Jets DL on PFF

maury77

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

oh, just the corner and the pass rusher. Good thing those are the easy ones to find. 

I'm not denying the lack of talent on the defense.   Many posters want to got offense with the first 3 draft picks, and that's hard to argue. 

I'm just saying if they went corner with one of those (not the #1 obviously) that I can't fault that thinking.  I do believe you are less inclined to find a good pass rusher in the 28-35 range as compared to corner.

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am not worried about ilbs at all, probably the lowest value position in todays nfl and you can get decent ones anywhere.

That, and you play so much nickel that a team doesn't really need 2 elite ILB, if one will he sitting half the time cause the team in in nickel defense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, chirorob said:

I'm not denying the lack of talent on the defense.   Many posters want to got offense with the first 3 draft picks, and that's hard to argue. 

I'm just saying if they went corner with one of those (not the #1 obviously) that I can't fault that thinking.  I do believe you are less inclined to find a good pass rusher in the 28-35 range as compared to corner.

2nd biggest need on this team, that would create the greatest opportunity to get better, is that #1 CB. I t would be nice if that guy was a FA, but those guys typically don't shake loose.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

2nd biggest need on this team, that would create the greatest opportunity to get better, is that #1 CB. I t would be nice if that guy was a FA, but those guys typically don't shake loose.

Our last 2 big FA corner signings didn't pan out too well.

18 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Our last 2 big FA corner signings didn't pan out too well.

Well that was because Maccagnan was making the signings.  Anyone with any sense recognized that Trumaine Johnson was a CB2 and press corner to which Macc handed high-end CB1 money.  He only had success with the Rams because of the pass rush they had there.  

Perhaps Douglas will be far better when it comes to making smart FA signings.  I doubt we can find a CB1 on the open market but perhaps he can grab a decent CB2, Bryce Hall will continue to develop nicely, and eventually he can find the CB1 in the draft.

There are so many slots to fill, there’s no way we can stop the bleeding in a single offseason.   Well over 50% of the starters on the team are playing backup lvl or below.  And as we’ve learned, it’s better to replace two backup lvl guys with average players, then it is to replace one backup with a star.

Then there is the depth problem...  what a mess.

You can’t fix everything in FA and the first three rounds of a draft.  You have to hit on your developmental guys/practice squad players and UDFA, which we haven’t done since Robbie Anderson.  That’s why this roster is like 20 competent players back compared to an avg NFL team.