Interesting article about the myths surrounding Fields.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You're just jealous you're not as important and intelligent.  You clearly know nothing about Football.  Just bow down the master.  He's a god, just ask him.

I know, I feel I’m not even worthy of responding to him, just in awe of his presence around here.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, football guy said:

How good does it make you feel to press "thumbs down" on a post lol?

So lets get back to football. 

This article is trash. That doesn't make Fields a bad prospect. He's a very good one at that. He's someone who is raw that will need some time to develop, would benefit going to a team who is willing to implement an RPO-style system that maximizes Fields' sub-4.4 speed/less requirement to read the entire field consistently as he learns to adjust to an NFL offense. Has the best body/overall athleticism of all the QBs. Would say he's the 4th QB, but after Wilson/Lawrence, you can make an argument he should be 3rd depending on the offensive scheme and situation. Ideal fit is the New England Patriots assuming they run the same offense they did with Cam last year. If he lands in a system like Denver, he'll probably fail. 

Here's my take; you are trash and I could give two ****s about your opinion. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I know, I feel I’m not even worthy of responding to him, just in awe of his presence around here.  

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I AM GOD

Justin Fields is a great prospect, but to fudge statistics and not present evidence in order to try and claim that he made progression reads more than any quarterback in the country is peak wOkE

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Was watching a rapid mock draft this morning on GMFB and Kyle selected Fields for us which got a big reaction from the crew.  He did say " Don't tell me who they are picking, I got  sources".

It was all a fun segment but hey you never know.  Has JD done anything that everyone expects him to do?   

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Was watching a rapid mock draft this morning on GMFB and Kyle selected Fields for us which got a big reaction from the crew.  He did say " Don't tell me who they are picking, I got  sources".

It was all a fun segment but hey you never know.  Has JD done anything that everyone expects him to do?   

We might as well just fold if we did this lol. It's no disrespect to Fields, but he can't hold Wilson's jock. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

But like broseph, dont you, I dont know, wanna just talk some ball, man?  No nonsense, you feel me, bro?  Just talk ball, bro.  

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I think it's obvious if you're a Zachapono fans, you were probably storming the Capital with the rest of the insurrectionists wearing a Q somewhere on your person.

Didn't catch this one. Why should this post be permitted, yet I'm getting attacked for having a football related perspective? @Maxman

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

Didn't catch this one. Why should this post be permitted, yet I'm getting attacked for having a football related perspective? @Maxman

This ******* guy.  You have to be kidding me tagging Phil.  Wow.  You're such an obnoxious self absorbed a$$hole you dont even realize, I was mocking you and the idiots calling us the "woke" movement for liking a football prospect.  

You are something else, pal.  Wow.  Unreal. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Lol...we’ve had some of the best football discussions here in the draft forum over the last decade or so.   Rarely does everyone agree on prospects but it doesn’t resort to the thin skinned responses we see here today.   Mostly really good debate and sharing of info.   

I love the “go do your homework” and “go watch some tape” stuff, looks like this forum has finally been infected, took a long time though, it was a good run.  

100%.  Literally over a decade worth of great conversation in this forum and a couple full blown dbags join the board and just decimate the community we've established. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Lol...are you serious.   YOU dismissed an article on the premise that it was written to defend Justin because he was black and the author was somehow politically motivated.   You injected all of this into the discussion and when called out on it, you run to @Maxman and complain?   That’s pretty righteous   

This dude is next level.  He legit thinks he's important and takes precedence over other posters. lmfao  I cant even believe this is taking place.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

This ******* guy.  You have to be kidding me tagging Phil.  Wow.  You're such an obnoxious self absorbed a$$hole you dont even realize, I was mocking you and the idiots calling us the "woke" movement for liking a football prospect.  

You clearly don't know how to read, and quite frankly, it's all fun and games until you start mocking sexual orientation and comparing a group of people who support a prospect to insurrectionist terrorists. I'm not one to report people- never have been- but it's become painfully obvious to me that's my only recourse in situations like these. As much as I would love to settle it the old fashion way, that's impossible from behind a computer screen and a keyboard. 

You want to call me obnoxious, self-obsessed? Go for it. Believe it or not, I do realize it, but to quote the late-great Tony Stark, I just don't care lol. But once you start mocking classes of people because of your woke, neo-liberal ideology... it becomes too grotesque for me to just sit idle and not try to correct that behavior via the means available to me. 

Sorry that you're blind to the fact that ideology has found its way into sports analysis and judgement. The reality is a large percentage of people in the media are running with the racial narrative as it relates to Fields, which in my opinion is sick and distracts from how good of a prospect he really is.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Lol...are you serious.   YOU dismissed an article on the premise that it was written to defend Justin because he was black and the author was somehow politically motivated.   You injected all of this into the discussion and when called out on it, you run to @Maxman and complain?   That’s pretty righteous   

Did you even read my post that has you up in arms?

I already issued you your assignment. Go do your research on Ben Solak and TFN guys. I'll patiently wait for your findings. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 hours ago, football guy said:

*author conveniently leaves out videos of the 42 throws which he claims Justin Fields threw to his second read*

To piggyback on @QB1, it does feel like these "analysts" are not really analyzing film, rather, are projecting their "woke" ideology. 

Anyone with 2 pairs of eyes who watches the all-22 can see that the vast majority of throws Fields made were pre-determined reads. Purposefully starting down a safety, then throwing to the first read (which I'm pretty confident is what this analyst is relying on as evidence that he made more progression throws than anyone else) is not a "throw beyond his first read". 

Fields is a talented player and seems like he's a good kid. But the desire to prop him up into something he's not is such an exhausting narrative. Maybe Fields becomes the best QB in the draft, maybe he becomes a quicker processor in the NFL, but the draft is about projection - not maybe. And right now, Fields does not project as a progression thrower no matter how much some of these "journalists" try to rewrite and re-explain history that everyone in the industry knows and accepts. 

... imagine being so woke that this is deemed offensive lol

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

This dude is next level.  He legit thinks he's important and takes precedence over other posters. lmfao  I cant even believe this is taking place.  

He’ll eventually flame out on someone and get himself banned at some point.  He’s very thin skinned.  

He’ll eventually flame out on someone and get himself banned at some point.  He’s very thin skinned.  

That time has come and gone a lonnng time ago my friend. I'm at peace and am having the time of my life. Found a lot of great new memes this morning thanks to this debate

That time has come and gone a lonnng time ago my friend. I'm at peace and am having the time of my life. Found a lot of great new memes this morning thanks to this debate

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Please, so he’s propping Fields up because he’s black?   So everyone is going to run with the whole “Fields only threw to his second read 7 times” mantra?  

Other than a handful of posters around here, this place has become unbearable during this draft cycle.  

It’s like most forget Lawrence and Fields have been 1A and 1B since like Junior year HS now all of a sudden everyone wants to sh*t on him to prop up Wilson is what I’ve seen.  These kind of stories are the minority if you ask me.  Crazy how 3 months of amazing play vs some of the sh*ttiest competition trumps 5 years of amazing play vs some of the toughest competition ??‍♂️ 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

He may also want to ask Phil's take on discussing politics on the football boards. 

21 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Not a fields fan but he’s a better prospect than Wilson this is getting ridiculous 

I'm comfortable going on record with 1) the Jets should not draft a qb before they build an offense 2) if they must draft one, the only prospect in this year's crop that can survive the beating is Fields. Even TL if the Jets were drafting 1, would get his ass kicked in by this division 

The effort fields put up in the playoffs, first against Clemson and then against Bama, is what life is like in the afc east 

There's alot of very real statistics that prove Wilson's not as accurate as people say he is. Also without an mph reading, I suspect that fields has the most pure arm strength, again, even more than TL 

Fields is a 4.4 player who could be kaepernkck in this offensive system 

TL has a golden mlb quality arm 

Trey Lance is a big time arm talent and Mac Jones even ran a 4.68

Wilsons stock, I'll never understand why it went up. 

I don't see why wilsons off platform throws are more impressive by anything fields has shown, their entire careers 

Wilson was in a very favorable position at byu while fields was fighting for his life every week vs future pros. 

Taking the prospect evaluation out of this, playing with the jets is an underdog situation. Ohio state is obviously a factory but they were put to the test. Penn state has 4.3 guys at every spot. Indiana returned 35 letter winners on defense last year 

Wilsons best film is vs no one and his power 5 film is bad 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here's my take; you are trash and I could give two ****s about your opinion. 

Just put him on ignore then.

35 minutes ago, football guy said:

That post was removed.

Thanks Crusher, I was in the process of cleaning things up and you beat me to it. Definitely the right call locking this!

Ignore is a real thing. We can all disagree but personal attacks must be avoided. No room for that here, just use ignore.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1