Zach Wilson practicing for the pro day

Jetsbb

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because why?

What is the downside?  I few of us dweebs who sit all offseason on a football board, craved for for any tidbit of information and glimpses of possible targets wont like your son?  Lets face it.its because those complaining they dont want him on the team.  I'd bet no one would have complained if there was a video of Trevor and we had the 1st pick

Havent heard many of the fans of Wilson complaining,  

Probably all true. I guess it just came off a little try hard-ish but I will admit, it could of been filmed and posted with better intentions than I initially assumed. Just know if I was a top QB prospect, I’d want my father to keep the footage off Twitter. More of a preference thing on my part.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's not a function of simple or complicated...

There's a reality here that this decision has been made and it's been made a while ago.

Sam is getting traded and they will draft Zach Wilson.    This is more or less a fact right now.  

matt damon math GIF by MIRAMAX= Zach Wilson

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Has this kid ever beaten even ONE good team at BYU?

You would think that would be a minimum requirement to be selected #2 overall...

Joe Douglas doesn’t give a sh*t about that. He looks at the QB, not the team schedule. 

How am I so sure about this?

Douglas was the one who discovered Joe Flacco and the reason Flacco was drafted in the first round by the Ravens in 2008. 

Go check the school Flacco played for in college and tell me Douglas gives a damn about this “level of competition” nonsense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

19 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m probably so far on the opposite side of the spectrum from you on Wilson evaluations but I have to agree with you about that. It’s extremely corny. Best for parents to just stay out of the way and especially off social media because it feels like a self fulfilling action.

or......he is just proud of his son and fucg what people think

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Joe Douglas doesn’t give a sh*t about that. He looks at the QB, not the team schedule. 

Douglas was the one who discovered Joe Flacco and the reason Flacco was drafted in the first round by the Ravens in 2008. 

Go check the school Flacco played for in college and tell me Douglas gives a damn about this “level of competition” nonsense. 

We could win with Sam Darnold and the team that was built around Flacco.  Flacco had 1 great playoff run.  He never made the pro bowl in 11 seasons starting in Baltimore.   He had 1 4,000 plus yard year.  He had a cannon and on a team that played D and ran the ball he could bomb it.  

Everyone knew who Flacco was going into that draft.  He wasn't discovered he was over drafted.

17 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

You would think that would be a minimum requirement to be selected #2 overall...

Greg McElroy won a National Championship beating the best teams in the country and was never a good NFL QB.  You can either play or you can't.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I’m old enough to remember Tua beating plenty of good teams and now he probably will not last his entire rookie contract as Miami’s full time starter. I’m old enough to remember AJ McCarron, Aaron Murray, Zach Mettenberg, Jamarcus Russell, Colt McCoy, Johnny Manziel, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow, Ryan Mallett, Tyler Bray, Tim Couch, Jared Stidham all underwhelming once they go into the league. All QB’s from the SEC. 

I’m also old enough to remember kids from Texas Tech(Mahomes), Wyoming(Josh Allen), Wisconsin(Russ Wilson), Oregon(Justin Herbert), Oklahoma(Kyler & Baker) and all over the country working out in the NFL & it’s been that way for a very long time. Older small school mentions go to Romo & Jimmy G from Eastern Illinois, Brees from Purdue, Flacco from Delaware, Steve McNair from Alcorn State, Kurt Warner from Northern Iowa.

point is that competition is not a huge factor in determining who will do well in the NFL.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

We could win with Sam Darnold and the team that was built around Flacco.  

This statement is based on pure fantasy. Darnold’s performance isn’t even close to what Flacco was. Darnold has been the leagues bottom ranked QB for three years running.  Flacco was solid starting with his rookie year. To expect Darnold to win with any team is delusional nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This statement is based on pure fantasy. Darnold’s performance isn’t even close to what Flacco was. Darnold has been the leagues bottom ranked QB for three years running.  Flacco was solid starting with his rookie year. To expect Darnold to win with any team is delusional nonsense. 

Baltimore had the No. 4 ranked rushing O and the No. 2 ranked D.  They were ranked 28th in passing yards.  He was slightly better than Sanchez.  

He did have a playoff win with 129 yards passing and a rating of 63.7.

10 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

You are in dire need of a reality check — and a visit to footballreference.com. 

Looks like he's claim to fame is the most passing yards by a QB to never make the pro bowl.  Andy Dalton has made it 3 times.  Flacco's greatest trait was going to a staked team that was brilliantly coached.  

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Looks like he's claim to fame is the most passing yards by a QB to never make the pro bowl.  Andy Dalton has made it 3 times.  Flacco's greatest trait was going to a staked team that was brilliantly coached.  

Nobody is saying Flacco was great. He was solid, steady and could do well in the playoffs. He gave you 20+ TDS/10+ INTs and 3700+ yards year in and year out.  To say he was slightly better than Sanchez destroys your credibility. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Nobody is saying Flacco was great. He was solid, steady and could do well in the playoffs. He gave you 20+ TDS/10+ INTs and 3700+ yards year in and year out.  To say he was slightly better than Sanchez destroys your credibility. 

He had over 3700 yards 4 times in 12 years.  He had over 10 INT's 8 times.  He did have over 20 TD's 6 times.   He had a QBR over 90 twice.  Of course he was better than Sanchez.  Sanchez washed out when he no longer had a good D or running game.   Sanchez when he had a great running game and D was as good as Flacco as a young QB in the playoffs.  Flacco did have one great run and a ring which can't be ignored.   So yes of course he had a better career than Sanchez.

The reality is Sam has sucked.  I'm not someone who believes Sam can succeed just because until he does.  I also don't believe Flacco who has had a solid but not spectacular career who played almost his entire career on a team with a top D and running game with well above the NFL norm in terms of coaching would have survived under the conditions Sam has been asked to survive under.

Obviously He needs to be seen in a much more serious situation. Two things that do stand out or a nice quick compact delivery as well as he seems to be able to deliver the deep ball with little effort. He’s an intriguing prospect for sure. I really can’t lean one way or another whether I like him or not.

15 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Flacco proved it at the senior bowl 

also he has a physical platform similar to an offshore oil rig 

Flacco is legit 6'6" with a cannon arm 

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

We could win with Sam Darnold and the team that was built around Flacco.  Flacco had 1 great playoff run.  He never made the pro bowl in 11 seasons starting in Baltimore.   He had 1 4,000 plus yard year.  He had a cannon and on a team that played D and ran the ball he could bomb it.  

Everyone knew who Flacco was going into that draft.  He wasn't discovered he was over drafted.

That's all Elway had as well..

5 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Sorry, I don't see Mitch Trubisky here.  I see a solid prospect who had nothing around him.  I've watched every lame qb this team has had since Namath.  I've watched every throw that Sam makes.  He has made stupid decisions when trying to force it.  He has lost confidence at times.  But I've seen talent that Sanchez, Geno, and others never had.  I'm willing to pass on this year's qbs to see if can make the jump with a system that is ideal for him and with playmakers around him.  You sign a vet to push him.  If it doesn't work out, you can cut bait next year, and you'll have picks to make a move.  Noone was talking about Wilson a few months ago.  Beware.  And there was smoke around that captain story.  Period.  He comes with a fair amount of risk. 

It will take some balls to keep Darnold, but it's the right thing to do. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Phillyjet said:

Sorry, I don't see Mitch Trubisky here.  I see a solid prospect who had nothing around him.  I've watched every lame qb this team has had since Namath.  I've watched every throw that Sam makes.  He has made stupid decisions when trying to force it.  He has lost confidence at times.  But I've seen talent that Sanchez, Geno, and others never had.  I'm willing to pass on this year's qbs to see if can make the jump with a system that is ideal for him and with playmakers around him.  You sign a vet to push him.  If it doesn't work out, you can cut bait next year, and you'll have picks to make a move.  Noone was talking about Wilson a few months ago.  Beware.  And there was smoke around that captain story.  Period.  He comes with a fair amount of risk. 

Yeah, well, that's what it really comes down to: whether or not you believe Darnold is worth a reclamation project after three years of horrible play. I disagree with you. He's had enough time to show his stuff as a starter. It's not like he's been devoid of coaching. He's spent three offseasons training with Jordan Palmer for goodness sakes. Yet he's shown zero improvement. Further efforts to resuscitate his career should be done with him sitting on the bench, preferably with a change of scenery. Sending him out there as a starter again is lunacy.

But the real question is whether Douglas is confident enough in Darnold blossoming into a good QB that he would bet the season and his career on it, which is what he would basically be doing. Likewise, does Saleh want to start his head coaching career trying to rehabilitate a broken QB, or start fresh with a promising rookie? I think the answers to these questions are obvious.

22 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I guess a bunch of people still haven't put it together that having the worst roster for three years and the worst coach the Jets have ever hired actually plays into the fact that Darnold was one of the leagues bottom ranked QB's for three years running.   I mean...IT'S CRAZY!  Josh Allen was ranked WORSE than Darnold in 2018.  Can you believe it!  And then, they went out and built an all-star team around him, and like MAGIC!  Josh Allen got better.  

But I get it....Darnold completely sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I;ve watched ever QB since Al Darrow LOL But I agree I do think with the different systems Sam has been in it didn't help him grow. He did force some throws trying to make something happen and no doubt his confidence took a hit. I'm happy with whatever JD and staff decide on..

23 hours ago, Dunnie said:

overblown bs.

I so sick and tired of this injury prone narrative.  Yet these same folks want us to keep Sam who has yet to play all16 games in the NFL season.   Wilson is no more injury prone than any other quarterback coming out this year.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2