Thoughts on Fields?

GreekJet

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Then you draft TL and let him sit for 1st half of season. Surround Sam with talent and see if he can elevate his game. If so you flip him for a #1 + other picks. If he takes you to the playoffs franchise his ass and determine what to do with 2 quality QB’s

This whole keep Sam for 2021 and draft another QB isn’t something I’ve really considered but the more I think about it, makes sense. Good point.

With a better coaching staff and upgraded playmakers/OL we can possibly increase Sam’s trade value while the rook learns.

1 hour ago, Cp561 said:

Maybe you should watch more of his tape, he has proven over the years he can make the big time pro level throws with accuracy and touch. He didn't look great yesterday but thankfully, the people who make the decisions watch all the tape and not just one game ?

Well.... one would hope. All I know is what I saw- cover 2 man with man on the outside with inside blitzes. He looked confused and rattled- he looked like you know who.  

Isn't Lawrence 6-6"? Much better for dealing with NFL lineman from a release standpoint. Plus he's very deceptive when he runs, long strides & eats up ground. Very perceptive of defenders speed (gets as much as he can along the sideline & steps out), and very athletic for such a tall dude & can even slide as well as smaller guys. Built like Tarzan, plays like Tarzan. 

He could really be a PITA to defend in the NFL around the goal line, yes, he threw a Redzone pick, but he hadn't played in 5 weeks in this crazy Covid atmosphere. Go back and look at Trevors numbers in the Redzone, they are insane! So, you can say yes, he's played overmatched teams, but when you shrink the field is when you learn the most about QBs, much easier to sling it around between the 20s. He can run like Allen if you need him to but he's also already more accurate than Allen was before he was drafted. 

We have got to lose these last 3 games! I say 3 because there ain't no way in hell we're winning in Seattle! Wilson gets a lead, Pete Carroll & Jamal Adams get revenge on the lowly Jets! Adams blitzes 80% of the time next Sunday.