Prospects the Jets have met with virtually

nyjbuddy

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/alim-mcneill/P8aBf5hctd

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/darius-stills/Vx5iGE6uEF

Jaret Patterson may be one that rises up draft boards.  From Dynasty Draft Room: 

“He’s a good athlete and will make some good cuts along with some nice spin moves and will even jump over guys from time to time. He has solid vision and does well in a zone run scheme. He has enough speed and shiftiness to make him dangerous in the open field. I like his patience behind the line of scrimmage to set up open holes for himself.”

He burst onto the scene after a 301 yard, 4 TD performance followed up by a 409 yard, 8 TD performance the next week.

Did not have a virtual meeting but had a "great connection".

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Patterson is one the last guys I have to watch. I saw him on game highlights throughout the year, I’m intrigued. 

He's a guy whose 40 time I want to see because hes good at everything else.

I'm becoming the guy who looks too much at combine results... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Patterson is one the last guys I have to watch. I saw him on game highlights throughout the year, I’m intrigued. 

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He's a guy whose 40 time I want to see because hes good at everything else.

I'm becoming the guy who looks too much at combine results... 

I don't know how @Paradis and @kdels62 can watch game tape on Patterson and be intrigued by him and have absolutely no interest in a guy like Kylin Hill. I find it mind-boggling. LOL. There's absolutely nothing special about Patterson when you compare the two. He doesn't do anything better than Hill and he's a smaller, less bruising back who played against weaker competition. Unlike Hill he hasn't proven he can be reliable receiver. He's no better as an athlete, they have about the same burst and breakaway speed. @kdels62  you mentioned that Hill has awful vision but I looked into it and its simply inaccurate. There's just very little to support that claim. 

Curious why you guys think Patterson is a RB that has potential to be good for the Jets and Hill you wouldn't touch.

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Interested to see how you feel.  I personally am not enamored with the prospect.  I also really dont like the leg lag (my term) he runs with sometimes.  Although some games (his 8 td game) it wasnt an issue. I always defer to my eyes on RB's, I've mentioned it to you before on guys that just pop.  I dont know to me he didnt pop. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

I don't know how @Paradis and @kdels62 can watch game tape on Patterson and be intrigued by him and have absolutely no interest in a guy like Kylin Hill. I find it mind-boggling. LOL. There's absolutely nothing special about Patterson when you compare the two. He doesn't do anything better than Hill and he's a smaller, less bruising back who played against weaker competition. Unlike Hill he hasn't proven he can be reliable receiver. He's no better as an athlete, they have about the same burst and breakaway speed. @kdels62  you mentioned that Hill has awful vision but I looked into it and its simply inaccurate. There's just very little to support that claim. 

Curious why you guys think Patterson is a RB that has potential to be good for the Jets and Hill you wouldn't touch.

For the record I was intrigued with Hill too.... until I sat down and dissected the film. 

Was going to ask you guys how many guys we drafted last year that we visited yet. Remembered google was my friend. 

Here are the guys we visited last year. Looks like we landed a decent amount. 

But here are the 42 players that the Jets are confirmed to have visited with so far.

• QB (1): James Morgan (FIU)
  • RB (2): Dre Brown (Illinois), James Robinson (Illinois State)
  • WR (7): Lawrence Cager (Georgia), Van Jefferson (Florida), Jerry Jeudy (Alabama), CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma), Denzel Mims (Baylor), Darrell Stewart (Michigan State), Binjimen Victor (Ohio State)
  • TE (1): Giovanni Ricci (Western Michigan)
  • OT (8): Mekhi Becton (Louisville), Brandon Bowen (Ohio State), Cameron Clark (Charlotte), Austin Jackson (USC), Josh Jones (Houston), Andrew Thomas (Georgia), Jedrick Wills (Alabama), Tristan Wirfs (Iowa)
  • OG (4): Robert Hunt (Louisiana-Lafayette), Damien Lewis (LSU), Kyle Murphy (Rhode Island), Michael Onwenu (Michigan)
  • C (4): Nick Harris (Washington), Frederick Mauigoa (Washington State), Cesar Ruiz (Michigan), Darryl Williams (Mississippi State)
  • EDGE (6): K’Lavon Chaisson (LSU), Jonathan Greenard (Florida), Azur Kamara (Kansas), Julian Okwara (Notre Dame), James Smith-Williams (NC State), Jonah Williams (Weber State)
  • DL (2): Kameron Cline (South Dakota), Larrell Murchison (NC State)
  • CB (7): Cameron Dantzler (Mississippi State), Javaris Davis (Auburn), Trevon Diggs (Alabama), Kristian Fulton (LSU), Jeff Gladney (TCU), Amik Robertson (Louisiana Tech), Keith Washington (West Virginia)

https://thejetpress.com/2020/04/13/ny-jets-list-2020-nfl-draft-prospects/

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

17 hours ago, PepPep said:

It’s not that I wouldn’t touch Hill. I think he’ll cost us a 4th rounder and I think that’s over drafting him. The vision thing first emerged for me at the senior bowl, so I went back and watched more and it checks out. There are time when he bounces right into a lineman’s back and there are times when he bounces into the right spot. To me it’s not worth where he’s likely to get picked. 

15 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Interested to see how you feel.  I personally am not enamored with the prospect.  I also really dont like the leg lag (my term) he runs with sometimes.  Although some games (his 8 td game) it wasnt an issue. I always defer to my eyes on RB's, I've mentioned it to you before on guys that just pop.  I dont know to me he didnt pop. 

He bounces in the hole a bit and I don’t know if that will translate with bigger faster defenders, or he’s so slippery that he’s good in small spaces. The lack of explosion is definitely glaring.

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He bounces in the hole a bit and I don’t know if that will translate with bigger faster defenders, or he’s so slippery that he’s good in small spaces. The lack of explosion is definitely glaring.

The lack of explosion to me comes from knee drive.  watch him run his legs lag behind him and he kicks his butt when he gets into daylight which doesnt allow that bust once in the open field.  Running mechanics are a huge issue with RB's a lot of them train their legs so hard but dont have the flexibility in the quads and hip flexors to get consistent knee drive.  

Also his cuts are slow because again of his mechanics, his feet get too wide on his inside cuts which make them slow.  He's a guy that could train in the offseason with a movement mechanics coach and really benefit from that.  I think he's got good vision once in the hole, but I am just not overly enamored with him as a prospect.  I think he has a chance to be good, but he's got to fix a lot of mechanical stuff which I find worrisome when scouting RB's, especially when there are always guys in the draft that are such natural talents at the position. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, football guy said:

Jaylen Waddle, Kadarius Toney, Rondale Moore, Tutu Atwell, Amari Rodgers, Cade Johnson, D'Wayne Eskridge, Demetric Felton, Jaelon Darden... Jets are looking for a specific type at WR. Great draft to be looking for a movement-Y/Z receiver with short-area burst and elite speed who thrive on jet sweeps/screens/quick hitters

Any news on Spencer Brown? Really like him as a prospect, can develop him one year under Fant.

11 hours ago, football guy said:

Jaylen Waddle, Kadarius Toney, Rondale Moore, Tutu Atwell, Amari Rodgers, Cade Johnson, D'Wayne Eskridge, Demetric Felton, Jaelon Darden... Jets are looking for a specific type at WR. Great draft to be looking for a movement-Y/Z receiver with short-area burst and elite speed who thrive on jet sweeps/screens/quick hitters

Felton was one of my surprise favorites of the senior bowl, he really showed a lot more than I think anyone would have expected at the position considering he isnt a WR. 

Darden I have been on since like sept.  I think he's a really nice later round player

@Paradis  LOOK WHAT WE GOT HERE BOYYYYYYYY

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, football guy said:

I meant to get around to this yesterday; really excited by some of the names I'm seeing. Rondale Moore at #34? 

tenor.gif

Not crazy about Atwell, and Toney before rnd 3 is a pass from me, but I've really fallen for Eskridge and Darden. Eskridge is Emmanuel Sanders 2.0... Felton had a terrific SB, but wasn't he like hybrid player at UCLA? @Chrebetfan80

So the theme here is Mims at X, and get big and fast at Z/slot/TE...

• FA: priority towards Godwin, Juju and Samuel.... check
  • Draft: Pitts, Waddle, Moore, Toney, Eskridge.... Check

I wonder if we'll see Warren Jackson get a look... a plan B for Pitts... they play different positions (WR/TE) but fill similar roles.

Side note, forget Atwell, I thought UL reciever Dez Fitzpatrick easily won the SB at the WR position and fits the same Eskridge mold... i haven't heard a peep on him since January. Looked like a natural. 

• Upvote 4

I encourage you guys take a hard look at Jackson... I think he *may* not have the suddenness or loosest hips to play outside at 6'6/220, but he could be that insider Jalen Hurd big slot guy if we don't land Pitts or significantly upgrade at TE

I see someone whose limitations are overshadowed by his natural ability to find space, track the ball and use his size and leverage to go up and get it. I think he winds up being a valuable tool in the shed for certain packages. They don’t all need to be fantasy heroes

• Upvote 2

I meant to get around to this yesterday; really excited by some of the names I'm seeing. Rondale Moore at #34? 

tenor.gif

Not crazy about Atwell, and Toney before rnd 3 is a pass from me, but I've really fallen for Eskridge and Darden. Eskridge is Emmanuel Sanders 2.0... Felton had a terrific SB, but wasn't he like hybrid player at UCLA? @Chrebetfan80

So the theme here is Mims at X, and get big and fast at Z/slot/TE...

• FA: priority towards Godwin, Juju and Samuel.... check
  • Draft: Pitts, Waddle, Moore, Toney, Eskridge.... Check

I wonder if we'll see Warren Jackson get a look... a plan B for Pitts... they play different positions (WR/TE) but fill similar roles.

Side note, forget Atwell, I thought UL reciever Dez Fitzpatrick easily won the SB at the WR position and fits the same Eskridge mold... i haven't heard a peep on him since January. Looked like a natural. 

Yea he was listed as a RB I believe but he showed maybe the best release moves of any WR at the SB, and his break point on routes was wayyy more developed than I would have expected.  To me he had the best SB performance in the practices.  Given his flexibility and his clearly better than expected ability as a route runner split out, he's a really nice target in this draft. 

Im not a huge atwell guy either.  He's alright lol 

Unfortunately, I kind of feel the same about Eskridge,  I like him, really like the way he catches the ball, but I dont really love anything about him... I like him, i dont love him. 

Darden I dont need to say anymore on... pretty sure everyone on the board knows how i feel about him lol 

Dez Fitzpatrick should be getting talked about more, he did some really nice things at the senior bowl, but I think it was all so ho hum that its not going to get talked about.  He caught the ball nice, had some nice reps in 1v1 and practice, but nothing really popped to me when i watched him. 

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Yea he was listed as a RB I believe but he showed maybe the best release moves of any WR at the SB, and his break point on routes was wayyy more developed than I would have expected.  To me he had the best SB performance in the practices.  Given his flexibility and his clearly better than expected ability as a route runner split out, he's a really nice target in this draft. 

Im not a huge atwell guy either.  He's alright lol 

Unfortunately, I kind of feel the same about Eskridge,  I like him, really like the way he catches the ball, but I dont really love anything about him... I like him, i dont love him. 

Darden I dont need to say anymore on... pretty sure everyone on the board knows how i feel about him lol 

Dez Fitzpatrick should be getting talked about more, he did some really nice things at the senior bowl, but I think it was all so ho hum that its not going to get talked about.  He caught the ball nice, had some nice reps in 1v1 and practice, but nothing really popped to me when i watched him. 

To clarify. I love Eskridge, where he is. A late day two, day 3 guy. My feelings shift significantly as the price goes up. I don’t mean to prop up Fitz but he won his matches, consistently. That alone for me makes me interested as a flier rnds 5-7

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

To clarify. I love Eskridge, where he is. A late day two, day 3 guy. My feelings shift significantly as the price goes up. I don’t mean to prop up Fitz but he won his matches, consistently. That alone for me makes me interested as a flier rnds 5-7

yea I could have interest in day 3 fliers on these guys.  Not over my boy, but I'd have interest for sure. 

I see where youre coming from! 

I think Toney is going to go lot later than ppl think. Like 2 rounds later if you think he’s going round 1... I realize it only takes one team to fall in love, so you never know. 

some Bears jag off with his 1.5k followers said his sources are telling him Toney is in WR2 territory. Insane. Couldn’t stomach that one... I asked my own people... “hell no”. lol. 

I encourage you guys take a hard look at Jackson... I think he *may* not have the suddenness or loosest hips to play outside at 6'6/220, but he could be that insider Jalen Hurd big slot guy if we don't land Pitts or significantly upgrade at TE

I see someone whose limitations are overshadowed by his natural ability to find space, track the ball and use his size and leverage to go up and get it. I think he winds up being a valuable tool in the shed for certain packages. They don’t all need to be fantasy heroes

Reminds me a lot of this guy:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Nothing lately. I do know a Jets scout really likes Javian Hawkins and it looks like the Jets have met with him 

Probably one of the more disappointing things to come out of this draft szn for the Jets. Ultimately I’ll give the Jets scouting team the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is running thin. I’ve out scouted this team at RB for the last decade and I’m a douchebag in Canada. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

Probably one of the more disappointing things to come out of this draft szn for the Jets. Ultimately I’ll give the Jets scouting team the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is running thin. I’ve out scouted this team at RB for the last decade and I’m a douchebag in Canada. 

With the amount of picks the Jets are going to have in this draft they may even pick two so there’s hope for you lol. Seriously though, I think they sign a vet cheap. They’re probably gonna carry 4 guys. Whose to say they don’t take 2 rookies on day 3 and force the FA signing to make the team or even look to stash a veteran RB on IR?

I don’t think anyone should be guaranteed a roster spot. Best 4 guys.