Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

unlikely the entire scum team is on the stark train. So between CTM, JETS, Crusher & Ape we likely have at least one.

I feel pretty good about CTM & Crusher. Don't mind competing trains between the other two.

unvote

vote Ape

It’s reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The 2nd worst thing as a player is sifting through a re-read trying to find a particular death scene or final VC in a 40+ page game that spans multiple game days. I hope this makes it easier for everyone who needs to look back.

If anyone has any suggestions for additional links to add to the game index, let me know and I'll be happy to add them.

100% great innovation

Surprised your little rodent brain came up with it tbh

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Check it:

1. Ape argues hardest vs. jville on D1

2. Jville gets killed N1 and flips town

3. Barry leads off D2 with an Ape vote, but doesn’t draw that connection - instead saying he’s guessing 1/4 players is scum and balancing my train

Thoughts?

conclusion: Ape killed jville 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok I’ll bite vote Ape

1 minute ago, CTM said:

conclusion: Ape killed jville 

lol if this is the level of intellect people are going to play with, then I’m cool with being lynched honestly 

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

100% great innovation

Surprised your little rodent brain came up with it tbh

Took me 3 solid months of brainstorming and 6 packs of toilet paper to come up with that idea.

Joking aside, I also did it in my first game, and I believe @GATA even followed suit and used it in her games after that, too, so I guess this little rodent is somewhat of a trendsetter.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Took me 3 solid months of brainstorming and 6 packs of toilet paper to come up with that idea.

Joking aside, I also did it in my first game, and I believe @GATA even followed suit and used it in her games after that, too, so I guess this little rodent is somewhat of a trendsetter.

I want to say someone did it back in the day too. Credit to you though, hopefully it becomes a norm.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

******* @GATA

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I want to say someone did it back in the day too. Credit to you though, hopefully it becomes a norm.

I seem to recall seeing someone else do it when I first started playing which is where I got it from. Maybe one of the DM'ers, @Kaylee or @Leeelou? Sadly, though, it hasn't been the norm lately, even though it really should be. Too often mods will even get lazy or simply forget to update the player list with deaths and alignment reveals.

It's more work for the mod, but it's a better experience for the players, which is important to keep people coming back to play.

• Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Just setting expectations that I’m not going to fight hard only to die for lulz. Been there. I know you guys sometimes need to get it out of your system.

ape makes a vote and is questioned: omg gut read and stuff, you need to play more to learn

ape catches some votes: you guys are doing it for the lulz and just need to get it out of your system sometimes.

My dear hairy little friend, this is not for lulz. you legit pinged and continue to ping. Gut read and stuffs, 

Just now, CTM said:

ape makes a vote and is questioned: omg gut read and stuff, you need to play more to learn

ape catches some votes: you guys are doing it for the lulz and just need to get it out of your system sometimes.

My dear hairy little friend, this is not for lulz. you legit pinged and continue to ping. Gut read and stuffs, 

Like I said, you should know me well enough to know that’s me being flaky - not scum.

It’s not about catching votes - I don’t buckle under pressure - it’s about being astonished. I’ve learned there’s just times I cannot fight it when y’all see ghosts with me. I used to fight it tooth and nail, it was stressful and I stopped enjoying the game. All I’m saying is do your thing. I’m not laying down, just making clear I’m also not going to go bonkers.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I seem to recall seeing someone else do it when I first started playing which is where I got it from. Maybe one of the DM'ers, @Kaylee or @Leeelou? Sadly, though, it hasn't been the norm lately, even though it really should be. Too often mods will even get lazy or simply forget to update the player list with deaths and alignment reveals.

It's more work for the mod, but it's a better experience for the players, which is important to keep people coming back to play.

@Kaylee and @Leelou  are great players who are deeply missed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

I like when @CTMtries to grab the Ape by its tail.  

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Are you a claimed miller?

Jesus Christ.

I am. I was also first to stay stop over-indexing on Miller/cop dynamics until we learn more, and to mention that a broken cop probably means an alternative means of detection, and was first to put forth my LD statement...

Glad you’re keeping up though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Jesus Christ.

I am. I was also first to stay stop over-indexing on Miller/cop dynamics until we learn more, and to mention that a broken cop probably means an alternative means of detection, and was first to put forth my LD statement...

Glad you’re keeping up though.

Good to know.  Too may claimed and I haven't started to record it yet.  Thoughts on @The Crusher or @JiF?