Jets talking with JuJu

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i'm confused. you are talking numbers and i am talking about actually watching all of hendricksons sacks and seeing that they weren't really that impressive as they were a lot of coverage sacks and not a case where he just blew up a block

I dont get what's so confusing.  Comparing sacks from one player to another bh numbers only doesnt indicate whoo the better pass rusher is.

I'm agreeing with you.  You answered a post comparing sack totals 

Jets talking with JuJu

Who knows, maybe the Jets are still talking to JuJu today even after he signed with Pitt because he's simply a pleasant guy to speak with.  I don't know...and either do you.

With Joe D not having much else going on here late on a Friday afternoon he might just be shooting the sh!t on the phone with some dudes until he punches the clock at 5PM and starts the weekend?

We don't know.

• Haha 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Who knows, maybe the Jets are still talking to JuJu today even after he signed with Pitt because he's simply a pleasant guy to speak with.  I don't know...and either do you.

With Joe D not having much else going on here late on a Friday afternoon he might just be shooting the sh!t on the phone with some dudes until he punches the clock at 5PM and starts the weekend?

We don't know.

image.thumb.png.03cd9277291e3da476affecb936a8f29.png

• 7 months later...
On 3/18/2021 at 1:56 PM, Rhg1084 said:

I mean can you imagine how this fan base would react if we trot out Sam and Trubisky as our QBs next year?

How about trotting out Zach Wilson and Mike White, then trotting out Mike White and Joe Flacco after Zach gets hurt - who would if ever seen that coming? /sarcasm

On 3/18/2021 at 12:31 PM, playtowinthegame said:

In my scenario Sam Darnold is the incumbent quarterback. Trubisky would be the quarterback (like Tannehill) brought in to hedge their bets with. I'm not saying this happens, but rather this is a pathway they might be considering. One which gives Joe Douglas more options with the 2nd overall pick. Douglas could get a huge haul trading down from the 2nd overall pick, or he could just stay right there and select a non-quarterback positions he has rated very high on his draft board. 

Imagine if Joe Douglas signed Trubisky and kept Darnold, then traded down with the 49ers for a huge haul.

No let's stay at 2 and back up Zach with Mike White with Doogie Lafleur as the OC. 

On 3/18/2021 at 1:28 PM, playtowinthegame said:

The Bears signed Dalton to be their starter after striking out on trading for Russell Wilson. Mitchell Trubisky is a free agent. He'd be brought here to compete for a starting job with Darnold. He'd be a Ryan Tannehill type signing like the Titans did in the 2019 off-season.

590751120_MitchellTrubisky.thumb.jpg.6c55ff771a23fd8fe25ac9cb69ff86bf.jpg

Now let's compare that to Sam Darnold below. 

1982362004_SamDarnold.thumb.jpg.e2b7392c14872be5eaf6b2a658d31425.jpg

Mitch has higher Cmp%, higher TD%, lower Int%, and the kid has been a starter in the playoffs for two games. If it weren't for a missed 43 yard field goal in the wild card round of the playoffs by Cody Parkey he'd have led his team to their 13th win of the season and headed to the divisional round of the playoffs. I would have no problem bringing in Trubisky to be our Ryan Tannehill type acquisition. Kid has a great arm, and he can run the ball when he needs to.

I imagine we'll get to see Trubisky pound the Jets this year during garbage time.