Disgraceful Loss. Jets Just Embarrassed the NFL

9 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

If we finish the tankathon, let's hook up in Cleveland and cheer the draft.  I'll buy.  lol

I wouldn't set foot in Cleveland if I was selected to announce the Trevor pick at the podium.  I value my life far too much.  Thank God for Zoom technology.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

I wouldn't set foot in Cleveland if I was selected to announce the Trevor pick at the podium.  I value my life far too much.  Thank God for Zoom technology.

I tend to agree here but I did just talk to my adult kids and offer to pay for the whole experience as long as the Jets have the overall #1.  Once in a lifetime.  I was a broke parent of two when the last time the Jets were in this position.  Fukk it, its a good reason to party and the immunizations should be out by then.

12 minutes ago, King P said:

For those that still think the Jets purposely lost, Dan Orlovsky pulling up receipts showing otherwise

Apples to orange.  In the above example, Denver only needed a FG to win the game and were 10-15 yards away with 43 seconds left on the clock.  On top of that, there was a deep safety in the above example. 

In today's case, there were 13 seconds left and ~45 yards for a TD.  GW put a rookie UDFA on one of the fastest WRs in the league.  There were 3 WRs single-covered and no safety help.  That plus there was a "spy" LB on Carr.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean there is only a 30-40yd difference between what the opposing team needs in that clip but other than that exactly the same.

also

And 43 seconds in the Orlovsky example (compared to 13 seconds left today) plus Denver only needed a FG to win in Orlovsky's example (compared to the Raiders needing a TD to win today).

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Apples to orange.  In the above example, Denver only needed a FG to win the game and were 10-15 yards away with 43 seconds left on the clock.  On top of that, there was a deep safety in the above example. 

In today's case, there were 13 seconds left and ~45 yards for a TD.  GW put a rookie UDFA on one of the fastest WRs in the league.  There were 3 WRs single-covered and no safety help.  That plus there was a "spy" LB on Carr.

You sound sad.  Stay strong!

27 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I tend to agree here but I did just talk to my adult kids and offer to pay for the whole experience as long as the Jets have the overall #1.  Once in a lifetime.  I was a broke parent of two when the last time the Jets were in this position.  Fukk it, its a good reason to party and the immunizations should be out by then.

I dont think it will be any different than last year.  Draft will probably be held remotely.  Vaccine will not be ready to be fully dispersed by then.  And of all cities to hold the draft -Cleveland? 

https://www.areavibes.com/cleveland-oh/

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean there is only a 30-40yd difference between what the opposing team needs in that clip but other than that exactly the same.

also

The point is, Gregg Williams does this all the time regardless of the situation. It's his MO

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

The fake outrage over the loss today is beyond laughable.  We are 4 games
away from:

- Having the ability to draft the "next big thing" at QB
- Basically having three first round picks (#1, #25, #33)
- Having five premium picks in the first 3 rounds.  And with a tradeable
asset in Darnold potentially adding a sixth one
- Having the most cap space in a year when the cap is going down

Stop the fake crying your embarrassing yourself 

If the Patriots , Giants or another team did this to grab the 1st pick and we finished 2nd would you feel the same.  This was a BS move and everyone knows it. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because when I need a knowledgeable football opinion, my go-to guy is Booger McFarland.

Gregg Williams is going to be fired in a couple of weeks.  He didn’t blow the game on purpose.

And Dan Orlovosky who ran out of his own endzone in an NFL game is the go to when it comes to football knowledge.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Why did they stop them on the second to last drive?

Again what happened prior in the game has no bearing . Williams had 13 seconds with the game on the line and this is what he chose to do.  He either tanked and he'll be DC tomorrow morning or he made a blunder which should have had him fired the minute he got in the locker room.

Don’t really understand what’s the big deal here... we needed to lose and found a way to do so. Whether it was on purpose or not does it really matter? It’s not proveable by any stretch and even if we did do it on purpose it’s about time we got something right

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again what happened prior in the game has no bearing . Williams had 13 seconds with the game on the line and this is what he chose to do.  He either tanked and he'll be DC tomorrow morning or he made a blunder which should have had him fired the minute he got in the locker room.

So, Williams did this all by himself, got it.

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And Dan Orlovosky who ran out of his own endzone in an NFL game is the go to when it comes to football knowledge.  

Dan Orlovsky breaks down film on a weekly basis and he does an excellent job of it.  There are plenty of former players who weren’t good, but made great analysts.

Booger McFarland is best known for the “Booger mobile” and being awful at breaking stuff down as a MNF announcer.

Go read Booger’s replies on Twitter.  He thinks Gregg threw the game because he hates Gase and wants to put 0-16 on Gase’s record.  Do you believe that to be the case, or is it more likely that Williams is a blitz happy coordinator who has a history of doing this, for better or worse?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because when I need a knowledgeable football opinion, my go-to guy is Booger McFarland.

Gregg Williams is going to be fired in a couple of weeks.  He didn’t blow the game on purpose.

I was literally going to say...

It's a sad day when we're using Booger freaking McFarland to back up our viewpoints LMFAO

• Haha 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

Dan Orlovsky breaks down film on a weekly basis, and does an excellent job of it.

Booger McFarland is best known for the “Booger mobile” and being awful at breaking stuff down as a MNF announcer.

Go read Booger’s replies on Twitter.  He thinks Gregg threw the game because he hates Gase and wants to put 0-16 on Gase’s record.  Do you believe that to be the case or is it more likely that Williams is a blitz happy coordinator who has a history of doing this, for better or worse?

I don't care if Williams is Rex Ryan on steroids - there is no defending what he did on those last two plays in this game. Its the defensive equivalent of going for a two point conversion when a XP will give you the win. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I don't care if Williams is Rex Ryan on steroids - there is no defending what he did on those last two plays in this game. Its the defensive equivalent of going for a two point conversion when a XP will give you the win. 

Absolutely nobody in this thread, especially me, is arguing that what he did wasn’t stupid or defending him. However, there is zero logical explanation as to why he would purposefully throw a game to “help” a team “tank” for a QB, when that team is going to fire him in a couple of weeks.  He, like everyone else on that staff, knows that they need to be putting their best work on film because they are auditioning for their next jobs.  For whatever reason, Gregg thinks being super aggressive, no matter what the down, distance, or situation, is his best coaching trait.  This is what you get when you hire Gregg Williams.  For better or worse.  He called the same exact 0 blitz last year against Dallas, and it won them the game.

• Upvote 1

My understanding is that Williams had them stop playing defense enough to be down by 11, then had them play defense to facilitate 17 Jets points in a row then had them continue to play defense to stop them from going ahead at the end of the game then saw the offense not able to get a first down after that stop and said "This is my big chance to land a quarterback for a franchise I'm not going to be working for in 5 weeks" and had them not play defense at the end. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Nobody is defending what he did, but we're saying it's another example of Greg Williams being an arrogant narcissistic prick rather than him deliberately throwing a game (which sounds completely ludicrous to take seriously) 

• Sympathy 1