to these hypocrites? Just watch the games. They are like lawyers. You know they are lying when their lips are moving.

Did Kevin say it on sirius or did someone say they heard Kevin say it??

Also I have read some reports that the jets have not asked him to

take a cut..

he was on a show on sirius and he said it to the host....im not one of these a-holes bullsh!tin everyone..

he was on a show on sirius and he said it to the host....im not one of these a-holes bullsh!tin everyone..

spjets I am not questioning you-there are so many of these rumors floating around right now on that I am a born skeptic on what is really the truth

faba, they all talk a lot of ****...money is the bottom line with 98% of these guys. He's a "team guy" to an extent...I can remember when I worked for a major airline that jerked its employees around worse than a yo-yo. Most employees said, if you want to **** with us, I can live with that...but, don't touch our money. It's no different in the NFL.
That's true with most guys, but Mawae has already redone his deal twice. I know spjets wouldn't BS us, but I'd like to see a report.

I heard that same interview on the Afternoon Blitz, and I don't remember him saying anything like that. I remember Adam asked him about working for Parcells and how the facility was run. Later on when he mentioned if he get cut, and you see Parcells calling on the caller ID, do you answer? Mawae said that at 35 years of age and being without a job, you answer every phone call. Maybe I missed something but it seemed like a hypothetical situation, not something that actually happened?

If Mawae doesn't take a pay cut and is released by the Jets, I'm certain his phone will ring.

Mawae's biggest gamble, in my opinion, is that if he does decide to test the market, and does not get an offer that is well above what the Jets are offering, will the Jets offer still be on the table?

I heard that same interview on the Afternoon Blitz, and I don't remember him saying anything like that. I remember Adam asked him about working for Parcells and how the facility was run. Later on when he mentioned if he get cut, and you see Parcells calling on the caller ID, do you answer? Mawae said that at 35 years of age and being without a job, you answer every phone call. Maybe I missed something but it seemed like a hypothetical situation, not something that actually happened?
So sp heard it wrong. Thought there might be something missing. Thanks for clearing that up.

I never said you were wrong, but just think about it. A player under contract says on a national program he is going to call a head coach of another team about a job? I know he did talk about Parcells, and Adam mentioned what would he do if Parcells called him if/when the Jets cut him. That's all i'm saying, not trying to prove you wrong.

I never said you were wrong, but just think about it. A player under contract says on a national program he is going to call a head coach of another team about a job? I know he did talk about Parcells, and Adam mentioned what would he do if Parcells called him if/when the Jets cut him. That's all i'm saying, not trying to prove you wrong.

cool,

Archived