Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Any logic here?

Apes been sparring with Drums and CTM and playing really loose. He may be trying to go big or go Home as scum but for right now he’s driving the game so I’m willing to let it ride out a bit. 

JiF is playing sheepish. When I’m surest about him as town is when he’s pushing people and actively scum hunting, I’m not getting that vibe right now from him. He’s put out a couple names but I see no actually movement towards a solution he does when bat manning the shit out of a game. Plus when I went back and gathered the Miller reveals his seem little off to me. It was super simple like he was just trying to sneak it in with nobody noticing. 

• Upvote 1

The sense of relief that accompanied the morning's revelation of a bloodless night had embraced and soothed each denizen's normally frenetic mind, but as the morning stretched into afternoon, creeping ever closer to evening, that sense of relief was lifted and replaced by a heavy pall made of doubt, distrust, and fear.

The townsfolk of Drakken Cove began peering at each other through narrow eyes and paranoid, sidelong glances, for there were whispers; rumors and hushed talk that Cedrick Benton was not the only devil who walked among them. Soon enough, fingers were pointed, and accusations were hurled. There was one man who's shadow loomed far above the rest, hanging like the sharpened blade of the guillotine ready to drop; a man who already drew the collective fear of all Drakken Cove and beyond. When the whispers began, no one dare speak of him by name, for fear that any mere mention of him may draw his ire, like some supernatural being conjured out of thin air. But, as the numbers of plotters grew, so did their courage, and with enough force behind them, and as does happen so easily in Drakken Cove, a mob was formed.

The mob's quarry was not hard to track down, for even when he was in town there was only one place he liked to be... aboard his ship.

"Captain Toussaint!" the mob called.

The infamous pirate captain casually emerged from his quarters, and approached the stern side of his ship, looking more like a king readying to address his subjects below, rather than a wanted man being summoned to answer to an angry mob.

"What do you want?" he barked.

"We want you, Toussaint!"

"We want you gone, you murdering scum!"

Toussaint could almost feel the terror they have for him, wafting towards him like a warm, pleasant breeze. He breathes it in, and savors the feeling. But this wave of terror is a bit different than normal, he notices. Hints of anger... of rage. Tastes dangerous. Normally, an armed excursion aboard his vessel would be welcome, for there is no crew tougher and more savage in a melee than his, but it's then he realizes that most of his crew were deep in town, securing supplies for their next voyage. Only a few lowly recruits remained on his ship, tasked with menial jobs suited for their talents. He can't trust them in a fight.

No, he'll have to do this one himself.

Toussaint draws his sword and his pistol, signaling the mob to come get him if they dare. And to his mild surprise, they oblige, storming the planks onto his deck. A quick shot catches one of the mob square in the chest, dropping him into the cold, murky water below. With a single, swift move that can only be perfected after years of practice, Toussaint drops his pistol, draws another one from his belt, and squeezes off another shot that shatters some poor bloke's skull -- all before the first pistol hits the wooden deck. By now the mob is upon him, and after seeing his quick reflexes, is too focused on his pistol hand to see his cutlass come slashing across from the left, spilling open three separate bellies. One man gets behind Toussaint and grabs his left arm, desperately trying to wrestle the steel away from him, while another charges directly at Toussaint's face. A swift kick knocks the charging man back in to the mob which recoils back, knocking a few of balance and into the drink. Toussaint turns his attention to the man grappling his arm, and smashes his face with the butt of his empty gun, freeing his arm and then plunges his cutlass into man's belly. Two burly men seize the opportunity and pounce, forcing Toussaint to let go of his cutlass that's still lodged in the dying man's stomach. Being toppled over by the two burly men, the pirate captain falls to his back, but not before drawing his last two pistols, pressing a barrel into each man's stomach, and ripping through their guts with his last two shots.

Eight, Toussaint thought, I've done better.

Finally disarmed, the dreaded pirate captain is kicked, bludgeoned, and stabbed. Defiant until the end, Toussaint refuses to die so easily, spitting on and cursing each face that surrounds him. In poetic fashion, the mob finally decides to string him up in the sails of his very ship. They heave and ho, hoisting him higher and higher up, like some dastardly Jolly Roger, swaying in the breeze -- being the very image of death itself.

Spoiler

JETS -- Captain Toussaint, pirate captain – Miller – Town is dead.

It is now Night 3.

You have 24 hours to submit any and all night actions.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, CTM said:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/mar/18/cows-seaweed-methane-emissions-scientists?

@The Crusher please pass this along to Mrs Crusher with my regards. She may find it useful

LOL, funny enough I eat the seaweed as an appetizer when I have sushi. Come to think of it, pretty sure she recommended it. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I knew he was going to flip town too, think everyone did 

Yea. I wasn’t sure, but the whole thing with 80 appearing like he had a result, and ctm obviously using the Jets lynch set up my eventual mislynch was worth seeing thru. 

ctm is manipulating at this poiint, and pushing theories. I actually hope he’s town - it’ll be great egg in the face.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea. I wasn’t sure, but the whole thing with 80 appearing like he had a result, and ctm obviously using the Jets lynch set up my eventual mislynch was worth seeing thru. 

ctm is manipulating at this poiint, and pushing theories. I actually hope he’s town - it’ll be great egg in the face.

Im not sure how he isn’t town with the speed of his reveal.  I’ve thought about it, His scum pm would have to have tipped him off? No idea. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Im not sure how he isn’t town with the speed of his reveal.  I’ve thought about it, His scum pm would have to have tipped him off? No idea. 

I believe the same. I was sparring with him for sport / the off chance he was doing it to avoid NK.

At this point he’s talked about scum tells and meta for me that just aren’t true. The guy has a poster of me over his bed. He knows my meta. So, as town it’s obviously starting to ping when it seems he’s making it up.

On top of that, his fake outrage about 80 possibly having an investigation. And the whole theory about no NK, when there’s obviously a lot of possibilities there. Now clearly aiming to get me mislynchEd.

I don’t expect illogical or bad play for him, so when it happens I assume it’s because he’s scum. That’s where I’m struggling.

Putting him aside, I like the trifecta of Jif, 80 and jc for scrutiny.

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You both distract the game with this Ape versus CTM shticks.  I can see you both in Kahoots.

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I believe the same. I was sparring with him for sport / the off chance he was doing it to avoid NK.

At this point he’s talked about scum tells and meta for me that just aren’t true. The guy has a poster of me over his bed. He knows my meta. So, as town it’s obviously starting to ping when it seems he’s making it up.

On top of that, his fake outrage about 80 possibly having an investigation. And the whole theory about no NK, when there’s obviously a lot of possibilities there. Now clearly aiming to get me mislynchEd.

I don’t expect illogical or bad play for him, so when it happens I assume it’s because he’s scum. That’s where I’m struggling.

Putting him aside, I like the trifecta of Jif, 80 and jc for scrutiny.

That’s a very good list, I still got you/80 but the other two should certainly swing, 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Thoughts on how CTM basically knew Jets was gonna flip town, and used my jibber-jabber to try and set my lynch up next?

lol.. says the guy who made a declaration that he's only voting jets cause of 80

kill it with fire

• Haha 1