Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Though, CTM's Ape obsession is kind of gross.  It's funny like haha but it's also a nice easy cover to not give an ounce of effort in to the game.

I'd put him in the mix to die as well.

Not saying I think Ape is town, dont really know, nothing stands out as scummy but burying your hand in the sand and screaming that same player over and over again isnt exactly, useful. 

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nothing happening to change my D1 feelings; JC, 80, Drums.  I'd kill any.

Yep, picking three is a much better strategy. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, picking three is a much better strategy. 

I invented the top 3.  So, ofcourse it's a sound strategy but in general....yes, zero'ing in on one player, never coming off, based on gut, is not town behavior.  

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Though, CTM's Ape obsession is kind of gross.  It's funny like haha but it's also a nice easy cover to not give an ounce of effort in to the game.

Not saying I think Ape is town, dont really know, nothing stands out as scummy but burying your hand in the sand and screaming that same player over and over again isnt exactly, useful. 

You've been kinda the same with 80 and your post procedding this one was "nothing changed for me"

Throwing another name or two into the mix doesnt really change the fact you've been so far up 80s ass you can taste what he had for dinner last night.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

I invented the top 3.  So, ofcourse it's a sound strategy but in general....yes, zero'ing in on one player, never coming off, based on gut, is not town behavior.  

The net result is you are both doing the same thing. Not changing, not evolving as the game  go’s on, speaking of that? Is the Ape dead yet?

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Check it:

1. Ape argues hardest vs. jville on D1

2. Jville gets killed N1 and flips town

3. Barry leads off D2 with an Ape vote, but doesn’t draw that connection - instead saying he’s guessing 1/4 players is scum and balancing my train

Thoughts?

Yes, I have a thought:  In true Ape fashion, I believe you are centering yourself too much in this.  No one is setting you up.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The 2nd worst thing as a player is sifting through a re-read trying to find a particular death scene or final VC in a 40+ page game that spans multiple game days. I hope this makes it easier for everyone who needs to look back.

If anyone has any suggestions for additional links to add to the game index, let me know and I'll be happy to add them.

And the worst thing, of course, is having to deal with @Pac

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Agreed. My best game ever was in a game where I was scummates with Leelou. I've never reached that level of performance again.

They @GATA come back some time.

Interesting.  I had my best scum performance with @Leelou as my teammate, too.  

She just brings the best out of people, both as a mod and teammate.  Even @Verbal developed a personality thanks to her.  

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Nothing happening to change my D1 feelings; JC, 80, Drums.  I'd kill any.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

There he is!

2 hours ago, CTM said:

You've been kinda the same with 80 and your post procedding this one was "nothing changed for me"

Throwing another name or two into the mix doesnt really change the fact you've been so far up 80s ass you can taste what he had for dinner last night.

This just shows how little effort you giving and how you're not paying attention.  I havent voted 80.  I was voting JC while casing guys like 80 and Drums because that's what a townie does, look at everyone, not just focus in on 1 person and provide no other thoughts.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The net result is you are both doing the same thing. Not changing, not evolving as the game  go’s on, speaking of that? Is the Ape dead yet?

What?  lol I'm hunting, looking at the game, observing multiple players behaviors.  How is that not more beneficial then just screaming, Ape dead yet? over and over again.

wtf lol

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JETS or JiF for me sound good.  Where the f**k is @JiF, btw?

I don't think Ape is scum, so I'm good to leave him alive and be entertained by the CTM-Ape back and forth.  

I'm right here, you putz.  Dont act like I'm not participating. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

What?  lol I'm hunting, looking at the game, observing multiple players behaviors.  How is that not more beneficial then just screaming, Ape dead yet? over and over again.

wtf lol

You have the same stance as you did day 1, How is that any different than screaming Ape, Ape , Ape? The end result is you are at the same place you were day1. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You have the same stance as you did day 1, How is that any different than screaming Ape, Ape , Ape? The end result is you are at the same place you were day1. 

You seriously dont understand how me looking at multiple players is different then CTM zero'ing in on Ape and only Ape?  Like I actually have to explain that?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Interesting.  I had my best scum performance with @Leelou as my teammate, too.  

She just brings the best out of people, both as a mod and teammate.  Even @Verbal developed a personality thanks to her.  

He did?

Keeps making that one joke over and over.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

You seriously dont understand how me looking at multiple players is different then CTM zero'ing in on Ape and only Ape?  Like I actually have to explain that?

I said I would vote stark or barry but why would I vote someone other than my clear #1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This just shows how little effort you giving and how you're not paying attention.  I havent voted 80.  I was voting JC while casing guys like 80 and Drums because that's what a townie does, look at everyone, not just focus in on 1 person and provide no other thoughts.

One could argue scum casts as wide a net as possible 

I made it clear pre game that my effort level is low till we get a few days in. If I'm alive in a day or 2 my effort will increase just like every game I've played for the last 2 years 

30 minutes ago, CTM said:

One could argue scum casts as wide a net as possible 

I made it clear pre game that my effort level is low till we get a few days in. If I'm alive in a day or 2 my effort will increase just like every game I've played for the last 2 years 

3 names is "as wide of a net as possible?"

Just now, JiF said:

3 names is "as wide of a net as possible?"

not what i said adam and steve, what I was responding to was the idea that having a clear #1 and not deviating is inherently anti town (which you asserted). My point is that some would argue that scum is more likely to cast as wide as net as possible over cratering on 1 person.  Not that you were casting as wide a net as possible.