Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

14 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Big ups to Spoot for the effort. Sorry if the game ended up a bit too town-sided. I advised Spoot against preventing role claiming, but in retrospect, @CTM , like always, ruins everything.

But nonetheless, I think all players appreciate the effort Spoot put in.

Thanks, man. I think if it had gone perfectly, it would've been fine, but I've learned that you can't expect a game to go perfectly.

While I don't consider this game a success like my Minesweeper game (my record as a mod now moves to 1-2) I did learn a lot from it. I know now that if a game balance falls apart with the removal of one role, than it's not really balanced.

Still, thanks for all your help!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

Never not going to sign up for a Spoot game

If anything, they're at least interesting. It'll probably be awhile before I do the next one, as it's f*cking exhausting and stressful.

But, I've got a few ideas up my sleeve ;)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You're welcome, Barry, and thanks for playing. Sorry you got tripped up so early by the Miller claims, but I really tried to make sure you were prepared to prevent that very thing! lol

Yes I didn't put two and two together. Usually safe claims are for when you're on the ropes. Easy for town to know something is up when they get a safe claim. I'll be more aware in the future ?‍♂️

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ironically, you finding Barry "Not Town" was actually supposed to somewhat "clear" him with you, being as every Town player you'd investigate would show the same result. In a sense, Barry was the real Godfather.

Haha well I didn’t know that

34 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Big ups to Spoot for the effort. Sorry if the game ended up a bit too town-sided. I advised Spoot against preventing role claiming, but in retrospect, @CTM , like always, ruins everything.

But nonetheless, I think all players appreciate the effort Spoot put in.

I for one am happy he claimed. I would have been outted and led a mislynch while thinking I was the best cop ever haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Vote ape

Bud, you played good. When I said “you are no longer on my list” that was a signal to you. You were blatant town at that point. Any additional pressure input in you was to help you avoid NK.

Its largely why I entertained CTM’s case in me so long.

Misdirection is a big part of the game, even as town trying to deke scum. Is it messy? Yup. In a game like this, with miller’s all claiming, I chose to force action... it makes it hard to discern real from fake takes, but when I do it I try to give little signals. Wink, nods.

Anyway, good job. Sorry if I irritated you.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If anything, they're at least interesting. It'll probably be awhile before I do the next one, as it's f*cking exhausting and stressful.

But, I've got a few ideas up my sleeve ;)

Hey, great game - ambitious setup - had fun - thanks!!!!

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bud, you played good. When I said “you are no longer on my list” that was a signal to you. You were blatant town at that point. Any additional pressure input in you was to help you avoid NK.

Its largely why I entertained CTM’s case in me so long.

Misdirection is a big part of the game, even as town trying to deke scum. Is it messy? Yup. In a game like this, with miller’s all claiming, I chose to force action... it makes it hard to discern real from fake takes, but when I do it I try to give little signals. Wink, nods.

Anyway, good job. Sorry if I irritated you.

Haha that’s what I figured.. unless you were just scum. Figured you may have caught on that I was cop from my reaction to Barry. I had fun with the bickering haha. Good game Ape, glad you weren’t scum. No irritation took place, except that thing I got from the dirty prostitute “Jif”

• Haha 3

Gotta say, it was fun to dip into the old ape style - but constantly agitating, fighting and pushing action is stressful in some weird way.

Ready to be normal next game.

I mean... normal for a talking ape full of emotional scars and regret.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Gotta say, it was fun to dip into the old ape style - but constantly agitating, fighting and pushing action is stressful in some weird way.

Love you, but that is normal for you. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, me, too! I would've loved the WIFOM around if JC was fake claiming Doc or not, if he had even decided to go that route.

@Spoot-Face, first, thanks for a great game.  Very ambitious set-up, wish I could have made it work.  My intent was to get to reveal "Doc".  I got caught up in the Miller claims and claimed more out of habit (you had provided a safe claim).  Then I recalled I had the  "will reveal town to all investigations" card.  I had spaced that.  Thought I had seriously fukked up.  The early pressure was the result of me trying hard to appear town.  Once @Barry McCockinnerwent down and we only had one killing role put me in a challenging spot.  Thanks again for the great role.  Wish I had done more with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Love you, but that is normal for you. 

lol, you’ve seen at least 5 different personality types over the years - some borrow from others - but there’s a discreet difference to what was doing this game vs. last

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, normal people find constant bickering and arguing stressful.

There's nothing weird about that, weirdo.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Barry McCockinnerif it makes you feel better, my case on you never had anything to do with your claim - it was all about your response to pressure and the nuances I you play. Good game.

I was on the ropes from very early. Played poorly because of it.

I don't need to feel better, I need to get revenge on @Spoot-Face. Next time I run a game I'm going to make him a bullet proof serial killer, and also a tracker with every day and night kills. Then I'm going to tell every other player in the game that spoot is scum but they're not allowed to say anything about it or post any thoughts on him at all, only vote him.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

@Spoot-Face, first, thanks for a great game.  Very ambitious set-up, wish I could have made it work.  My intent was to get to reveal "Doc".  I got caught up in the Miller claims and claimed more out of habit (you had provided a safe claim).  Then I recalled I had the  "will reveal town to all investigations" card.  I had spaced that.  Thought I had seriously fukked up.  The early pressure was the result of me trying hard to appear town.  Once @Barry McCockinnerwent down and we only had one killing role put me in a challenging spot.  Thanks again for the great role.  Wish I had done more with it.

You're welcome man, and thanks for playing. Yeah, I wish you had opportunity to do more. Would've loved to see you work at endgame while outed as Doc. Barry going down really put you in a tough spot in terms of numbers against you, and that was a major oversight be me -- not your fault. As soon as you and Barry both were drawing some heat on Day 1, I began to panic and get nervous. JVOR and I decided that had one of you died on Day 1, I'd make the other one an every night killer to balance it out, but beyond Day 1 we thought it'd be bastard modding to add it in. Anyhow, I'm glad you liked the role; I know it wasn't an easy one!

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess in my mind because it’s pretend it’s weird how stressful it can be.

No, I get it. You just get really into the character and the spirit of it all.

Kinda like how playing the Joker drove Heath Ledger mad.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't need to feel better, I need to get revenge on @Spoot-Face. Next time I run a game I'm going to make him a bullet proof serial killer, and also a tracker with every day and night kills. Then I'm going to tell every other player in the game that spoot is scum but they're not allowed to say anything about it or post any thoughts on him at all, only vote him.

Salty GIF by memecandy

Bring it on, bitch!

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you’ve seen at least 5 different personality types over the years - some borrow from others - but there’s a discreet difference to what was doing this game vs. last

Yes its like a post modern tragicomedy of personality disorders, a fitting tribute to the last 12 months of pandemic induced mental health crisises

Kaufmanesque in the sense that whether its  satire or delusion is unbeknownst to probragonist and viewer alike, and gets ever more meta as each layer of the onion is pulled back.

The line between genius and insanity truly is thin.

You stoopid ******* monkey

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yes its like a post modern tragicomedy of personality disorders, a fitting tribute to the last 12 months of pandemic induced mental health crisises

Kaufmanesque in the sense that whether its  satire or delusion is unbeknownst to probragonist and viewer alike, and gets ever more meta as each layer of the onion is pulled back.

The line between genius and insanity truly is thin.

You stoopid ******* monkey

What was youre favorite name I called you this game?

Even my profanity is art.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What was youre favorite name I called you this game?

Even my profanity is art.

Always a good time. My research assistants are currently combing through each post and classifying to the DSM-5 as part of an ongoing study.

I'll ask them to pull some insults..

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

Always a good time. My research assistants are currently combing through each post and classifying to the DSM-5 as part of an ongoing study.

I'll ask them to pull some insults..

As long as that’s the only thing you ask them to pull.

Happy Birthday Love GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

• Haha 3