Jets talking with JuJu

29 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Jets needed a pass rusher and got one. What's the issue? Who should they have signed to rush the passer? 

The issue is, he doesnt actually get to the QB but like I said in my post, at least he's got potential to be more, I guess. 

I would have preferred Bud Dupree, Trey Hendrickson, Matt Judon, Yannick Ngakou, personally. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

All that typing to come up with this conclusion?  

If you dont think the WR unit is better, the STs unit is better and the pass rush look better and that doesnt contribute to the win/loss column that pretty scary.  

Yes, it was in response to a post from another poster, so I was addressing the thingies in his post, I didnt just make a general post.  

And once again, I literally said, Davis and Lawson at least somewhat move the needle, pretty scary you couldnt read and comprehend that part of the post. 

29 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Davis definitely hasn’t lived up to his draft status but I still think it’s safe to say that he’s an upper tier #2 who is just hitting his prime.

On an offense that saw guys like Chris Hogan, Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith take plenty of meaningful snaps last year...I’ll take all of the quality players I can get at WR, even if they aren’t true #1’s.

I don’t think that these signings alone make us some kind of contender, but couple them with Wilson/Fields at #2 and further improve the OL, offensive skill positions and CB depth through the draft...and you could be laying down a nice, solid foundation for the coming years.

100%, Davis is better then what we got...and like I said in my post, him and Lawson at least move the needle.  These other dudes, on 1 year contracts, even if they give you a "good" year, arent as you say, building a foundation.  That's my challenge with JD right now, we're basically net positive like 2.5 players since he's joined and the dudes that could really help this roster out, he's just simply missed on signing or drafting.  

I'm a little nervous, that's all.  I dont really see a vision here. 

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, JiF said:

I appreciate your optimism and I understand the work isnt done but the only dudes that remotely even move the needle are Davis and Lawson and both are career underperformers.  Lawson has ridiculously low production for his athletic profile, he's a one trick pony who doesnt actually get to the QB and he has an injury history.   Davis has miserable production for a top WR drafted in the top 5.  As a comparison; JuJu went in the same draft and has 100 more receptions, 1000 more yards and 15 more TDs!  lol  But Big Ben, right?!  Cool cool, Cooper Kupp, same draft, 80 more receptions, 1000 more yards, 13 more TD's.   Both dudes are higher end JAGS, granted with my some potential we havent seen but that's pure hope. 

The rest of these dudes do absolutely nothing for this team.  They're 1 year deal place holders who arent very good, dont move the needle you're looking to replace next year, so you're not actually building anything.  And I'm sorry, you can find a gunner the 7th round.  I mean, why resign guys like Jeff Smith and Vyncent Smith?  

Whatever, there is still more FA and a draft but none of these signings are moving the needle in the win/loss column.  

If youre going to question someones comprehension at least comprehend what you actually wrote first.  Because you didnt say what you think you said

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes, it was in response to a post from another poster, so I was addressing the thingies in his post, I didnt just make a general post.  

And once again, I literally said, Davis and Lawson at least somewhat move the needle, pretty scary you couldnt read and comprehend that part of the post. 

This isnt what you said above, your response to me is pretty scary given youre exact words:

Whatever, there is still more FA and a draft but none of these signings are moving the needle in the win/loss column.  

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

100%, Davis is better then what we got...and like I said in my post, him and Lawson at least move the needle.  These other dudes, on 1 year contracts, even if they give you a "good" year, arent as you say, building a foundation.  That's my challenge with JD right now, we're basically net positive like 2.5 players since he's joined and the dudes that could really help this roster out, he's just simply missed on signing or drafting.  

I'm a little nervous, that's all.  I dont really see a vision here. 

The draft is where we’ll start to see the bigger picture, at least I hope.

If the Jets walk away from the first 4 or 5 rounds with a young QB, a quality interior OL or OT prospect, a wideout like Moore or Toney and some young depth at CB/EDGE/TE/LB, I’ll be pretty comfortable with where the team is headed.

I don’t think the Jets are remotely done yet in FA either. I fully expect them to grab a RB, either re-sign Poole or land a guy like K’Waun Williams for the nickel, make a run at an outside corner like Sherman, Adoree Jackson or maybe even Fuller, etc.

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Serious question ... cause I don't know ... which guy has the better YAC?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

If you look at the stats Crowder looks to me to be more productive.  Crowder last year on 593 snap counts caught 59 balls for 699, 11.8 per  JuJu on 923 snap counts caught 97 balls for 831 with an 8.6 per.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If you look at the stats Crowder looks to me to be more productive.  Crowder last year on 593 snap counts caught 59 balls for 699, 11.8 per  JuJu on 923 snap counts caught 97 balls for 831 with an 8.6 per.  

Delete. Looks like my numbers were off. Posters below added YAC data.

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Corey Davis is a receiver who was 10th on the list of available receivers in 2021 free agency. He benefitted from the 1# run game in the NFL, with stacked boxes and still hasn’t cracked a 1000 yards He’s 26 and the Titans let him walk.

C8295089-D5F0-4D97-9FBD-73EB28BFDBA4.png

wow, that is an awful list.

are you saying you'd rather the jets sign a has been over 30 WR like antonio brown, ty hilton or marvin jones over a coming into his prime corey davis (who actually out-performed all 3 of those guys last year)?  i guess you like the name player - who cares if the now aren't very good.

robinson and godwin never hit the market.  i will give golladay as the top WR on the market - at least if his hip checks out - a big IF.  after that, davis is right up there with juju, fuller and samuel.  fuller can't stay on the field (and is already suspended game 1).  juju averaged under 9 yards a reception.  davis has outperformed samuel through their respective first 4 years in the league.  so one can easily argue davis was the best FA to hit the market after the injured golladay.

10th???  that's an awful take

• Upvote 2

All this JuJu stuff still feels like -without even making a request!- we're getting our collective dicks tugged here a little bit. 

That said, should they land him, the Keelan Cole signing changes my opinion on whether of not they should retain Crowder. I was for it under that circumstance, now I'm not. Both are basically strictly slot guys, and having over $20M tied up in the slot seems pretty excessive. If they make that move, they need to trade Crowder for whatever they can get and just hold onto Berrios as the backup slot. 

I also think JuJu is massively overhyped, and I'd just hold onto Crowder and not bother with the Tik-Tok star, but that's me. 

• Upvote 2

If we could add JuJu to our WR room on a 1-year bargain deal and keep Crowder I would do it in a heartbeat. Would still take one of the top # WR's in the draft if that's how the chips fell in a trade down scenario. Talk about a transformed unit!

I think JD is doing a good job so far. Every pick has an upside and a purpose.

Very curious to see if we bite on one of the experienced CBs.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, QB1 said:

We need crowder AND juju. Not sure where this one or the other nonsense is coming from. 

Both are only really productive in the slot. So why pay Crowder $10M to watch Juju from the sidelines? Plus the WCO aligns a second TE in the slot position pretty frequently. So even less reps for the both of them. We would be better off adding a move TE and speedster WR in the draft.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Both are only really productive in the slot. So why pay Crowder $10M to watch Juju from the sidelines? Plus the WCO aligns a second TE in the slot position pretty frequently. So even less reps for the both of them. We would be better off adding a move TE and speedster WR in the draft.

Agreed.

We need to upgrade the TE position at this point much more than the WR.  Add a WR in the draft who will not be under pressure to produce immediately, but add a decent TE (if any are still available) in the next few days.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

but the only dudes that remotely even move the needle are Davis and Lawson

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If youre going to question someones comprehension at least comprehend what you actually wrote first.  Because you didnt say what you think you said

This isnt what you said above, your response to me is pretty scary given youre exact words:

Read

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The draft is where we’ll start to see the bigger picture, at least I hope.

If the Jets walk away from the first 4 or 5 rounds with a young QB, a quality interior OL or OT prospect, a wideout like Moore or Toney and some young depth at CB/EDGE/TE/LB, I’ll be pretty comfortable with where the team is headed.

I don’t think the Jets are remotely done yet in FA either. I fully expect them to grab a RB, either re-sign Poole or land a guy like K’Waun Williams for the nickel, make a run at an outside corner like Sherman, Adoree Jackson or maybe even Fuller, etc.

Hope so!  Really surprised we haven’t seen any signings with ties to Saleh and Lafluer.  You’d think they’d need a few guys to implement on the field 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

Read

So I guess your comments that the players signed won’t improve the team and units weren’t posted.  Removing those words from what you said from the copy paste.  Lol

Another shltty post where you can’t just say you’re right, I F’d up 

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So I guess your comments that the players signed won’t improve the team and units weren’t posted.  Removing those words from what you said from the copy paste.  Lol

Another shltty post where you can’t just say you’re right, I F’d up 

Holy sh*t man, everything ok, forget to take your meds this morning?  Not sure why you decided to insert yourselves into our conversation and start a stupid dumb sh*t argument but you can stop now. The poster who I responded to, understood me completely and we had a nice conversation about my opinion on his take.  It was lovely.  We gave each other rep and it felt like a virtual hand job.  And like real men do after a good conversation culminating in a handy, we're done and on to looking for our next handy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Holy sh*t man, everything ok, forget to take your meds this morning?  Not sure why you decided to insert yourselves into our conversation and start a stupid dumb sh*t argument but you can stop now. The poster who I responded to, understood me completely and we had a nice conversation about my opinion on his take.  It was lovely.  We gave each other rep and it felt like a virtual hand job.  And like real men do after a good conversation culminating in a handy, we're done and on to looking for our next handy.  

Youre the one who wrote me, denying and accusing me as being the one with a comprehension problem.  

Now youre ragging me?  I dont give a fck what someone got or didnt get.  Youre the one who said the team with the signings wont effect the win/loss record.  Clear as day. 

Move on.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre the one who wrote me, denying and accusing me as being the one with a comprehension problem.  

Now youre ragging me?  I dont give a fck what someone got or didnt get.  Youre the one who said the team with the signings wont effect the win/loss record.  Clear as day. 

Move on.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

7 hours ago, JiF said:

The issue is, he doesnt actually get to the QB but like I said in my post, at least he's got potential to be more, I guess. 

I would have preferred Bud Dupree, Trey Hendrickson, Matt Judon, Yannick Ngakou, personally. 

trey hendrickson's sacks were at least half coverage sacks. lawson >>> hendrickson

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

trey hendrickson's sacks were at least half coverage sacks. lawson >>> hendrickson

Had to get sacks when youre team is losing and the opposition stops passing.  

The game is more complicated than reading a stat sheet.