Zach Wilson practicing for the pro day

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I guess a bunch of people still haven't put it together that having the worst roster for three years and the worst coach the Jets have ever hired actually plays into the fact that Darnold was one of the leagues bottom ranked QB's for three years running.   I mean...IT'S CRAZY!  Josh Allen was ranked WORST than Darnold in 2018.  Can you believe it!  And then, they went out and built an all-star team around him, and like MAGIC!  Josh Allen got better.  

But I get it....Darnold completely sucks.

Is it possible that Allen is also just better than Darnold???  Sure he struggled early on but that had more to do with him getting acclimated to the NFL.  You could see the improvement he was making as a quarterback each year.  Sure having a better roster helped but he also helped elevate the players around as well.   Who has Sam elevated?  Way is he as turn over prone today as he was as a rookie?   Why is always hurt and missing 5 - 6 games every year?   Josh Allen got better because had better tools than Sam to begin with.   

On 3/9/2021 at 11:53 PM, nycdan said:

What I can't shake is this sense that there is a massive campaign afoot to promote Wilson.  We haven't heard a WORD about Trevor Lawrence since the end of the college football season.  Yes, it's a certainty he's going to JAX but it's eerily quiet on that front.  We don't hear much about Fields...or Jones....or any other draft prospect.  But it's all-Wilson, all-day, coming from so many directions.  Something about it makes me very distrustful that the whole thing feels like 'trying too hard'.  It's probably an extension of the general oversaturation of media anyway, but I'm leery of how lopsided the coverage seems to be lately.

Obviously due to the overt Pro Mormon bias the National, North East based Media is known to harbor...

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You have no idea what youre talking about.  

And the answer is even worse

Zach Wilson will have had multiple surgeries on both shoulders before playing in an nfl game.

Dee Milliner never missed a game at Alabama and was hands down the nation’s best CB in college.  He had multiple surgeries during college? got to the NFL and the body fell apart

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Zach Wilson will have had multiple surgeries on both shoulders before playing in an nfl game.

Dee Milliner never missed a game at Alabama and was hands down the nation’s best CB in college.  He had multiple surgeries during college? got to the NFL and the body fell apart

You don't understand how often Dee was hurt, how he was hurt and the severity of the elective  surgeries Wilson had.   

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You don't understand how often Dee was hurt, how he was hurt and the severity of the elective  surgeries Wilson had.   

While true, a QB under 220 pounds who has had multiple surgeries pre NFL career SHOULD sound an alarm. 

Doesn't mean it will be a concern, but somebody in the Jets better do LOTS of digging if they are interested.

10 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

While true, a QB under 220 pounds who has had multiple surgeries pre NFL career SHOULD sound an alarm. 

Doesn't mean it will be a concern, but somebody in the Jets better do LOTS of digging if they are interested.

Not too complicates, he had labrum surgery.  

But we do have a shiny, new dept. to use