New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

We would need to return a Center and then a few other players. We’re deep on Defense...... especially on the left side. 

Chytil, Miller and a couple of picks or do you float Kravtzov? Steep price for a proven offensive weapon. Doesn’t seem like the right time to me. Team is surging and 2 big games against Pitt. I personally stay put and let the chemistry with the young kids grow. We’ve got some fine young talent in the pipeline.

Eichel UFA in ‘26 at age 28. No trade clause 22/23 season on. $10 m/APY w/ $7.5 SB due in ‘23 season. Not a bad contract for that level of talent.

I don't want to part with Chytil or Miller, we don't really know what we have in Kravtsov, but he is always clutch in the KHL, he comes up big in their playoffs. (Already has 2 goals in 2 games)

A fan I know can't stand Eichel now and wants him gone. Buffalo was asking way too much in the off season, but maybe that's because they really didn't want to trade him.

Ideally I would want to add him to Mika, but I don't want to trade our top prospects for him. If Tony D, Mika and a few 2nd tier guys could get it done, they have to consider it.

Mika is a UFA in 22-23 he's having a bad season and might be hurt again. I don't know if Buffalo has come down, or what they are being offered, or if they would even want Tony D or Mika, but an Eichel trade looks inevitable.

GMs should be smart, the Sabres are not negotiating from a place of strength. I would not trade away too much for him.

• Upvote 2

The Penguins - This is the right test for us at the right time.

The Penguins are the team immediately above us in the standings and so we effectively have two four-point games in a row against those guys.  The Rangers are improving and while there are still a bunch of players who need to get back into the line up, most importantly the bread man, this test comes at the right time.

Do we really get ourselves into the group vying for the four available playoff spots or drop back into a limbo just above the Sabres and the Devils and losing touch with the plyoff group?  The choice is on us.  I hope Quinn has the team ready to go at the drop of the puck this evening.  No excuse for slow starts and the Pens played yesterday too so no disadvantage to either team there.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Islanders ran into the Sabres at the right time for three quick wins in four days

Yeah….  Unfortunately Sabres were no match and Eichel whispers will continue to grow. 
Sending a message to Pitt these next 2 games will put them on their heals and have Ranger confidence sky high heading into Philly series. Looking forward to the game 2night. Have you been to the Garden yet? I live near Harrisburg Pa and I’m jonesing on getting to MSG for Knicks/RAngers

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah….  Unfortunately Sabres were no match and Eichel whispers will continue to grow. 
Sending a message to Pitt these next 2 games will put them on their heals and have Ranger confidence sky high heading into Philly series. Looking forward to the game 2night. Have you been to the Garden yet? I live near Harrisburg Pa and I’m jonesing on getting to MSG for Knicks/RAngers

I have not been to the garden since they started to let people back in.  i am getting my 2nd shot of the vaccine on Friday so I may start to consider a few things which have been off limits for a while like poker for example.  I used to play 3 or 4 times each week at least but have not sat down at an in-person poker game for a year.

• Upvote 1

These 2 games against Pittsburgh are huge!

Sucks that Panarin is still out, everybody is going to have to keep stepping it up.

Kreider, Strome, Buuch, Fox and Lindgren have been really good in his absence. Miller has been playing ahead of schedule, need to get more out of Laffy and Kakko who both have tremendous upside.

It's good to have Chytil back and Trouba too. I really hope Mika snaps out of it now, we need him to get the magic back to make a serious run.

There are allot of reports that Eichel will be a Ranger.

https://blueseatblogs.com/2021/03/02/one-nhl-exec-jack-eichel-will-be-a-new-york-ranger/

The Young Guns are Untouchable

This is the rub with any Eichel to the Rangers scenario. The Rangers are not going to include K’Andre Miller, Adam Fox, Alexis Lafreniere, Kaapo Kakko, or Igor Shesterkin in any trade. Not even for Jack Eichel. The Rangers reportedly balked last summer when Buffalo asked for Kakko.

Buffalo needs a goalie, they can have Georgie.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Pittsburgh got the better of this one, Rangers have to answer back in the next one.

Yeah, those 3 minutes in the 1st when Pitt scored 3 straight was tough. 1 soft goal given by Georgie and bad angle on another. Defense didn’t clear the crease. Mallon, Crosby line are so in tune. Every pass crisp and players fill the lanes. Textbook 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

The real problem last night in addition to the brain fart was that we did not add on at least one or even two more goals when we were up by a goal.  There were many many chances to do so.

Yup, and once Pittsburg got the lead they did an excellent job of minimizing our chances.