New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

25 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow! He’s been playing poorly but this was not expected. I wonder if Georgie called out Tony are the other way around. 

They waived him, there's more to it than just this one incident, and his poor play 6 games in to a 2 year 9 million $ contract. He had 50 points last season and got 3 Norris trophy votes, but he also has a checkered past. He has been very out spoken about politics and COVID on social media. There's no room for free speech in America anymore. #1984

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

They waived him, there's more to it than just this one incident, and his poor play 6 games in to a 2 year 9 million $ contract. He had 50 points last season and got 3 Norris trophy votes, but he also has a checkered past. He has been very out spoken about politics and COVID on social media. There's no room for free speech in America anymore. #1984

Yes you’re right. Cancel culture is why I’ve never touched FB & Twitter. Even my twin 20 yr. old boys and my 18 yr. old stay away from social media. If you lean blue you can say whatever you want however 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yes you’re right. Cancel culture is why I’ve never touched FB & Twitter. Even my twin 20 yr. old boys and my 18 yr. old stay away from social media. If you lean blue you can say whatever you want however 

Hopefully we’ll get some more details on what happened but if part of the reason he’s getting waived is because of “controversial” (conservative) political views then that really pisses me off. It’s amazing the way these people talk about unity and then they take measures to wipe us out. They’re trying to silence conservatives like me, and it sounds like maybe you guys too. I sincerely fear for what’s in store. If it’s all about him getting into it with Geo paired with his poor play then I understand. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Just deleted by FB account 2 weeks ago.  Never had Twitter etc.  This page is the most social media I’ll do.  Just switched search engines to duck duck go as well.   

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Just deleted by FB account 2 weeks ago.  Never had Twitter etc.  This page is the most social media I’ll do.  Just switched search engines to duck duck go as well.   

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Me too with DDG. My wife told me they don’t track like google 

Might want to look into https://brave.com/ I use that browser with duck duck go. It blocks ads and tracking, but unfortunately if you are using Android or Apple they are probably getting your data anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Might want to look into https://brave.com/ I use that browser with duck duck go. It blocks ads and tracking, but unfortunately if you are using Android or Apple they are probably getting your data anyway.

I’m reading the Snowden autobiography.   Totally fukked up what’s happening.  Everything we do. 

• Upvote 2

I can't believe someone would start these rumors. Tony D retrieved the puck and immediately gave it to the training staff for framing. Shame on whoever started this crap!

Defenseman K’Andre Miller’s agent, as well as a Rangers source, refuted a report that his teammate Tony DeAngelo kept the puck from Miller’s first NHL goal. Miller’s agent Ian Pulver told ESPN: “It’s K’Andre’s understanding that the NYR equipment manager, or whoever is responsible for getting it, has the puck and that it’s being framed like other first goals. At no time did he think otherwise.” DeAngelo was put on waivers Sunday after "a minor altercation" with teammate Alexandar Georgiev.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41106827-4

The report on @BlueshirtBanter stated that DeAngelo’s alleged mistreatment of Miller “caught the attention and ire of multiple players" and included an incident that “involved DeAngelo keeping the puck from Miller’s first NHL goal scored against the Sabres” in a game on Jan. 26. A source close to the Rangers indicated that while DeAngelo was seen collecting the puck from the Sabres’ net, he immediately handed it to the training staff and that the puck is due to be sent out for framing this week. I also asked a source about the relationship between Miller and DeAngelo on @NYRangers and was told “it was a normal teammate relationship.” So take all of this for what it's worth. At least when it comes to the "stolen puck," a lot of pushback on that report.

• Upvote 1

Don’t know what to make of this whole situation. I liked TD play, his views don’t bother me for the simple fact that if you lean far the other way it’s cool. Hoping this has to do with a lot more than what is out there. 

Also doesn’t amaze me that there’s potential fake story involving a player of another color and a right wing player. 

So much for hockey being incubated from sh*t like this because it’s cool factor was non existent with all the “influencers”

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Also doesn’t amaze me that there’s potential fake story involving a player of another color and a right wing player. 

They’re constantly looking for trouble. There is so little racism(and this term is so watered down because anyone who’s not a leftist is called this) that they have to make it up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Don’t know what to make of this whole situation. I liked TD play, his views don’t bother me for the simple fact that if you lean far the other way it’s cool. Hoping this has to do with a lot more than what is out there. 

So much for hockey being incubated from sh*t like this because it’s cool factor was non existent with all the “influencers”

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

They’re constantly looking for trouble. There is so little racism(and this term is so watered down because anyone who’s not a leftist is called this) that they have to make it up. 

Not here guys, plenty of places for you to share your personal and political views on the internet. This isn't one of them, keep it to sports.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Not here guys, plenty of places for you to share your personal and political views on the internet. This isn't one of them, keep it to sports.

Sorry didn’t really think it was a political statement. 

Gonna stay away from this one because it’s almost impossible to talk about this move without thinking political views had a part of it 

• Upvote 1

I liked his offense last year but defensively he was always a bit of a liability.  Fast forward to this year where his defense has become worse to start the year and the offense was missing.  These must be more to this story.

I wonder how much of the $9 million counts against the cap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

I liked his offense last year but defensively he was always a bit of a liability.  Fast forward to this year where his defense has become worse to start the year and the offense was missing.  These must be more to this story.

I wonder how much of the $9 million counts against the cap.

Sounds like he'll be traded.

GM Jeff Gorton says Tony DeAngelo has played his last game for the Rangers

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

JD sets the record straight, no truth to the rumors regarding Tony D and K' Andre Miller.

“That is 100 percent false,” he said. “There is no truth to it whatsoever. And for people to write things like, other people to digest it is just wrong. It’s sad, actually.

couldn't of said it better 

• Upvote 2