Jets talking with JuJu

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What about the 12 regular season games they won in 2020. 

Like I said, they lost 4 of their last 5 and then lost to the Browns in the playoffs.

So called swagger from JuJu didnt do squat for them

During my Trevor Lawrence dreams throughout all of 2020 I spoke about two WRs.

Who could become potential Free agent Targets. 

Allen Robinson and JuJu Smith-Schuster. 

Chris Godwin was an awesome idea too and Kenny is someone who I just recently started to study but something about Robinson (no longer available) and JuJu. I love both of their game and (different) styles of play. 

JuJu is young. He's extremely talented. He knows how to get open every play and sometimes wide open; he's electric and he's awesome. He's 80-90+ receptions per year. 

JuJu immediately becomes our most electric receiver since Santana Moss. You can literally line him up all over the field. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster, Denzel Mims,  Corey Davis and Jamison Crowder could immediately create for the NFL's deepest WR unit. 

Imagine that. The NY Football Jets with a dynamic and nasty WR group. 

Keelan Cole too. He could make for an  awesome 5th WR when going 5 Wide. Just signed a 1 year deal with us for only $5M. Last year 55 receptions, 642 receiving yards and 5 TDs on a bad Jax offense. Heading into his 5th season still only 27 @ 6'1/194 lbs. 

Sign JuJu and we're 5 deep @ WR?

JuJu Smith-Schuster and Denzel Mims on the outside when only two wide?

Denzel Mims and Corey Davis working the outside with JuJu Smith-Schuster in the slot when 3 wide?

How about...

Corey Davis and Denzel Mims on the outside with BOTH Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster and Jamison Crowder working the slot(s), underneath routes and deep over the middle of the field down the seems when 4 wide?

Keelan Cole as a 5th WR option as added insurance? 

That's a stacked WR unit. 

Draft either one of Najee Harris or Travis Etienne with our Seattle pick = Offensive playmakers everywhere.

I loved Jamal Adams as a Jet. I dream of JD turning #33 into a future All-Pro RB with either one of Najee or Etienne running behind Becton (on OFFENSE). 

Joe Douglas. Sign JuJu and our offense is ready to TAKE OFF heading INTO THE FREAKING DRAFT!!!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Having one of Davis/Crowder/JJSS/Mims as a 4th receiver is a tremendous waste of money.  How often does WR4 get on the field in a 4 WR set?  When you look at personnel groupings for 2020, most teams are in a 4 WR set 5% of plays.  Paying a WR $8-10 million a season to play 3-5 plays a game and catch 10-15 passes a season is pure insanity .  

Did you happen to watch any of the games between the two teams in the Superbowl by any chance.

Their 4th WR’s are our 2nd best at least.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Having one of Davis/Crowder/JJSS/Mims as a 4th receiver is a tremendous waste of money.  How often does WR4 get on the field in a 4 WR set?  When you look at personnel groupings for 2020, most teams are in a 4 WR set 5% of plays.  Paying a WR $8-10 million a season to play 3-5 plays a game and catch 10-15 passes a season is pure insanity .  

What do you want to spend the money on?

I'll keep asking as we sign back up WR's and 35th out of 36th ranked guards....

Someone needs to give me an answers. 

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What about the 12 regular season games they won in 2020. 

When you start off 11-0, there is absolutely nothing impressive about going 1-4 down the stretch.  Especially when you follow it up by getting your sh*t pushed in by a far less talented divisional opponent on prime-time television.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like I said, they lost 4 of their last 5 and then lost to the Browns in the playoffs.

So called swagger from JuJu didnt do squat for them

He caught 13 for 157 against Cleveland in that playoff game....they didn’t lose because of Juju Smith-Schuster 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

He caught 13 for 157 against Cleveland in that playoff game....they didn’t lose because of Juju Smith-Schuster 

They were down 35-10 at halftime.  If he didn’t put up garbage time stats it would be even more surprising.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

When you start off 11-0, there is absolutely nothing impressive about going 1-4 down the stretch.  Especially when you follow it up by getting your sh*t pushed in by a far less talented divisional opponent on prime-time television.

They still won 12 games and made a playoff appearance far more impressive than a 2-14 season. Pittsburgh has been very successful over the years. No denying that. 

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think we can close this thread fellas. After we signed Cole, Douglas isn’t paying JuJu too

NFL Network reporter after the Cole signing the NY Jets were still in discussion with Ju-Ju. Do you have a link to any reports this is over. More than likely it is but you never know this is the NY Jets. 

31 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

And thats not what I said

I'll help, I said having swagger didnt win games for the Steelers

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And thats not what I said

I'll help, I said having swagger didnt win games for the Steelers

2020 regular season Pittsburgh 12-4 scored 416 points 

NY Jets     2-14 scored 243 points 

Ju-Ju Smith Schuster 9 TD's 

Entire NY Jets offense 16 TD's 

SWAGGER 

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2020 regular season Pittsburgh 12-4 scored 416 points 

NY Jets     2-14 scored 243 points 

Ju-Ju Smith Schuster 9 TD's 

Entire NY Jets offense 16 TD's 

SWAGGER 

One more time, s l o w l y, swagger didnt win their games, swagger didnt lose their games.  Swagger wouldnt have won games for the Jets.

Comparing JuJu's numbers to the Jets is pointless.  On the Jets last season he would have put up those numbers?  Are you really thinking that youre making a point here?

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What do you want to spend the money on?

I'll keep asking as we sign back up WR's and 35th out of 36th ranked guards....

Someone needs to give me an answers. 

Who are the back up WR's, whatever that actually means, that we've signed? 

Who were the great starters we passed on? 

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

Juju should be priority #1

24 y/o receiver who has proven he can put up elite production

no brainer 

he put up elite production playing with a HOF QB and across from the best WR in the game at the time

last year, he put up very mediocre production

I will say this I’ve watched a lot of Steelers games have had JuJu on stupid fantasy team many years.  Guy comes up big when it counts makes plays in 4th quarter and is tough. Unlike that guy we didn’t resign last year who went to Carolina.....it’s a pipe dream now though 

• Upvote 1