Taylor Ham Located In Michigan

The Gun Of Bavaria

66_2.JPG

A gift from the East Coast gods, after living in Michigan for a total of 24 out my 31 years, I've finally found Taylor Ham in a local store this week.

For fans of Taylor Ham, u know my excitement.

In related news GOB's Cardiologist just bought a new boat.

66_2.JPG

A gift from the East Coast gods, after living in Michigan for a total of 24 out my 31 years, I've finally found Taylor Ham in a local store this week.

For fans of Taylor Ham, u know my excitement.

It's good stuff.

Years ago I worked a Boar's Head route, and got to try a lot of different stuff in delies and smokehouses. I loved the German food when I went to Milwaukee.

Taylor has a uniquely good taste to it.

I was shocked when I learned that much of the country doesn't know of the awesomeness that is Taylor Ham / Pork Roll.

Such a tragedy.

my brother lives in GA...they dont sell it near him either..my mom sends a bunch down there too..

got some in the fridge right now-you can find it in Publix down here-still haven't ever found it in a rest.yet in Florida though-now if we could only get White Castle (ratburgers as we used to call 'em) and not the frozen ones then I could report this state is on the upswing

got some in the fridge right now-you can find it in Publix down here-still haven't ever found it in a rest.yet in Florida though-now if we could only get White Castle (ratburgers as we used to call 'em) and not the frozen ones then I could report this state is on the upswing

Funny u say that - When my parents lived in Boca Raton and I went to visit I stockpiled the stuff for the return. As for White Castles, we have those up here. If I can find East Coast Crumb Buns then the revolution is complete! YooHoo, Taylor Ham, Crumb Buns and White Castle

Ok, so this "taylor ham" stuff....no offense, but is it ground up like spam? or like those tiny cans of Hormel Deviled ham?

And who in Michigan has it? (I work in Farmington)

Jerry - You work in Farmington but live West of Lansing - That's one commute. And since you work 10 min away from me, when are we grabbing a beer?

Taylor Ham is a "pork roll" for lack of a better term. It comes in a roll wrapped in a cloth like wrap. You cut slices off of the roll and fry them on a skillet. It's always important to cut into the slice somewhere or the slice will curl up and make it hard to cook. I found it at the Nino Salvaggio's Market in Clinton Township.

I just finished my breakfast consiting of 2 slices of Taylor Ham, American cheese and Rye bread. I fully expect to be dead of heart disease by 3pm. :)

I'll stop by there sometime and grab some...thanks. I'll be getting some prochuttio from them too. This week we found out how to make Carrabba's Marsala sauce, and we plan to be eating Chicken Marasla 3x week until we die from it in about a month.

The commute is just over an hour, and I'm about to request working in Lansing a few days/wk...not a problem so far.

You may think less of me after hearing this, but I was in Royal Oak a few times last year. I decided to challenge myself and did a few stints at Mark Ridleys. I think I did pretty well, but had to quit -- too busy at home. One evening your jeep was parked across the street, but I'm sure you were out in a cruiser. And you wouldn't have wanted to watch anyhow. :)

Funny u say that - When my parents lived in Boca Raton and I went to visit I stockpiled the stuff for the return. As for White Castles, we have those up here. If I can find East Coast Crumb Buns then the revolution is complete! YooHoo, Taylor Ham, Crumb Buns and White Castle

Hey guns last time I was in Jersey I had to make a pit stop at the White Castle on Rt 22 before hitting Newark airport and I brought home a BOX of burgers about 50 I think-the cargo area had to smell like a greasepit by the time we landed in West Palm-I can imagine the Weinsteins from Boca unloading their bags.."Sol do you smell hamburgers?"

Archived